Poll shows more Americans think Obama is a Muslim

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Obama's done.................one term President.
Now while I'm being blasted, I'll be grilling and eating fillet mignon with all the trimmings. LOL.

Gloating over eating a fish that (at average) only costs $12.99 a pound?

If you're trying to suggest that you're "well off" and that's the reason we should be against you for your political beliefs, then you've fallen well short. Wake me when you're truly wealthy and let me give you a hint... Buying from the frozen section of Stop & Shop and cooking it yourself doesn't cut it. :rolleyes:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Gloating over eating a fish that (at average) only costs $12.99 a pound?

If you're trying to suggest that you're "well off" and that's the reason we should be against you for your political beliefs, then you've fallen well short. Wake me when you're truly wealthy and let me give you a hint... Buying from the frozen section of Stop & Shop and cooking it yourself doesn't cut it. :rolleyes:

Well unless Fish moo and eat grass and produce milk I don't think he's gloating over any :wink: . Filet Mignon is the nice part from the end of a fillet of beef. It's still not shockingly expensive unless it's Wagyu.

On election night 2012, you'll be eating crow instead of that fillet, you'll see.

I kinda agree with him though... as much as I regret it. :frown1:

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well unless Fish moo and eat grass and produce milk I don't think he's gloating over any :wink: . Fillet Mignon is the nice part from the end of a fillet of beef. It's still not shockingly expensive unless its Wagyu.

The sad thing is that I knew this and typed fish anyhow. Perhaps it's because I just had fish & chips for lunch? LOL!

Moo indeed. :biggrin1:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I kinda agree with him though... as much as I regret it. :frown1:

In order to win an election, a party must produce a winning candidate. So far the Republicans are contorted to such an extreme in order to satisfy their base and the Teabaggers (tangential groups but not identical) that finding anyone moderate enough to actually pull off a victory seems, at this point, as unlikely as their putting an American Muslim on the ticket. Possible? Sure! Probable? No so much...

Oh, and fish and chips in the US would probably surprise you: aside from the possibility of the chips not being as you'd expect ("crinkle cut" instead of "steak fries"), it's really just deep-fried white fish (usually cod) and fries. What's to fuck up?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fish and chips in NY? What was that like?

Just your everyday "Fisherman's Platter". Typical, run of the mill restaurant food with haddock, clams, scallops, calamari & fries. Nothing to write home about, but it did hit the spot and that's the important thing. Besides, the real meal is tonight. Doing Italian at this wonderful spot in New Rochelle called Spadaro. The closest I've been to real Italian style cuisine and meal service without having to go to Monticello.

In fact, the family that owns the place in New York has a restaurant of the same name in central Italy and I've had the privilege of eating there. But that story is for a different time. :wink:

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
In order to win an election, a party must produce a winning candidate. So far the Republicans are contorted to such an extreme in order to satisfy their base and the Teabaggers (tangential groups but not identical) that finding anyone moderate enough to actually pull off a victory seems, at this point, as unlikely as their putting an American Muslim on the ticket. Possible? Sure! Probable? No so much...

Oh, and fish and chips in the US would probably surprise you: aside from the possibility of the chips not being as you'd expect ("crinkle cut" instead of "steak fries"), it's really just deep-fried white fish (usually cod) and fries. What's to fuck up?

I dunno, there's more than enough time between now and the next election for the Republicans to pull off a PR coup and rebrand themselves. I just get the feeling that added to how divisive Obama seems to be becoming and how huge the expectations were of him and how hampered he's been in delivering on those expectations there's a strong possibility he could be a one term President.

What's to fuck up? Everything dear fellow, everything, bad fish and chips is swill, good fish and chips is delicious. Plenty of fish and chip shops here and in Britain don't even get it right.

Just your everyday "Fisherman's Platter". Typical, run of the mill restaurant food. Nothing to write home about, but it did hit the spot and that's the important thing. :wink:

What does a Fisherman's Platter consist of then? I'm highly intrigued :smile: Edit, oh I see you answered while I was posting you sneak. Sounds delicious.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

It's the triumph of blind ideology over reason, the triumph of propaganda over reality, the triumph of ignorance over intelligence, the triumph of stupidity over common sense. Corporations and the uber-wealthy - the new monarchy - are in control of the government, and they are determined to kill the goose for that last golden egg. Inmates control the asylum, and at the behest of their masters they are determined to pull it down, walls and all. They are nothing more than utter fools and tools, well on the way to becoming corporate slaves.

Please wake me up when this nightmare is over - if anything remains of my beloved country.

Max every sentence is so painfully true. Way back in the 1980's I had an open mind and was swayed by Reagan and his ideas but soon it became very clear who the barrel of the gun was aimed at. From the war on crime to the war on drugs, they always needed a war on something.

It's very easy to say Obama's a one-term president against some unknown candidate. But any candidate they pick would have to be as whacko as Palin to get the 'base' out. And the base has been moving more and more into The Twilight Zone. The rise of Glen Beck and Sarah Palin is irrefutable proof the the 'base' are total knuckle daggers whose only knowledge of the Constitution is the 2nd Amendment.

GOP candidates unpredictable and wacky

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maxcok, I know that we have disagreed in the past, but your statement quoted below really resonates with me. I feel something akin to despair about the condition of our country.

To site only one situation, the effects of the decision in Citizens United and related cases are beginning to be seen already. George Bush's Supreme Court and other judicial appointments are the gift that will keep on giving, as if he hadn't screwed us enough already.

I don't claim to know the specific solutions to our problems but the citizens of the United States need to WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Please wake me up when this nightmare is over - if anything remains of my beloved country.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For the same or similar reasons I don't sense that the Democrats will be routed in the fall to the degree that some people hope, or fear. Maybe the country is not THAT dumb.

The Democrats are far from perfect, and in the context of some of Maxcok's prior remarks in this thread, even saying this about the them is being nice. But to go back to Republican dominance, well. . .

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I dont doubt that Obama is a Muslim, that is his choice but he has no place in the Presidency of the US...get that ass out as soon as possible...Take his challenged wife with him...do it now before its too late.
You're joking right?
I know! It's reminiscent of Henny Youngman, isn't it? But fraid not, Hilly. That's how he rolls.

Here are a couple of his other recent gems:
Face you liberal idiots, Obama is a black man and as such is insecure. It is a good thing he is able to speak well, otherwise he would have NOTHING....including his fashion challenged wife.
Blacks dont watch Fox News, they dont want to hear the truth. It's understandable....
:rolleyes: Ignorance is no crime I suppose, but I figure he'll be banned soon enough for his overtly racist statements.

As for this one . . .
Obama's done.................one term President.

Now while I'm being blasted, I'll be grilling and eating fillet mignon with all the trimmings. LOL.
. . . he lurks in my (red)neck of the woods, for all I know in the same county. Surprisingly narrow views overall for a 100% gay boy, even in Tennessee, though not that unusual and not as overtly bigoted as some. Believe me, I know the type. I'd lay good money that he claims to be grilling filet mignon because he's trying to impress with the 'fanciest' thing he knows, typical of Republican wannabes. "All the trimmings" would include baked taters with margarine and imitation sour cream, some kind of mushy rolls, all washed down with a sixpack.

Just as likely he got a burger and fries at the local Sonic drive-in.

*Analysis by Max, who in honor of lurker dined on a perfectly turned Chateaubriand in shallot demi-glace, homegrown sauteed pattypan squash with a dusting of asiago, asparagus tips in beurre noisette, and a wild rice pilaf with my own lightly toasted pecans, swilling it all down with a lovingly aged Châteauneuf-du-Pape.* :cool:

Sorry. But Obama "Hope and Change" is over! What an idoit he is! I would have rather to have my choice, Hilliary!
Irony... such blissful irony, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Moo indeed.
Seriously, that one is almost worth framing. Hope and Change > i - do - it. Hilarity!

Oh lord, the ironies are piling up. Thankfully we don't have to prove how stupid the opposition is, as long as they are willing to do it for us. Not that it helps really. Time to cull the herd? :smile:

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe you wrote "fish" because lurker37160 wrote "fillet mignon" rather that the correct "filet mignon". You just associated his incorrect spelling with the correct spelling for part of the procedure used in the preparation of fresh fish.

The sad thing is that I knew this and typed fish anyhow. Perhaps it's because I just had fish & chips for lunch? LOL!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Maybe you wrote "fish" because lurker37160 wrote "fillet mignon" rather that the correct "filet mignon". You just associated his incorrect spelling with the correct spelling for part of the procedure used in the preparation of fresh fish.

Oh and annoyingly I went a repeated the same fucking mistake! :eek::mad: How irritating is that? Ah but my new found modliness means I can go back a make things alright again. :tongue:

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And I don't think any true Muslim would have both of his daughters baptized into the Chrisitan faith.

Remember Reverend Wright, the asshole CHRISTIAN minister who's church the Obama family attended for 20 years? The irony of that whole debacle was that, while it showed that the Obamas have a whack job for a preacher, it also shone a bright light on the fact that Barack Obama is a Christian. But why dwell on irony when you can have it both ways, right?

He has repeatedly said he is a Christian. He was sworn into the US Senate on a big ol bible. He was sworn in as President on an even bigger bible. If he were Muslim, this would be grounds for excommunication. Even death in some archaic parts of the world. parts of the world Obama was supposedly born in (lol)....which leads me to..................

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Uh oh, boys. Remember your statistics. "median", not "average" is the measurement by which it can be stated that an equal number are above and below.

George Carlin once said "Think of how stupid the average person is and then realize that half of them are stupider than that."

Funny quote, as meant to be i guess. Factually tho it means that half are less stupid.

Last edited: