Poll - the new penis icons and child safety

Do you agree that the penis icons should be removed?

• YES

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • NO

Votes: 33 55.9%

• Total voters

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Imagine a child who stumbled upon this site yesterday. The front page is a forum, and most children will just think BORING and leave.
But now look at these penis icons today. They are so like the dog bone icons on lots of sites for children...which makes the front page of the site specifically attractive to children and encourages them to click through.
THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
It may not be legal. The USA's Child Online Protection Act (1998) imposes a duty to protect children from materials harmful to minors. This seems to be a direct invitation to children to view.

^^What a load of Puritanical tripe. Viewing a penis does not harm children and the "bone images", according to you, were simply attractive to them as opposed to doing them any harm. I neither find those images attractive nor a child-specific invitation to lpsg. The child's parents are duty bound to prevent their children from navigating through adult websites anyhow.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
just go to the top of the page and click the LPSG.ORG it takes you to the index page. I wonder why they turn grey after you click on them a few times. I think it wouldn't look so silly if they didn't all look the same, how boring would that be.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
just go to the top of the page and click the LPSG.ORG it takes you to the index page. I wonder why they turn grey after you click on them a few times. I think it wouldn't look so silly if they didn't all look the same, how boring would that be.

rtft

[...] what happens when you do click on those icons (be they the old folder or the new cartoon cock) - What happens? If you single click nothing happens - if you double click the forum content gets marked as read. The user is not taken to forum and sees no additional content.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What? Those are supposed to be penis 'cartoons'? More like silhouettes, and pretty abstract ones also. I honestly cannot imagine what harm these could do to the brain of a child.

D

deleted509196

I don't see anything wrong with them, I hadn't noticed before I found this thread though.

D_Polyxena Pasties

Just Browsing
Media
I voted no. Anyone who's ever got to know me as more than "big boobs" on this site knows I have... well, what I like to call a gaggle of children. I feel that it's the parents job to watch what kids are seeing on the web. They have great parental controls. The basic ones that come with for example Vista, block this site. It's done on key words. Key word for lpsg is "penis". So my kids can't access this site.

My oldest and only girl is 10 years old. *if* for some reason she magically was able to view the site, I don't think a penis drawing like that would damage her. She, at ten knows what a penis is (she has younger brothers) and most kids of internet age do.

The lpsg page is simple, black,white,grey... no offense, but sort of boring. NOT exciting to a child AT all. My kids and their friends like colors and flash...... ie; neopets and wizzard101.

So, from my own personal parenting experience, I feel a child would stumble across it , think it looked stupid or boring and move on.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
after rtft, I don't see any validity to any ones argument, not an issue at all. Except there silly looking which is correct.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Deno, I suggested you rtft because the post of mine I quoted after yours answered your question about why they turn grey. They are just markers as to whether there are new posts in the sub-fora or not. If you double click one you are marking that forum as read. That's all.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yes, I am aware, thx, I have 2 grey'd out permanently that I never double clicked on or haven't visited.
Penis Enlargement, Faq and Fictitious Stories.

Now I noticed the Penis Enlargement is back to being black, strange.

Last edited:

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have changed these back to what they were before. Not because I feel that there are any "child safety" issues, but because they were a quick and dirty experiment, and came off as amateurish at best.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. This is part of a greater process of trying to find a logo image to help identify LPSG. I've got another idea that I'm working on. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Cheers for taking the feedback on board, Rob - very gracious of ya. :)

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks Rob - How about an animated gif of a gaping ass that drips cum when the forum has new posts? Give them something to complain about :biggrin:

(I'll think properly about it later :redface:)

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What? Those are supposed to be penis 'cartoons'? More like silhouettes, and pretty abstract ones also. I honestly cannot imagine what harm these could do to the brain of a child.
Children's minds are much more in danger of being harmed by puritanical pillocks like the OP.

• Haha
Reactions: dreamer20

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:boggled::booty::shock: Oh Manly!

Seriously, howsabout a condom theme?
That would probably be just as offensive to the people against and aghast~~and would probably bring in the whole Catholic League and debates about how a penis site shouldn't promote birth control~~the Pope himself would most likely place a post to telll us that.

Children's minds are much more in danger of being harmed by puritanical pillocks like the OP.
True.