Poll.... You Decide Should We Issue Warnings For Posting "bump" Yes Or No?

Should Users Be Punished For "Bump"ing Threads?

• Yes! Please Implement This!

Votes: 317 53.3%
  • No They Shouldn't!

Votes: 278 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've heard this complaint a lot. Should we punish users that bump threads? I think the appropriate punishment is.....
1st Offence 5 to 10 Warning Points.
2nd Offence 20 warning points
3rd Offence Banned.

This would only apply to bumps made after this is passed.
Reminder 60 Warning Points is a Ban.

This is up to LPSG users. You decide. Yes or no?

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
I've heard this complaint a lot. Should we punish users that bump threads? I think the appropriate punishment is.....
1st Offence 5 to 10 Warning Points.
2nd Offence 20 warning points
3rd Offence Banned.

This would only apply to bumps made after this is passed.
Reminder 60 Warning Points is a Ban.

This is up to LPSG users. You decide. Yes or no?
It depends on how soon the bump is
for instance if the thread is new and someone bumps it after after what under 10 minutes after it was created then a warning should be issued,

BUT if the bump was after what 2 or 3 days minimum I think someone bumping the thread is fair enough

DoYouLikeMe

Admired Member
Media
It depends on how soon the bump is
for instance if the thread is new and someone bumps it after after what under 10 minutes after it was created then a warning should be issued,

BUT if the bump was after what 2 or 3 days minimum I think someone bumping the thread is fair enough
Agreed. Sometimes threads get lost in the shuffle and a bump every now and then isn't bad for visibility. It's when it happens multiple times within a day that it becomes annoying.

Heron

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While "Bump" can be annoying, banning for using it is pretty extreme and too big brotherish.

How does it get enforced? Bump, bumpety, dump, and a host of other variations are used including just quoting a previous post and adding nothing. It would be difficult to script which means someone either has to report it or a moderator has a big job.

How about just having some posting guidelines with things like
- don't bump threads without adding content within 48 hours of the last post
- no name calling
- no fighting (such as the endless fights over cut vs uncut that derail threads)
- other stuff

Then if someone abuses the guidelines they can be reported.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi all. The voting on this poll was very close. Closer than I expected.

What we are going to do is the following. Bumping isn't against the rules but must be done within reason. Anyone excessively bumping or bumping for no reason could receive a 5 point warning for it. It's really down to common sense. Nobody will be banned for bumping but may receive a warning if others deem your behavior to be disruptive to the board.

That sound good?

randomreb

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think some degree of flexibility - like you can bump a thread if it's been 24 hours since the last post, but before that not allowed. Because if people don't see some of the threads that are 'bumped' to the top, you're much more likely to get duplicates from the people who don't understand how a search function works.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Doing this would change nothing, all you get is a bunch of “omg he’s hot” or “update”, “anything new”. Makes no difference, I truly think it’s the fact that ppl are just annoyed at the word
What if I replaced "bump" with a self-deprecating comment? :joy:

Rulan

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While "Bump" can be annoying, banning for using it is pretty extreme and too big brotherish.

How does it get enforced? Bump, bumpety, dump, and a host of other variations are used including just quoting a previous post and adding nothing. It would be difficult to script which means someone either has to report it or a moderator has a big job.

How about just having some posting guidelines with things like
- don't bump threads without adding content within 48 hours of the last post
- no name calling
- no fighting (such as the endless fights over cut vs uncut that derail threads)
- other stuff

Then if someone abuses the guidelines they can be reported.
Maybe a better solution would be to warn people that just writes “bump” for the sake of bringing a thread to the first page of the forum, even though the thread is pretty active. There’re several threads that I follow that are active one or twice a month because it’s about people that aren’t that well known, so bumping the thread makes it easier to other users to find it and it prevents new members to start a new thread on someone that already has one.

Lpsg is a site of both discussion and sharing content such as pictures and videos. If someone wants tu bump a thread, the least they can do is try to make a comment that can start a healthy discussion on said thread, and not just bumping for the sake of bumping. Also, can we get a better moderation on the cut vs uncut arguments? It invades a lot of threads and in many cases it ends up on racial rants and calling people names.