Poll.... You Decide Should We Issue Warnings For Posting "bump" Yes Or No?

Should Users Be Punished For "Bump"ing Threads?

• Yes! Please Implement This!

Votes: 317 53.3%
  • No They Shouldn't!

Votes: 278 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrlurch

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Twitter has words that you can mute, can’t you somehow have that feature here? So therefore people who have muted the word either don’t see the thread or you could impose that word so the person who posted bump, the message doesn’t actually send?

Ferdawoon

Superior Member
Media
A solution (which I think is almost as bad and that will absolutly get abused) is just a button at the end of the thread saying [Bump] which puts up up at the top just as if you posted Bump. Same effect, but no page after page of just saying "Bump".

While we are at it, make it an offense and issue warnings to those that just post "PM me!" page after page because someone said they have something to give out but does not want to post it. If they wanted it they could just have sent a message directly to the user instead of filling several pages with "PM me!"..

randomreb

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think some degree of flexibility - like you can bump a thread if it's been 24 hours since the last post, but before that not allowed. Because if people don't see some of the threads that are 'bumped' to the top, you're much more likely to get duplicates from the people who don't understand how a search function works.

D

deleted1085850

I think it's asinine to punish people for bumping, that being said I think monitoring and handing out infections to those who bump overzealously could be beneficial. Most other forums I visit only allow a thread to actually be 'bumped' once every 24 hours. It seems to work out pretty well.

bmagic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think some degree of flexibility - like you can bump a thread if it's been 24 hours since the last post, but before that not allowed. Because if people don't see some of the threads that are 'bumped' to the top, you're much more likely to get duplicates from the people who don't understand how a search function works.
Hmmm I think at least 5 days would be better than 24 hours cause the 24 hours could be abused as well. You get a notification everyday just to see the word bump. That could get annoying and tiring easily

Reactions: Savage69r

TYTYTY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1. a minimum of 48 hours after the last post is required before a bump , violators will be banned for one week, second time violations 2-week ban, third time month-ban...

2. same ID (or the same poster behind multiple IDs) cannot bump the same thread more than once regardless of the last time he/she bumped, there is a strictly one-bump for one-thread limit for everyone.

Reactions: Savage69r

cvcrcer

Loved Member
Media
you can "watch" the thread... and if someone posts something you'll get notified ...and if someone has something specific they want to post they can search for it...
bumps are annoying cause people don't really do it every now and again but you can't really regulate it in my opinion

Watching threads is all well and good but the feature isn't 100%. I often see threads I'm watching pop up near the top of the page again without ever getting a

Part of the problem is that half the time the with watched threads like with YouTube you are not always notified that something new has been posted. So half the time the only way I see that something new has been posted is when someone writes bump or another word similar to it for some reason. As for writing the word bump I don't think you should ban people but rather have guidelines for when a thread can be bumped like lets say you have to wait 2-3 days before you can "bump" a thread and you can only do it only if there has been no activity on it.

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are we talking site-wide or only this sub Forum? I don't see anything wrong with, after a few days or week of inaction a single bump. From the few times I've entered models/celebs, some posts seem to have more bumps than actual content.

Reactions: TYTYTY

TYTYTY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are we talking site-wide or only this sub Forum? I don't see anything wrong with, after a few days or week of inaction a single bump. From the few times I've entered models/celebs, some posts seem to have more bumps than actual content.

exactly why we need to enforce the bump rule, more bumps than actual contents should tell you there are not many people here share the same interest as yours, or there are no new contents showing up, either way it's time to move on!

Reactions: bmagic

patrickpenis

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It's really annoying when I'm "Watching" a thread and I'm notified of a new post only to find out it's a Bump. It's so easy to find Something of substance to post about. Even a G-rated picture which hasn't been posted yet. Bumping a thread is just laziness.

Reactions: nicnic and bmagic

bmagic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's really annoying when I'm "Watching" a thread and I'm notified of a new post only to find out it's a Bump. It's so easy to find Something of substance to post about. Even a G-rated picture which hasn't been posted yet. Bumping a thread is just laziness.
THANK YOU!!! They expect people to do the work for them when they can do it themselves

BlueFlame

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd much rather see a poll to issue warnings to the extremists who hijack threads with annoying debates about cut and uncut that go on endlessly.

THIS. ^

People will find a way around it by posting something other than “Bump” to bump a thread. I rather the mods go after real stuff then sit around punishing bumpers all day.

Bump is just a four letter word , if that really disturbs a user , they can just choose to ignore it.

Warnings should be given for offenses and not for something as mediocre as using a word