Poll.... You Decide Should We Issue Warnings For Posting "bump" Yes Or No?

Should Users Be Punished For "Bump"ing Threads?

• Yes! Please Implement This!

Votes: 317 53.3%
  • No They Shouldn't!

Votes: 278 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bmagic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But bumpers should face some kind of penalty. I've seen people just make a thread and 10 mins later someone puts bump or someone would bump then an hour or so later someone would bump again. I've even seen people start their thread with bump like come on

shyguyy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A day isn't that long a wait, the minimum should be 3. The punishment for doing it can be altered as well. And for those saying there's a workaround for bumpers to alternate methods, there's also a report button. If it's a pattern that can be picked up on then that could also be handled accordingly.

People share content all the time and instead of it being met with a discussion it's responded to with post more. If this really is a place for discussion, let's bring more of that to the table.

Reactions: billybones

nightbat

Superior Member
Media
I truly think it’s the fact that ppl are just annoyed at the word

No one is mad at a word...

Bumping threads is like getting spam emails flooding your inbox, it's extremely annoying, time consuming, contributes nothing, and 99% of the time leads to nothing new actually being posted.

There is a search feature, if people used it more bumping would become irrelevant.

Not a single bump should be tolerated, there is not a single justifiably reason to bump a thread.

Reactions: Darthchi

Darthchi

Superior Member
Media
There should def. be warnings when a thread is bumped less than a day since the last activity. If someone replaces his/her bump by a comment, then this comment should be related to the last post or related to it, otherwise it would be a disguised bump. E.g: if the guy makes the same comment 5 times in 3 days that the model in the thread is hot...it’s a disguised bump. And anyway there will be warnings issued before bans so people could sill have the possibility to explain themselves

Reactions: Squirrel1

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Edit* Oh and there should def. be warnings for people creating new threads when there are already one or two created, and they did not take the time to search so they post in all
Three of them when something comes up...
That one would be harder to police.

Reactions: danerain

digitalone

Admired Member
Media
I think the bumping is fine, but maybe quantify a reasonable timeframe like what others have suggested.

Just digressing, there is another annoying behaviour. When a topic thread is started of a particular model/celebrity, there is almost always someone who claims to have videos or photos of the person discussed, but will never share anything. Half the time, these claims are just put out there to annoy the heck out of people.

My view is that if you don't intend to share (either publicly or privately), what is the point of mentioning "yes, I have the photo of so-and-so full frontal naked", or "yes, it exists and I have it, but I won't show you or share it or even prove it with a cropped photo" etc.

rokkstar

Expert Member
Media
Maybe once a week or something, not every day or 2. What really needs to be taken care of is the people trying to sell or trade. They pop up everywhere, this site was never about selling or trading. They need to be banned for solicitation.

Reactions: danerain

nicnic

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Bumps are annoying and they should be against the rules. But as infractions go, they're small and shouldn't be over-policed. I am sometimes frustrated when I encounter a user whose only posts are repeated bumps. They contribute nothing to the community. We should have a policy to deal with that.

Reactions: Anron