polls changed, can Obama still win ?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Following your flawed logic, Senator McCain and Governor Palin have had to explain her lack of knowledge regarding world geopolitics as evidenced in the Gibson interview, and the gals of the "View" had McCain explaining why he is lying in his campaign ads. The gals of "The View" have more "balls" than the rest of the Mainstream media!

Obama has been lying from day one. Obama's campaign is run by lobbyists who gave up their registration to be on his campaign. :rolleyes: Obama has been lying about not accepting donations from Oil Companies...when in fact no candidate can. :rolleyes: We've already gone over this many times so I'll leave at this: Obama's whole campaign has been based on misrepresentations and a lack of experience and substance.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Obama has been lying from day one. Obama's campaign is run by lobbyists who gave up their registration to be on his campaign. :rolleyes: Obama has been lying about not accepting donations from Oil Companies...when in fact no candidate can. :rolleyes: We've already gone over this many times so I'll leave at this: Obama's whole campaign has been based on misrepresentations and a lack of experience and substance.
I'll disregard the fallacy of this post, but interestingly, you didn't refute the fact that the Mccain/Palin ticket has been lying to smear Senator Obama....

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
McCain Barbs Stirring Outcry as Distortions (New York Times)
Harsh advertisements and negative attacks are a staple of presidential campaigns, but Senator John McCain has drawn an avalanche of criticism this week from Democrats, independent groups and even some Republicans for regularly stretching the truth in attacking Senator Barack Obama’s record and positions...
McCain Wrong on Palin Earmarks (Los Angeles Times)
NEW YORK -- John McCain got it wrong Friday when he asserted that his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, had not requested any earmarks, the spending directives lawmakers insert in spending bills that McCain has vowed to eliminate.
Palin, in fact, requested $198 million in federal earmarks in February, including such expenses as $487,000 to fight obesity in Alaska and $4 million to develop recreational trails.
McCain Lambasted for Inaccuracies (Seattle Times)
Sen. John McCain has drawn an avalanche of criticism this week from Democrats, independent groups and some Republicans for regularly stretching the truth in attacking Sen. Barack Obama's record and positions.
Obama also has been accused of distortions, but McCain is under fire for two headline-grabbing attacks. First, the McCain campaign twisted Obama's words to suggest he had compared GOP vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin to a pig after Obama questioned McCain's claim to be a change agent by saying, "You can put lipstick on a pig; it's still a pig." (McCain has used the same expression to describe Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's health plan.)
He then falsely claimed that Obama supported "comprehensive sex ed" for kindergartners. (Obama supported teaching them to be alert for inappropriate advances from adults.)
Palin, McCain Contradict Each Other on Spending (San Francisco Chronicle)
In a televised interview Friday, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin defended her request for an estimated $200 million in federal projects from Congress - even as earlier in the day her GOP running mate John McCain insisted Palin had never sought money from Congress.
McCain Wraps Distortions Around One Truth (Washington Post)
THE AD
He was the world's biggest celebrity, but his star's fading. So they lashed out at Sarah Palin. Dismissed her as "good-looking." That backfired, so they said she was doing "what she was told." Then desperately called Sarah Palin a liar. How disrespectful. And how Governor Sarah Palin proves them wrong, every day.
ANALYSIS
This John McCain commercial, which contains two significant distortions, is part of a larger effort to rule criticism of his running mate out of bounds and to paint her as the victim of unfair attacks from both Democrats and the media.
Palin Reviews Are In, and Gibson Got a... (New York Times)
After taking in some of Charles Gibson’s interviews with the Republican vice-presidential nominee, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, Paul Begala sounded ready to cast his vote.
"I thought one person on my television screen looked ready to assume the presidency," Mr. Begala, the CNN commentator, said by telephone on Friday. "It wasn’t Governor Palin."
Fact Check: McCain on Palin and Earmarks (Dallas Morning News)
For more on John McCain's incorrect claim that Sarah Palin has sought no earmarks as governor, click here. The Associated Press reports that Ms. Palin "asked for nearly $200 million in targeted spending for the 2009 fiscal year."
Along the same lines, McClatchy declares a new Republican ad "out of bounds" for its claim that Ms. Palin "vetoed nearly half a billion dollars in wasteful spending and cut earmark requests by hundreds of millions of dollars." While technically true, McClatchy says, the ad takes the remark out of context enough that its meaning is distorted.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I'll disregard the fallacy of this post, but interestingly, you didn't refute the fact that the Mccain/Palin ticket has been lying to smear Senator Obama....

I didn't dignify it with a response. If the the lipstick pig ad is your idea of a heinous lie then Obama has got problems. Everyone in the room thought he was talking about Palin. Obama just doesn't get a pass anymore. And the Sex Education Ad? Obama has been just as egregious in his ads now and during the primary. Whining about that ad is ridiculous. Obama isn't being beaten in the polls because of his vote on that bill...he needs to get back on message and stop playing the victim of attack ads.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn't dignify it with a response. If the the lipstick pig ad is your idea of a heinous lie then Obama has got problems. Everyone in the room thought he was talking about Palin. Obama just doesn't get a pass anymore. And the Sex Education Ad? Obama has been just as egregious in his ads now and during the primary. Whining about that ad is ridiculous. Obama isn't being beaten in the polls because of his vote on that bill...he needs to get back on message and stop playing the victim of attack ads.
I guess you chose to ignore all of the reputable new sources who have called out McCain for lying....................

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
No need for a long op here.

Simply.........who thinks he can still win?

ps..........this is obviously some propaganda but still interesting

Google Image Result for http://www.grizzlybay.org/SarahPalinVikings.jpg

Aside from the individual candidates ... this country is still basically split 50/50. Even though the Republican party brand is in terrible shape right now, that doesn't mean people are getting more liberal. We Americans still basically vote for the person and not the party.

At his best, Barack Obama was not wiping the floor with John McCain. McCain is enjoying a post-convention bump that is small in comparison with previous years, but enough to tighten the race.

A lot can still happen between now and Election Day. And it will probably come down to one state ... Colorado is my guess; but it might be Nevada or Virginia or even New Hampshire. It will be that tight that a state with single-digit electoral votes could sway the election.

So no one should get dejected over tight polls. No one will be running away with the race early. Obama should be working to make sure that young folks and African-Americans register and turn out. McCain should be courting moderate independents while Palin shores up his base.

It'll be a hell of a ride!

Young N Sassy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh my god. I don't see how anybody can believe Obama's bullshit "HOPE" and "CHANGE" plan. He uses those two words in place of actual ideas.

He's vague on specifics because most of his ludicrous far-left positions on issues wouldn't sit well with most Americans.

I just DON'T understand, for the life of me, how someone with such little experience has even made it thus far. He won't make it all the way. I'm not worried.

Bottom line: NObama '08. No questions. No answers. NO vote.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh my god. I don't see how anybody can believe Obama's bullshit "HOPE" and "CHANGE" plan. He uses those two words in place of actual ideas.

He's vague on specifics because most of his ludicrous far-left positions on issues wouldn't sit well with most Americans.

I just DON'T understand, for the life of me, how someone with such little experience has even made it thus far. He won't make it all the way. I'm not worried.

I love low information voters.......

Young N Sassy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha. Uh, low information? I read about both candidates, daily. I just didn't feel like sitting here, on LPSG, typing every reason I disagree with Obama. Just like I didn't post every reason I support McCain. I have better things to do than to debate with people on a large penis website.

Before you sit here and fucking insult my intelligence, maybe you should get your facts right.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Oh my god. I don't see how anybody can believe Obama's bullshit "HOPE" and "CHANGE" plan. He uses those two words in place of actual ideas. And the whole 'taxing the rich more' idea? Ahh, who cares, they make enough, right? That's ridiculous. In general, most of the professions that make the most money have gone to school the most. Why punish them?

He supports a progressive tax policy. It's not a new idea. Poor people use the largest portion of their income to pay for necessities....food, clothing, health, etc. His plan has people paying progressively more as they make more money. Further, he isn't talking about people who went to school and make good money, he's talking about people who make a ton of money. The MD who makes 150,000 a year went to school longer than the MBA who is making 3,000,000 a year. They both make more than the poor schlub who has a double PhD and makes 80,000. Obama believes taxes should be adjusted to people's ability to pay. Like Warren Buffet has said, there's something wrong when a multi-billionaire is paying a lower tax bracket than his secretary.

He isn't vague. Either you're just repeating what you've heard in the media, or you haven't done any research whatsoever. He has many policy speeches on youtube, has written at least one book on this ideas, and has an extensive policy section on his website. I can't fathom how you can say something like that.

As for being far-left, he's pretty moderate. I don't think you know what far-left is, and I'm not sure how you can make the determination anyway, since you've said you don't know any specifics about his policies. A progressive tax policy has been a Democratic platform forever.

I love how every year, the Democrats run the "most liberal man ever" if you were to believe the conservatives.

Nobody running has been president, so any experience is debatable. Obama is a constitutional law expert, which alone makes me think he'd be better than the current administration. Other than that, i agree with his policies, and most of his voting record.

My favorite thing is when I say I'm opposed to Obama and the race card gets played. Hahaha. Is that all you Obama supporters have to say? I suppose I should start accusing everyone for being sexist when they say they don't like Palin.

I've only accused racism when valid....ie, when people start busting his middle name without using McCain's. Can you be more specific here?

Young N Sassy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've stated that I know nothing about his policies? Well congrats, you pulled that one out of your ass.

You want to know where I don't agree with him?

Late-term partial abortion. To the point where the woman is in labor, as long as the head isn't out yet? That's murder.

The 'death penalty' for non-homicidal crimes, such as child rapists. I believe in taking a life for a life. But a rapist took nobody's life. They deserve years upon years in jail, but not death.

He advocates the development of alternate fuels (which I agree with), but including further exploration of nuclear power? No.

Health care for everyone means illegal immigrants as well. Nope.

A pathway for citizenship for illegal immigrants? No. They got here ILLEGALLY. They should be sent back and have to do it the right way.

I'm not even going to continue. Arguing on LPSG is by-far a waste of my time.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've stated that I know nothing about his policies? Well congrats, you pulled that one out of your ass.

You want to know where I don't agree with him?

Late-term partial abortion. To the point where the woman is in labor, as long as the head isn't out yet? That's murder.

The 'death penalty' for non-homicidal crimes, such as child rapists. I believe in taking a life for a life. But a rapist took nobody's life. They deserve years upon years in jail, but not death.

He advocates the development of alternate fuels (which I agree with), but including further exploration of nuclear power? No.

Health care for everyone means illegal immigrants as well. Nope.

A pathway for citizenship for illegal immigrants? No. They got here ILLEGALLY. They should be sent back and have to do it the right way.

I'm not even going to continue. Arguing on LPSG is by-far a waste of my time.
I see you're from Massachusetts as am I. At least your vote won't count because Massachusetts is going for Obama..........I called you a low info voter becuse you yourself sid that Obama has been vague on specifics. he has been anything BUT vague.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That was a complete and utter convolution of his stated policies. You have been getting your Obama information from the right and they are absolutely not an accurate surrogate for his policies. You are a conservative so you are going to cling to misinformation and misrepresentations of his stands on issues rather than to his actual policies.

Young N Sassy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see you're from Massachusetts as am I. At least your vote won't count because Massachusetts is going for Obama..........I called you a low info voter becuse you yourself sid that Obama has been vague on specifics. he has been anything BUT vague.

I'm well aware of the fact I live in a democratic state. Still voting McCain, tho.

D

deleted213967

To Senator Obama's credit, his platform became increasingly granular as the primaries progressed.

Yet I find it ironic that Obama is now attacking the McCain ticket for adopting his own past tactics with Palin.

Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

Still, there is no question Obama's campaign management shrewdly avoided inquisitive reporters and risky commitments on policy details until his nomination was more assured (say, after that 11-state stretch of victories).

Even to this day, both parties are extremely fuzzy about their solutions for the impossible challenges we face: the ginormous national debt, budget deficit, the energy impasse, the looming ecological crisis, etc.

horsehung76

Just Browsing
Media
Geez, I guess I need to gather my political info from The View and liberal columnists in liberal newspapers just like Industrialsize. Seriously dude, are you kidding me? The View? The NY Times? The Washington Post? You are joking, right?

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The Republicans have had something amazing happen to them this election cycle. Usually, when an incumbent is unpopular (and no one is more unpopular that Senor Brain-dead) his party suffers at the next election. But given the fact that Obama does not have a unsurmountable lead in the polls, it seems that voters have disconnected Bush and Co. from the republican party and that can only help the them in november

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Polls changed again... its a statical dead-heat again. So yes, its anyone's election at this point. The Palin factor has now subsided and now its on to the debates... which by the way will determine this election as it should.

If Obama doesn't do his job in the debates, he deserves to lose. However, moderated debates are McCain's weakness (I put him on rope-a-dope watch, he may do better than pundits think) but we shall see.

Once Palin runs out of answers that her handlers gave her, she'll be out in them middle of the ring with a 30 year pro, Biden. To me, Biden could very well be the "sleeper" in this election. Since Palin has come out as a feisty hockey mom, she can't claim foul when Biden roughs her up in the debate.

I predict that Obama handles McCain in the debates. However, I think the VP debate will be a blow out - either Palin or Biden will destroy the other. Either way, the fight is between Obama and McCain; afterall, they're the ones running for Prez. The other two are just window dressing.