Pollution causeing avereage male penis size to get smaller?

D_Raynor Scheiniglans

Experimental Member
Media
there was a story on Drudgereport this weekend from a paper in Britain where scientists have been studying the affect of chemicals in food on new born baby boys. According to the study, women exposed to certain levels of common chemicals in food from pesticides and pollution bore sons whose penis was smaller than mothers who had lower levels of these chemicals. In addition, more babies are being born girls because of this feminizing affect on babies that otherwise would have been born male.

The link isnt on Drudge anymore, but i dont think it is the only story of its kind around.

My question for discussion is this: the sex surveys done in the sixties tended to show a longer average penis size. Kensey's first survey found 6.5" to be the average.

Since then, most surveys have shown a reduction in average size. When i was in college, surveys in women's magazines my girlfriend would read were saying 6". Later, 5.5" seemed to be what new condom companies surveys were finding. And the other year, i saw a survey from Mexico where the average size was said to be just over 5".

It seems to me that there are 3 main possiblities as to why the surveys seem to be finding lower averages:

1: the methods of the surveys are getting better as society changes. Men (especially college aged men) are not as prudish and therefore more participate in surveys, broadening the sample. More men means more smaller men, thus making the average lower.

2: Some "political correctness" has gotten into the surveys. In an effort to make men feel better about their sizes, magazine and health studies have tended to downplay size and make the range of "normal" penis size lower. The same sort of thing that promotes "self esteem" in schools over achievemnt.

3: That chemicals in the enviroment really are creating a "feminizing" effect on subsequent generations of males. As the male population gains a greater percent of those born as these pollutants have built up, the average size of men's penises is getting smaller. And the surveys really do reflect an average reduction in size.

What do you guys think?

P.S. -- one thing the story that i read didnt cover is whether, when these boys born with smaller penises hit puberty, the size of their adult penises are smaller than men not exposed to these chemicals. After all, who knows if the relative size of a guy's penis among newborns when he is born has any relation to the same guy's relative size among the adult me of his same generation. His own testosterone may make his penis grow to "normal" adult size? I dont know.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some older studies relied on just the word of the subjects.

My guess is there is less self-reporting in later studies. A monitor observing or taking the measurement will eliminate exaggeration.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
on a side not to this discussion, studies show that the female is actually more determinate in the sex of an offspring. In times of stress (familial,cultural,economic for example) female hormones greatly influence the number of males conceived. This is part of the flight or fight mechanism and thus by happenstance maintains a close balance to the general sex ratio of populations. Now though, with more industrial pollutants, both external and ingested, male chromosome [XY] carrying sperm are getting weaker. (they already are weaker than female [XX] sperm. This is causing a notable shift in the world-wide population to more females.

D_Brecock Evileye

Sexy Member
Media
I read once of a lake in Florida that was poisoned when a local Pestacide that plant had an accedental explotion. Many of the animals in the area suffered mutations and among them were the alligators whos penis had become to small to penatrate the females. I think this is most likely happening to man kind as well, much more slowly as we are not bathed in it. Being the one who caused it, I think that it is self inflicted. The penis might be the only thing man prizes as much as wealth. This could lead to better eco friendly behavior. That is the only positive I can think of.

D

deleted15807

Yes the site in the next generation will be 'The Shrunken Penis Support Group(S.P.S.G.)'.