Poor Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by houtx48, Jul 31, 2009.

1. houtx48

Gold Member

Town halls gone wild - Yahoo! New.
    If they would do their friggin job and stop playing politics this country would be better off and that goes for both parties. Now that the lobbyist own congress and the Whitehouse everybody is whining about the people they work for. what this country needs is leaders not paid for puppets.

2. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

I did not read the entire article but there are certainly a great many people angry with Congress. They feel they are not being fairly represented and they are correct. Congress always has and always will play politics. They will always play to the big money in order to stay in their cushy jobs and try to run for higher office to earn even more blind power. This will continue to get worse as people see corporate profits and commissions go up when they can't get a job. It is the same in every recession. Instead of companies finding ways to keep their people working, the first thing they think of is how much they will save by cutting benefits and then jobs. They make bigger profits, Wall Street gets rich, and we're still on the street. You are probably also seeing a rise in crime rates.

Many people feared that Obama would be useless as President because he makes too many consessions, he tries too hard to compromise and doing so we are left with bills and laws that are a watered-down mess of government bureaucracy and pork because everyone wants their way and, just like a bunch of school kids, when they don't, they turn up the volume to ridicule the other guy and make themselves points. A great example is the stimulus. By the time they got done with it, it stimulated very little but, damn, did they got tons of TV coverage!

Every member of the House and the Senate should be limited to 2 terms, just like the President. If they truly want to serve the people in public life them make them get out and find legitimate jobs, just like we have to. Oh, and while I am at it, when they leave Congress, let them get their own health insurance too!
    :smile:

3. cdunstan1

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with part of this but would like to point out that congress people are term limited. Every 2 years for the House and every 6 years for the Senate. Whether it's anger by the crazy "birthers" and sanctity of marriage hypocrites or people who are outraged that even Italy (which I love as a country but I lived there for 2 years, they do 2 things well, fuck and cook ) can provide everyone health care, it's great to see people po'd enough to get off their asses. Even tho I like my congress dude (with a name like weiner whats not to luv) Im voting against him next time if he doesn't get decent healthcare thru. May not like who runs aginst him but guess what. He's out of there in 2 years. If politicians realize that they aren't there for life, maybe the only people who run will really want to achieve something.

And until everyone in this country has a right to health insurance they can afford, why the fuck does it cum as perk for congress. Let them try to find and afford it on their own

4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Um, no. Not even close. :rolleyes:

5. cdunstan1

Gold Member

Albums:
    You miss my point. They're up for re-election every 2 or 6 yrs. If you don't get rid of them then they scare off the opposition and they're lifers. Unless Big Daddy gives the tart youve been sleeping with and kept on government payroll 100k (Ensign) or forced to hold an improptu presser in a public mens room (Larry ("I am so not gay" Craig).

6. lucky8

Gold Member

v for vendetta...it's the only answer...

...we need our own guy fawkes...or a V, pick your poison

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, I understood the point you were attempting quite well. You miss the thrust of my response.

8. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    well put ... a multi-party system is in order, but WILL NEVER happen sans a revolution.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And it won't happen if voices like yours lead the charge.

Draft saved Draft deleted