Pope says "SORRY"

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah i am sure that is all they needed to hear...
a genuine apology,how christian of him.
god bless the jesuits.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't think that such a gesture would heal me or give me closure.
Perhaps seeing him put in jail would, but it would mean having to relive the whole sordid thing in a public arena.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it reminds me of sinead o connor singing WAR on SNL.
her ripping the photo of the pope and getting boycotted for it.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Perhaps if he actually now dealth with the who-knows-how many pedophiles the church is active 'harboring' (or shuffling)...

then they 'might' feel some closure...

or freed up some of the countless millions of dolllards they 'shuffled' to protect them from just such lawsuits...

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The pope is a good and holy man... and it was certainly not the pope himself committing those unspeakable abominations... but those under him. Its honorable of him to humbly apologize to those victims and their families, regardless of how late you think it is for him to have done it, because it he who is accepting fault for said acts committed by the clergy subordinate to him. Remember, he is a relatively new pope and it is a lifetime office... so for someone still getting used to one of the most influential, demanding and important roles in global religion, he is doing a good job.

I mean, don't hate on the Pope...

can't we all just... make fun of Scientology? :p jk

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pope meets with victims of clergy sex abuse - Yahoo! News I can only how this gesture brings some sort of closure to the victims.

I know that for you and many others his apology means little to nothing. Yet, I can't help but wonder what would suffice? What would be a proper apology? Would a simple and sincere I'm sorry be enough for any victim of molestation, rape, or other violent crimes? I think it depends more on the nature of the victim than that of the perpetrator.

For the record, I do not approve of the acts of molestation and harassment that the Catholic church has hidden and by its silence condoned for all these years. Nor do I think the victims should be told to, "just get over it." As a victim of rape myself I also can't think of a dollar amount that would make me, 'forgive and forget'.

The pope is a good and holy man... and it was certainly not the pope himself committing those unspeakable abominations... but those under him. Its honorable of him to humbly apologize to those victims and their families, regardless of how late you think it is for him to have done it, because it he who is accepting fault for said acts committed by the clergy subordinate to him. Remember, he is a relatively new pope and it is a lifetime office... so for someone still getting used to one of the most influential, demanding and important roles in global religion, he is doing a good job.
I mean, don't hate on the Pope...
Hotrocker darlin' this is not your fight. There are many members here who have been molested by priests and other clergy. :frown1::mad: They are going to need to vent periodically and the Pope's visit is bound to stir up a lot of deep rooted, bad feelings. I say we let them. This is after all a support group.

can't we all just... make fun of Scientology? :p jk
Oh we will,:biggrin1: but this might take a while to blow over. :cool:

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Last time I checked; the pope didn't rape anyone. Obviously he represents the organisation that has members that does; but would you look down on the whole police forced based on one arsehole's abuse of power?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last time I checked; the pope didn't rape anyone. Obviously he represents the organisation that has members that does; but would you look down on the whole police forced based on one arsehole's abuse of power?
No, I wouldn't, but many people can and do.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
After the 2nd Vatican Council it became Canon Law to to keep any reports of sexual abuse secret. In 2000 the current Pope reminded the church that the reports should still be kept secret.

I am not now, nor would I ever accuse the Pope of sexually abusing anyone, but let's see if he backs up his words with action.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Like the closure from any sorta of leading Muslim cleric from the Middle East.. defintely not apples to oranges... but since we are taking the time to stomp on the balls of Catholics world-round.... let's at least take the "fair and balanced" measure on Moooslims....

Catholics the world over are killing ppl in the name of Il Papa... all infidels and the culture thereof must die...

not.
You never miss a chance, do you?