Pope's Aide calls UK "Third World"

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I found it distatsefully ironic to be lectured on the evils of secularism, in the week that we celebrated the halting of Nazism through the Battle of Britain, by a member of the Nazi Youth.

I found it distatsefully ironic to be lectured on the evils of secularism, in the week that we celebrated the halting of Nazism through the Battle of Britain, by a member of the Nazi Youth.
Agreed. I'm uncomfortable with him having been here - I'm not keen on any drift back to Rome. It's served us well being cut off from them (as with other Protestant countries). Odd being called a third world country, when staunch Catholicism has seemed to produce just that in many countries. :redface:

The fact that he was even allowed to be Pope is a deep stain on Roman Catholicism: period.
Yup. Altho...it was already kinda stained, imo. It just kinda fit well with the whole pattern.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Yes agreed. I'm very pleased he's gone home. He shouldn't have been invited. :mad:

It is a shame that Cameron et al did not use this STATE visit to discuss the Vatican State's refusal to co-operate with the UK's (and other countries') police forces to identify and prosecute paedophile priests who are still in post. Or to discuss the Vatican State's opposition to condoms and the resultant spread of HIV/AIDS and global poverty. There can be no irrational fetish that does more harm in our world than this doctrine, one totally incompatible with the Gospel of love proclaimed in the New Testament.