Poppers?

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
Have See It, Smell Someone Using It, What is the real deal with it? Can Someone Explain? :eek:

It is Good For You or Bad...

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Good idea, I was thinking in making a thread about sex and drugs.

I have used popper and it was awful, it gave me headache.

The guy (stereotypes rulez: he was the only man that ever gave me drug during sex and he was from Colombia) then said that he could not sleep.

Well, that's my experience.

My opinion: don't use it, if you want to take drugs then use the mouth, never the nose or the arms.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As a guy who had sex with a guy who ingested poppers before sex, I didn't like it because the guy's breath and mouth tasted like I just kissed an open bottle of nail polish remover. If you think that this is sexy, you guys can go for it. I don't like kissing guys who do poppers.

If someone out there is considering doing "poppers" (otherwise known as "video head cleaner" and "amyl nitrate"), don't do it. Inhalants kill. If you like brain damage and intermittent brain dysfunction and think that that's all worth it,--go ahead, sniff away to your nose's content.

But this is America. People are going to do what they want.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for that link, Lex. I've tried to point out some of these concepts on previous threads about poppers specifically, or recreational drugs in general. To set the record straight, poppers are nitrites, not nitrates. The general class of compounds is alkyl nitrites, which indicates an alkyl group with an attached nitrite. Alkyl group is is the general name for a simple carbon-hydrogen arrangement. A one-carbon group is a methyl group. The simplest alkane (or alkyl molecule) is methane, one carbon, 4 hydrogens. Subsitute a hydroxyl (oxygen-hydrogen) group for one of the hydrogens, and you get methyl alcohol. We are all more familiar with the next-simplest, the ethyl group. 2 carbons, 6 hydrogens. Ethane (gas), ethyl alcohol (ethanol, or grain alcohol, the one that gets you drunk). If you react one of the simple alcohols (methyl, ethyl, n-propyl, isopropyl, butyl, etc.) with a nitrite source (in the referenced example, sodium nitrite) and a sulfuric acid catalyst, you get your poppers plus sodium sulfate plus water. If your refinement process is not thorough, you still have traces of the sulfuric acid remaining.

These are fairly effective volatile solvents, but are not in widespread industrial use.

For those of you not familiar with the "Analog Act" referenced in the wikipedia article, it was passed in response to the whirlwind of "designer drugs" that came out in the 1980s. Prior drug laws in the US had to specify the chemical structure of a drug to make it illegal. Sly home drug-making chemists figured out that you can take one drug that is illegal, make a slight, non-bioactive change to the structure, and suddenly you have a drug with almost identical effects, but is not strictly "illegal." Making ecstasy became all the rage, because, simply stated, all you had to do was take an illegal amphetamine, add another methyl group, and you have a legal amphetamine. Lawmakers saw that they were fighting a losing battle, because home drug-labs were inventing these designer drugs faster than laws could be passed against them... so the law makes illegal any compound with a basic chemical structure, rather than regulating specific, complete structure. They applied this law to the alkyl nitrites in the same way. I'm sure it won't be long before the Analog Law is expanded to include "alkyl, aromatic, or other nitrites".

Mmmm, yummy... organic solvents to increase sexual pleasure... mmmm....

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
invisibleman said:
Sorry, for the misspelling. Nitrites. Nitrites. Nitrites. :smile: Got it. (Not, Ni-trate.:rolleyes: )
Haha, common mistake, I-man. I only stress the difference because nitrites and nitrates are completely different compounds. What a difference an O makes! LOL