popularity of the smartest members

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now that I think about it . This site has something in common with the real life . The smartest members are the least popular ones . Like in real life . Phil Ayesho and Just Asking have few members friends compared with many members that have a lot of friends . :confused:

Last edited:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now that I think about it this site has something in common with the real life . The smartest members are the least popular ones . Like in real life . Phil Ayesho and Just Asking have few members friends compared with many members that have a lot of friends . :confused:
Haha, yes, that is like real life. I am not that popular at parties, either. On the other hand, its an honor to have those particular people as LPSG friends.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha, yes, that is like real life. I am not that popular at parties, either. On the other hand, its an honor to have those particular people as LPSG friends.

That's really a shame . That show that most people don't apreciate quality conversations . :smile::smile::smile: You should be the most popular one on parties . In my case I really enjoy and appreciate quality discussions .

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now that I think about it . This site has something in common with the real life . The smartest members are the least popular ones . Like in real life . Phil Ayesho and Just Asking have few members friends compared with many members that have a lot of friends . :confused:

Well it's a site about big dicks so I don't think most folks here are looking for intelligence. At the same time I appreciate the smarter members here and would like more conversations with same. :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well it's a site about big dicks so I don't think most folks here are looking for intelligence. At the same time I appreciate the smarter members here and would like more conversations with same. :smile:
Ditto, I don't always agree with our more erudite members; but I usually learn from them. As Martha Stewart would say, "that's a good thing." :smile:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I'll disagree slightly, if you will allow me.

I think that there are some members here who are very intelligent, who can also carry themselves well socially. There are also members here, who are awkward and unable to be social.

I enjoy a good discussion/debate here and have participated in many. I wouldn't say I'm brilliant, but I'm hardly an idiot. It just depends on what kind of intelligence one has and what people are saying. I'd think that an "intelligent" person would be a well balanced one, who can converse with others on an intellectual level AND be silly with them.

Just_Asking may only have a few friends, but I've found some of his posts quite enjoyable to read in the past.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I'm waiting for Phil Ayesho to ask me formally.

I think that there may be a certain amount of being intimidated by members such as JA, which is silly because he is probably one of the most openly approachable people on the site. I asked him to be a friend because I respect him.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for your comments everyone. I accept every friends request that comes my way. I hadn't really noticed that my list was shorter than most, but it might partly be because I don't go out and solicit to be on other friend lists. I imagine there is a kind of reciprocity that happens with that.

Kotchanski has a point about social graces. I can't quite claim that for an excuse, however. IRL, I am popular enough in my circles. I am church council president, for example. Also, I started a hi-tech software company which has been struggling as all startups do. Having been manager of small and large software groups through lots of situations, I have a very large network of local colleagues. Most of these people have said that they would love to work for me with my present company if I could affford it, and many have volunteered advice and some consulting time for free.

I have even gotten homemade cookies from people whom I had to layoff when times were tough. It might be because I helped those people with their resumes and got them connected up with a number of recruiting agencies to which I sold them aggressively on the talents of these people.

People seem to want to follow me through hell sometimes if that is what it takes, because I treat my employees with respect and care.

Anyway, I come here for good discussion and not necessarily to make friends. However, there are plenty of people here who I would gladly hoist a few beers with anytime, whether they are on my friends list or not.

I do hope I don't intimidate people. I have a tendencty to be very aggressive against intellectual dishonesty and I can be quite sharp with that sort of thing. Otherwise, you have probably seen that it is impossible to offend me personally. This is an Internet forum, after all. You have to have a thick skin and you certainly can't let it become the dominant factor in your social life.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think one of the things that drives intelligence is the willingness to sit back and watch what is going on before commenting on it. I believe that the smarter group gathers information before jumping into a thread here. And it may be that they are also less prone to take extreme positions in response to the many posts here. This makes them less likely to forge a relationship here that is based on an enthusiastic embrace of some passionate issue. In other words, the smartest members may not appear to be on the "my side" of other members' issues. And even though they may have the respect of others, all this can sometimes make the more intelligent members seem distant....and somewhat unapproachable.

D

deleted3782

On the other hand, its heartening to witness how a big dick can compensate for a lack of social graces (and/or intelligence) on this site.

I think everyone has their secret weapon...some just don't know what their secret weapon is...yet.

D_dollar a week

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The man above me is an exception to the rule.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1. I don't see the why anyone would use the friends list

2. I don't get the rating for smartest

3. Maybe there is truth to the saying "no one like a smart ass", but a little ass would do from time to time.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll disagree slightly, if you will allow me.

I think that there are some members here who are very intelligent, who can also carry themselves well socially. There are also members here, who are awkward and unable to be social.

I enjoy a good discussion/debate here and have participated in many. I wouldn't say I'm brilliant, but I'm hardly an idiot. It just depends on what kind of intelligence one has and what people are saying. I'd think that an "intelligent" person would be a well balanced one, who can converse with others on an intellectual level AND be silly with them.

Just_Asking may only have a few friends, but I've found some of his posts quite enjoyable to read in the past.
Some intelligent members could be awkward and unable to be social but I don't think that this is the case with Just Asking and Phil Ayesho. Both seem very open and cool persons. In real life very intelligent people aren't popular enough because most of them have a trait in common . Most are very introvert people . The reason on the site could be like others said , that most members don't come here with quality discussions in mind most of the time .

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I happen to think that Just Asking is one of the most enlightened and gracious posters here on the board. There may be many reasons he or Phil dont have as many friends on their list but I dont think it has to do with their personal intelligence. I know that right now I have two people in my friend request hopper that my computer will not allow me to ok.. So if you two lovely people see this, dont think it is a personal thing. It is a glitch thing !

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I happen to think that Just Asking is one of the most enlightened and gracious posters here on the board. There may be many reasons he or Phil dont have as many friends on their list but I dont think it has to do with their personal intelligence. I know that right now I have two people in my friend request hopper that my computer will not allow me to ok.. So if you two lovely people see this, dont think it is a personal thing. It is a glitch thing !
I would like to be in your friend list do you mind ?:smile:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Are you sure you have checked the box in the avatar, naughty? A couple of times I've frantically clicked 'Accept' over and over again wondering what was wrong with the bloody thing - only to realise I had not checked the box to select the person. You'll know because the avatar will go from greyed over to fully visible.

Just a thought :smile:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

it has nothing to do with intelligence so much as it has to do with how they talk down to other peoples.