Posing nude in youth -- a rite of passage?

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I think there may be an element of rebellion, an interest in getting approval/acceptance, a dose of bravado and machismo, and maybe even some peer pressure. When I was a kid [back in the eighteenth century], there was no internet to show off to...though I did find ways to show off. I think the element of anonymity of the internet makes it a lot safer than it used to be.

How many guys would think its cool to hear another guy tell them "Hey, you have an awesome body/dick". Some of us never age out of that...:cool:

I think it's true that there is an element of rebellion. This is exactly what Dave LaChappelle said about his nude pictures of Eminem. Someone asked him if they were "homoerotic" pictures. He said, "Why is it that whenever a guy takes his clothes off it is homoerotic? I don't buy that it's homoerotic. Sometimes being nude is just about rebelling against society."

I think that's a big part of what it was for me. It was rebellion, and I think also a need to declare who my body belonged to. I think this is why a lot of young guys get naked.

One thing thing that fascinates me is that it seems that in this "nude rebellion" the need to have a big dick goes out the window. It seems that there are some guys who don't care how skinny they are, how small their dicks are, how big their dicks are, etc. -- they just want to show what they have, no matter WHAT they have.

Attachments

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
people have been naked for many years but if you have ever been on the beach in st tropez there might be a time to stop............ but what ever nobody getting hurt..lol

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One thing thing that fascinates me is that it seems that in this "nude rebellion" the need to have a big dick goes out the window. It seems that there are some guys who don't care how skinny they are, how small their dicks are, how big their dicks are, etc. -- they just want to show what they have, no matter WHAT they have.
I have noticed this as well. It's often visually disturbing.

Stingy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why would seeing a naked person be disturbing?

There is nothing more beautiful than a human body, with all the differences you might encounter...

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you are around people that never tell you that you are good looking then you won't know. It's just like if no one tells you that you are a good worker, then you have no idea. It's all about feedback. Some people are not great but their parents always told them they were, so now they have high self-esteem.

I can understand what Jovial is saying here but at the same time I think it helps a lot if a person has relationships in high school because then your g/f or b/f gives you a lot of feedback. I know I obviously appreciate compliments and positive strokes from people I love. It just means so much more.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i dunno bruddah. all i can speak for is myself, yah? i love being naked. i was raised in that there is nothing wrong or sexual about the human body, yah? i go skinny dipping with my friends, get changed in front of anyone, and, obviously, taken naked pictures. i just wish more peoples were raised knowing that there's nothing wrong, or sexual, about naked bodies

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i dunno bruddah. all i can speak for is myself, yah? i love being naked. i was raised in that there is nothing wrong or sexual about the human body, yah? i go skinny dipping with my friends, get changed in front of anyone, and, obviously, taken naked pictures. i just wish more peoples were raised knowing that there's nothing wrong, or sexual, about naked bodies

Absolutely. Nothing wrong with the naked form at all! It's why I love going to the local nude beach. It's not all about the sex but it is sexy.:biggrin1:

bistudoc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's simple. Guys want naked pics from women and sometimes the only way to get them is to give up one of your own...

The funny thing is that these are the same guys that towel change in a locker room because they don't want anyone to see their junk.

There is a bit of a contradiction.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
It's simple. Guys want naked pics from women and sometimes the only way to get them is to give up one of your own...

The funny thing is that these are the same guys that towel change in a locker room because they don't want anyone to see their junk.

There is a bit of a contradiction.

Actually, this is exactly what makes this forum so interesting. This current generation is pretty shy about the body. But on this forum they show their cocks to anyone. I suppose the Internet allow for anonymity you can't find elsewhere.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media

I love your vocabulary, "bruddah." :biggrin1:

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Actually, this is exactly what makes this forum so interesting. This current generation is pretty shy about the body. But on this forum they show their cocks to anyone. I suppose the Internet allow for anonymity you can't find elsewhere.

bingo! most of us young bucks were raised at a time where there's no showering etc going on in middle and high school gyms that would have taken care of some of the questions long ago.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
bingo! most of us young bucks were raised at a time where there's no showering etc going on in middle and high school gyms that would have taken care of some of the questions long ago.

I'm so intrigued by the current generation. On one hand, they're more liberated, on the other hand more oppressed.

D

deleted296010

A friend of mine appeared in Playgirl in the late 70s/early 80s in one of the magazine's college issues. He said he did for all the reasons that an earlier poster cited -- bravado/machismo, rebellion, vanity, excitement etc.

He said that he regretting signing the release almost immediately after he did so.

Periodically, he said he does get recognized (more so by gay men than straight women). While he is a well respected professional, most of his friends and colleagues know about his appearance in Playgirl and won't let him forget it.

He said that he enjoyed the experience almost 30 years ago. Even today, he said many of his friends and colleagues question him about the photo shoot and spread. However, he also wonders if the same friends and colleagues think less of him, especially professionally.

He also said it was awkward to explain to his children why there are photographs of their father naked floating around the Internet. His sons are sort of embarrassed and sort of proud of him, his daughters are totally grossed out. He said he wonders how he will explain the photos to his grandchildren

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wonder, is this nudity during these years a rite of passage or something? I remember being that age and just feeling like I couldn't show my naked body to enough people! lol :biggrin1:

I entered a phase in mid-late teens where I began to indulge in more exhibitionism than I had previously. I never posed for any art classes or photography but I did take advantage of even the slightest opportunity to get naked and show off a bit whenever possible.