Positions for entering the fornix

D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe

Account Disabled
Media
Hello all,

I tagged one of our local experts with a question on this subject via PM and we decided it would make a better public thread. It's probably been discussed many times, but think of this as a short cut to digging through the search results.

My original question was:
What positions work best for clearing the cervix and heading into the posterior fornix? My guess is anything that helps the penis glide along the posterior wall of the vagina [the butt side as opposed to the belly side], but I figure you would have concrete suggestions.

Ladies and gentlemen, what works for y'all?

SL

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my experience it's going to vary from woman to woman. Vaginas may have general structural principles in common, but there are many variations from woman to woman, and at differing stages of arousal. Some have cervix positions quite deep, others shallow. Sometimes the uterus moves to a different position during arousal, changing the curvature and length of the vagina. The same with knees up to chest. The anatomy changes internally.

Done right for that particular partner's preferences it can be fantastic. However it can be a no go zone for some. They may not find it pleasurable at all, as it's a very vulnerable position. Injury can occur, so it requires a level of shared trust. Handle with care.

Last edited:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my experience it's going to vary from woman to woman. Vaginas may have general structural principles in common, but there are many variations from woman to woman, and at differing stages of arousal. Some have cervix positions quite deep, others shallow. Sometimes the uterus moves to a different position during arousal, changing the curvature and length of the vagina. The same with knees up to chest. The anatomy changes internally.

Done right for that particular partner's preferences it can be fantastic. However it can be a no go zone for some. They may not find it pleasurable at all, as it's a very vulnerable position. Injury can occur, so it requires a level of shared trust. Handle with care.
Couldn't be said better. Rawbone, you're a sex guru extraordinaire. You should write a sexy science book.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would imagine a majority of women would have the cervix at about the 12 o'clock position and 2/3s or 3/4 of the way from introitus to posterior fornix (fully stretched) like this:

http://www.self-help-sexuality.com/images/cervix.gif

So, I would imagine any position where the angle of entry is on the high side so the glans points more towards her but ass opposed to her belly button would do the trick.

Having said all that, and given this matter some thought, I think the thing that's more important than clearing the cervix, is clearing the cervix and *staying* clear through the strokes. After all, even if you meet the cervix somewhat head on and push slowly and gently enough, it will slide out of the way.

The key is sliding past it and not pulling away from it on the outstroke, if that makes sense. The term "nudgefucking" is what I'm talking about. as long as the cockhead goes from deep to deepest it's all good.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My guess is anything that helps the penis glide along the posterior wall of the vagina [the butt side as opposed to the belly side], but I figure you would have concrete suggestions.
This has been the case in my experience, but no 'position' in the general sex terminology really answers the question because the key is in the relative angles of entry. A very tall man might have a different angle of entry while performing doggy than a shorter man.

Positions with easily variable entry angles, like most missionary or cowgirl positions offer the opportunity to adjust penetration in order to maximize the likelihood that the fornix is reached. That said, you're going to have to tinker with those angles, not just wail away and hope something slips through.

Happy experimenting!

ctguy784

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yea ive thought about this but my girl cant handle doggy and my dick curves upward. rules of physics dont apply in there :eek13:

D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe

Account Disabled
Media
Thank you for all the answers so far. It's so good to have a knowledge pool this deep.

I think you all have hit on an obvious point that I haven't been been giving enough relevance. To quote RawDog "I think the thing that's more important than clearing the cervix, is clearing the cervix and *staying* clear through the strokes" and L_egit "you're going to have to tinker with those angles, not just wail away and hope something slips through".

I think that has been the issue more than anything. I'm conscious of this, but as rawbone8's guidance about the interior arrangement changing with arousal is true, the target is moving. If I go clear into the fornix even 19 out of 20 strokes, that means I'm still giving her a good bump 5% of the time and that's not good. Rawdog's advice about riding high jives with anatomy and I like the idea of "nudge fucking".

Thanks and keep the answers coming.

SL

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rawbone's experience is exactly the same as mine. Women vary considerably in their internal anatomy. This includes the angle and depth at which the cervix projects into the vaginal canal, and the depth of the posterior fornix.

There is a notion on this board that all women can be depicted by some standardized anatomical diagram, and that all of them have this magical "pouch" at the end of their vaginal vault that can be easily accessed when the cervix is drawn anteriorly out of the vaginal canal during arousal, to which I say bullshit.

For some women, that is true, but in others the cervix projects nearly end-on into the vagina near the end of the vaginal canal and the fornices are very short. In some women it is simply not possible to "glide past the cervix" into the posterior fornix and attempts to do so are perceived as distinctly uncomfortable.

As for those women who do enjoy deep vaginal stimulation in the area of the posterior fornix, I suspect the optimal position is going to depend of the guy's length and shape and the woman's particular anatomy as much as the position used, and the optimal position will vary with each couple.