Possible Housing Scam...Need Your Thoughts

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you are after a place to live, and this guy is out of town/country. Then he needs to have a realtor rent his house or handle the affairs. Contact him about that and see where it goes ?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes it is a scam. I've heard of it before. They send you a large check. Your bank cashes it. You send them the money and then you owe the bank the money when the check is no good.

I saw this scam on either Dateline NBC or 60 Minutes.

B_Cegro27

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, I've seen this sort of thing of news shows. It's interesting how they say these people can't be caught, and even when they are caught, they serve their time, and then go right back to doing the same thing.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Looking at your pics again makes me feel like offering you a place to live, but, alas, I am a long way from 'Lanna.:smile:

Glad you did not go for the scam.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
scam for sure. A) if he wanted to be professional about it, he would have used better grammar. B)why is HE paying you? C)no P.O. Box? probably because he is going to commit fraud under your name, and D)these kind of scams have been all over the news lately...dude probably doesn't even live in America

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I've seen this sort of thing of news shows. It's interesting how they say these people can't be caught, and even when they are caught, they serve their time, and then go right back to doing the same thing.

Personally I think the con artists do not get a harsh enough sentence to deter them from the crime.