• Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet.

Possible Rollback and what it means.

Do you want us to Roll Back and Lose Everything from Nov 30th to Today?

• Yes. Let's go back.

Votes: 1,371 33.8%
  • No. Let's not go back.

Votes: 2,687 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LPSG

Staff
Owner
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Everyone,

One thing I try to do as the owner of the site is listening to the feedback I get from you. I may not always reply but I’m always listening and reading your feedback. Positive or negative and everything in between, your feedback helps me make LPSG the best site I can. Which as many of you know has always been my goal since March 2019 when I assumed ownership. That’s why I’m sharing this with you now and asking for your help and support.

The hard truth is that this upgrade has been an unmitigated disaster. In fairness to all of the LPSG Staff, we worked tirelessly to prepare for it as much as we could. Sadly, due to the size of the site, there was only so much testing we could do. That meant we had to rely heavily on the company that was helping us upgrade. They were in charge of the design, functionality, and look of the upgrade.

I now know this was clearly a mistake. No outsider understands LPSG. You have to be an LPSGer to truly understand LPSG and how it works. That’s why we are at this crossroads now.

Over the last 3 weeks, we’ve listened to all of the issues you all have been so kind to share and fixed many of them. Unfortunately, we have encountered some very big safari issues. The site simply does not run properly on safari on a mobile device. And now the company we have been working with is off until January so we can’t get that fixed at this time. This is a huge problem for me.

Today we’ve made the decision to begin the process of rolling back to the previous LPSG version. This rollback will not come without a huge cost.

In order to roll back, everything has to go back to Nov 30th when the upgrade took place. That means:
- Everything from Nov 30th until today will be erased and lost.
- All posts from Nov 30th until today will be lost.
- All conversations from Nov 30th until today will be lost.
- Every change or update to your account from Nov 30th until today will be lost.

Rolling back means we hop in a time machine and go back to the old LPSG that we left behind on Nov 30th and start over from there. Like it never happened. It solves the problem for those who are not enjoying this new version but it comes at the cost of everything that has happened here in December.

We were upgrading in order to bring new features to LPSG. Features like Dark Mode, changing your own username, Safe for work mode, integrated new video chat, reactions etc.

Being on the new backend allows us to grow LPSG. Going back to the old system puts us in a position where we can only maintain LPSG but not grow or bring on new features.

Please let us know what you think of this. Let me know if you have any questions. Let me know if any of this changes your mind.

Thank you for being here. Thank you for reading this and thank you for being patient and understanding. It means more to me than you know.
Mr. LPSG

UPDATE:::
The response to this thread has been incredible. Very positive and very encouraging. I think we are going to power forward and try to bang out every issue for you and make this version of LPSG so good you never even wonder about the old version!

Last edited:

Mr. LPSG

Staff
Owner
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know that is a long message.

Just to be clear we are in the process of mapping out what a rollback would look like and making sure the risk of doing so is minimal. There is always a risk that data can be lost and can't be recovered. Our job is to figure out if we can do this with the least risk possible.

bigboaster

Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I know. Mind letting me know which device you are on?

I don't think any of the votes to move forward on this will be safari on mobile users.
Using an android phone myself 90% of the time and having minimal issues.

10% I am using pc (Windows 10) and the site runs smoothly on that as well.

Mr. LPSG

Staff
Owner
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Using an android phone myself 90% of the time and having minimal issues.

10% I am using pc (Windows 10) and the site runs smoothly on that as well.
I have found that for all non-safari mobile users the site runs generally fine. The issue is that more than 50% of our users are on Safari on a mobile and for them it's a terrible experience :(

englad

Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't do it. Honestly, people can be very stubbornly resistant to change. I've seen this at workplaces in the past, where the employees decided not to go for a swanky new office with a gorgeous view because they'd need an extra 10 minutes of commuting.

It's all teething troubles, yes, some things could be upgraded with the new layout, but it's far better than the old one. Plus I'm sure I'll have dark mode withdrawal, love that new feature.

Misterguy5

Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think this is a mistake. Sure there are kinks to be worked out, but it’s clear a lot investment was put into this with the goal of making things better in time.

i also suspect that, unfortunately, the negative voices sound the loudest. I for one was looking forward to the improvements to come and was willing to give it time to be realized.

I hope you change your mind

Hungus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's a seriously bad business and technical decision to revert the site back to it's previous version. The new upgrades have modernised LPSG and that's a good thing and it's going to create more opportunities for the site to grow and expand.

Mr. LPSG

Staff
Owner
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks Mr. LPSG - so if we go back then no way for a Video Chat...
The video chat will be on a separate site that we'd link to and not integrated into the site.

Make no mistake video chat is happening. We've spent a lot of money developing it so it is coming.

Itsmeandyou

Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Mr. LPSG:

I have a question (possible suggestion). I realize that you are going to do a rollback which I believe is in everyone’s best interests.

Moving forward, why can’t the company that you are working with MIMICK what original version looked and acted like but taking in the requirements that you believe to be necessary to continue growing?

My belief is they tried to make it similar to the platform of something like Facebook but in all honesty it should look and feel as much like the original LPSG as possible.

Just my opinion as a fairly long term member.

Thanks for your consideration !!

Bythe way iPhone 13 pro max user.

unstr8boy

Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rolling back would be absolute nonsense even with the issues–with growth comes discomfort.

Safari users will have to find a new way to access it, there are many sites I can't access on various devices, this is commonplace.

Invest your resources in developing an app. My goodness, do not admit defeat, what would your next step be? You've made a decision, maybe it wasn't the right one but it's done, focus efforts on refining the new site.

(Also I am not a fan of the new site but am certainly not supportive of rolling back.)

Status
Not open for further replies.