Possible solution?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I hear ya, NS. I'm not talking about general TOS violations. I'm specifically talking about disruptive members.
In other words, how to decide who's a troll or not?
That is the 270,000,000.00 question!

- - - -Weeks? Try months! His first five posts were a clue.:rolleyes:
But a reporting TALLY system would give us members a little bit of power.
Not a good thing for many reasons but mainly because of what tripod said.
Lafever was extremely out of control for literally weeks. A reporting system would have gotten rid of him ages ago.
I agree 110%. However the argument could be made that lafever having admitted to issues with mental illness was not in control of his actions. Therefore on some level banning him could be seen as wrong.:redface:

I agree, but that just invites 25 trolls to form a union and get good members banned... not that trolls generally work well together, but it has happened around here before...
Excellent point I think thats why the ratings were disabled at the top of the threads.

To me this is not a feasable idea, There are definately cliques here and I have seen on quite a few occassions when the high and mighty here have all jumped on one poster because they dare disagree with one or more member of a particular clique. So the method you are suggesting would then be used for a turf war instead of doing any good.

I do think that the moderating team has been laid back and let the members resolve the issues amongst themselves, that is why the decision to hand out so many temporary suspensions seemed too harsh. IMO, a little more involvement from the moderating team on a daily basis would go a long way. They should have intervened before things got this far. JMHO.

This is just my opinion and only my opinion but the banning of BigDirigible last summer was thought by many to be hasty and without reason or justification. After that incident and the subsequent turmoil the mods were reluctant at best to ban anyone other than those underage for weeks and weeks. It was during this time that lafever as well as a few others joined the site.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here is my suggestions,
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.
Do not respond to their threads.
Do not respond to their post.
Use the ignore button.

Simple but I think it would work.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
as easy as a "troll" can send a nasty PM, you can just as easily IGNORE IT... people like "trolls" thrive off the attention and the arguing, they want to piss you off and make you write them 3 paragraph responses defending yourself ect ect.. just ignore.. makes them so frustrated they will eventually leave..

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have never had to use the ignore button. I simply do not reply or comment on postings that were clearly crafted to annoy or inspire a ferocious response. I have always found that the best way to deal with ridiculous people is to simply ignore them...they do go away when you don't pay attention to them. To engage in conversation, discussion or debate with these people is an absolute waste of time...they do not want a free, even-handed exchange...they simply want to annoy. I, for the life of me, will never understand what motivates them, but I am perfectly willing to let them live in their own hell. They inhabit a world that I don't recognize or intend to inhabit. Hmmm...maybe it's because I live in New York. If you paid attention to every nut here, you'd become one yourself.

Let's just hope that LPSG can get it's footing back and become the great place it was just a short time ago.