Post Circumcision Tips

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It,s a shame the anti circ folks feel a need to pollute this thread. This is about an adult choosing to get cut.
Adult circ is not some sacred cow. It's "cosmetic" surgery or body mod for god's sake. If I think it's a bad idea, I'll say so. You'll have to grow a little thicker skin Sir Twice Concis.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Adult circ is not some sacred cow. It's "cosmetic" surgery or body mod for god's sake. If I think it's a bad idea, I'll say so. You'll have to grow a little thicker skin Sir Twice Concis.

No.

I think its because you guys ALWAYS use the argument "His Body...His Choice" And when a GROWN ADULT MALE chooses now you want to come in here with your anti-circ BS. No you dont get to have it both ways. For once try and be supportive of another's choice. You chose to restore didnt you? And everyone in the world is happy for you that you actually enjoy your penis. Be happy for someone else!

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Guys, please remember that this was the OP:
Ive decided to get circumcised, its actually tomorrow morning.

Just wondered if anyone has any tips to speed up recovery and if anyone has any experiences.

Thanks
:smile:

NO anti-circumcision posts please!

Try to stay on topic.

S

SirConcis

To the OP:

Congrats on your circumcision. Unless your doctor prescribed any ointments, I would stay away from them for the first week, except for some antisceptic creams like polysporin (or neosporin which is more oily). These will help keep the bandage from becoming part of the scar (makes it easier to change bandage without tearing the fragile scab - the real work happens under the scab, remove scab, and it needs to start again).

Vitamin-E is good, but only after the scar has closed. Apparently it reduces formation of the scar, but initially, you really want the scar tissue to form.

If there is much swelling after your have removed the bandage permanently, you may consider a small "elastic" bandage to keep some pressure on penis to help reduce swelling. (I used some lycra fabric and safety pins, it was quite comfortable and just tight enough to reduce swelling. It also protected scar/stitches from rubbing against underwear.)

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Be careful with Vitamin E though...some people get a negative reaction to this and can develop dermatitis. Additionally, the jury is still out on such methods, heck mederma was found to be a fraud of a product. I would consult with your doctor before trying anything of the sort. Even better would be to consult a dermatologist.