Post Hook-up Protocol

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SO - you hook up with someone from a club, or perhaps you had flirted for awhile, perhaps you had mutual friends who thought you would make a great couple. And you did make a fantastic couple...for a night, a couple weeks, a couple months, perhaps longer. But it was not meant to be and so you were not together and had very little invested emotionally.
It was what it was: a nice hook-up, something that made sense at the time.
Fast forward a week or two, months, years even and you run into a former hook-up be it in a bar or club or somewhere more random like the market or a bookstore or even walking on the street somewhere.
Maybe they/you are alone. Maybe one of you is with friends or your new hook-up of the moment, maybe even spouse or significant other.

What protocol do you follow when seeing someone you hooked up with once, or a few times? Do you see them first and try to hide and if spotted make a lame excuse? If you are not spotted and are able to escape undetected, do you do so? Do you see them first and approach them amiably for a bit of useless chit chat and bid one another Ciao? If they see you and approach you, what do you do? Behave graciously and go about your day/evening?
I am curious to hear from everyone regardless of sexual orientation or preference.
I regularly run into women I have hooked up with and while I do not care to hook up with them again, I am pleasant and smile and inquire as to how they are - even if they are with a new husband or their friends. (Previous stalkers are usually mindful of the restraining orders).
So - while each situation is different and the compunded variables could make this a five thousand thread post, what is your modus operundi in such situations? Thanks!

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hotmilf....point well taken. : ) but how could I have known that so many attractive and randy heiresses would fall into such a category? lol. "NOTE TO SELF: attractive, randy heiresses have always fallen into that category. Do not hook up with them anymore.". Crap. I hope I remember that when the next one shows up.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I make a point to be polite and chat with them. To do anything less implies thatyou did something shameful. Why behave like there's acrimony between you, when there is none. If you run into someone you knew socially, and not sexually, you'd probably say a few polite words. Why should a former intimate be treated with less courtesy?

Magicgayboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, I'm chatting with one of them right now on MSN :tongue:

I think one should be polite and let the circumstance dictate the behaviour.