Post hookup attitudes

golf_beast19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So, I've always wondered how people acted towards one another if they happen to see each other the day after a NSA hookup. Especially in college, I can't imagine seeing someone I had sex with constantly and it not be an awkward interaction. Anyone have this trouble?

D_22

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So, I've always wondered how people acted towards one another if they happen to see each other the day after a NSA hookup. Especially in college, I can't imagine seeing someone I had sex with constantly and it not be an awkward interaction. Anyone have this trouble?

I've messed around with people in my school, guys and girls, and it's never been weird. Things just go back to normal as if we were talking as friends, most people not ever suspecting anything happened.

BDHB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it's as awkward as you make it! But, then again, I'm guilty of laughing in awkward moments which usually lets me shake it off very easily, and sometimes makes it worse for the other party involved. Just be the one to initiate conversation first if you're stuck in a smaller space with them in public. A very neutral "hey, long time no chat!" works well.

vej33

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a firm believer that sex doesn't have to make things awkward, I think I am the kind of social being comfortable enough with myself and others to call it what it is and not let it get in the way of other things.

that being said, i've experienced the spectrum of awkwardness lol but it was always with the same guy, this dude i hooked up with while my current boyfriend and i had broken up. i was in such a messed up place emotionally that i don't think i could even feel awkward if i wanted to. but it would happen that after we hooked up, he'd go like a week without talking to me, and that just didn't work for me. eventually i started to dislike him as a person, which made the SEX awkward for me, so i started to ween off him. he wasn't that good anyway. but he's the kind of guy that has to be in control with the last word. insecure.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I try to have sex with friends, so after we have sex, we go back to being friends, and it's no big deal running into them. I haven't had sex with people I didn't know just for exercise and a pair of orgasms since high school.

D_Sal_Manilla

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
once i saw this guy again after a hook up a week later. he got mad when i didn't remember his name and because i gave him a fake name in the first place. lol

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you to acknowledge someone after you've had sex with them?

Just seems weird if you have arent friends or have any meaningful contact afterwards

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
I've had two one night stands (my first two, both times the sex was terrible) since starting college and have seen both guys at parties since. Upon seeing them, one guys avoided and ignored me all night. I think of him as 'The one minute dud' and I'm sure his lackluster performance had a lot to do with him not acknowledging me. Which was fine with me, honestly, he was doing me a favor. The other guy has hit on me at just about every party I've him seen at. He's not a bad guy but a really selfish lover. I may have taken the time to teach him a few things but it's a case of me not being all that attracted to him. The one time we did hook up I was really drunk and looking through beer goggles. The last time we saw each other and he was being a pest I told him it was never going to happen again. Haven't seen either of them in months. It was a little awkward but since I wasn't emotionally attached to either of them it didn't seem to bother me all that much. I think if I was with my current boyfriend and I saw them I'd feel a bit more uncomfortable, but mostly because I'd be fearing they'd say something inappropriate and it would cause friction between me and the bf.

D_22

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Do you to acknowledge someone after you've had sex with them?

Just seems weird if you have arent friends or have any meaningful contact afterwards

I don't see why you can't acknowledge them. A slight hello or small casual conversation seeing how they are if you bump into them. It doesn't need to be this weirdly awkward thing.

adec

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I try to have sex with friends, so after we have sex, we go back to being friends, and it's no big deal running into them. I haven't had sex with people I didn't know just for exercise and a pair of orgasms since high school.

Why aren't we friends?