Post-op circumcision penis pain

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by penisprobs, Mar 3, 2009.

1. penisprobs

penisprobs New Member

(some alliteration in the title there ;) )

Ok, had my circ done yesterday (yay - after all this time and worry).

Bit of background; had a frenuloplasty in december which was meant to solve the tight foreskin but didn't. So went to another surgeon and finally did the circ. The head of my penis looks really good. I am happy with it.

My questions are regarding post-op pain...

Night time erections. OH MY GOD.

I didn't realise I had so many of these b******! They are so painful. And they don't dissipate for about 30 seconds. What's worse is that when erect the head of the penis touches the garment which makes the feeling about twice as bad. Any tips on how to get around this?

Dressing/Gauze around penis:

When do I take this off? My surgeon told me I could have a shower the next day (today), so was thinking I could take it off and get in a bath. Having browsed the net, it seems others have been told to leave it on for 48 hours-4 days and shower with a condom :confused:

I also read that the dressing provides support to the penis and the stitches. I don't want to take it off early and risk bleeding though. Any helpful advice?

I haven't had much bleeding at all apart from around 2 hours post-op by the way and have been peeing cleanly (better than with foreskin).

The night-time erections though - I hate them. It's like I really don't want to fall asleep.

2. Ric1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Do as your stugeon instructed if unclear give him a call to clafiry it. I had no problems with night erections mine was spontency erections (too many pretty bar staff didn't help matters much) but good thing after a couple of days it gets better so just be patient.

3. penisprobs

penisprobs New Member

I took it off the next day and it came off quite easily Still though I am in bad pain.

I am currently taking co-dydramol and ibuprofen. These are just about to run out and i'll need something else. They don't help that greatly in the first place.

I have pain in my shaft lower down towards where the shaft ends. it's very sensitive. anyone else experience this?

my **** actually smells different (and worse) to the other day. worried it might be an infection...there seems to be a clear liquid oozing very very slightly at the scar line. could that be from this morning's bath?

my erections are too painful. seriously, i have managed 6 hours sleep in three nights. i slept this morning and woke, then an erection came on sharply. i actually felt the stitches pop or something. pain was unbearable. can i get anything to put on stitches (cream)?

i have applied vaseline on the scarline and the head just the once (after a bath). about 3 hours later my glans were inflamed and so hot - my shaft was even more sensitive.

i don't know what to use to wrap my penis. i just have swabs. they dont protect enough, especially from the sensitivity to the scarline of the glans

help :frown1:

4. camchain

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    why didn't the doctor tell you or give you some bromide? this was given to the solders in the war to stop them getting an erection.
    just thought it was worth a mention. good luck with it.

5. Ric1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's now a special order product and can take up to six weeks to be ordered in.(Dispencer in a pharmacy so I know)

6. tiahuaca

tiahuaca New Member

It is easy, buddy.
    With plastic tape you can hold the cock skin against excessive stretching while you get a night erection.
    You have to prepare plastic tape about 10-12 cm length (depend on your semi hard cock's length), put the tip of that tape on your cockhead and the other tip on your cockbase .....you need 3 pieces tape .....on 12 oclock, 04 oclock, 08 oclock (do you know what I mean ?) or about every 120 degree of your dick's circumference ..... so even you get an erection your cock can not grow so much bigger ...it can prevent bleeding and let your wound get a faster recovery.
    Good luck.

7. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    Vicoden or endocet.

8. Grit

Grit Member

Try an ice pak... put some crushed ice in a sandwich bag and wrap it in a small towel... then apply it. You may think it is too late after the erection has occurred and woke you up but it will help if the pain is as unbearable as you say.

9. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    this is like a car wreck, i can't stop reading the posts in this thread, somebody STOP ME

10. MickeyLee

Gold Member

read this please - Aftercare

you put vaseline on an open wound? no no no no!!!!

did your surgeon give you an aftercare sheet, something like wound cleaning instructions and maybe a topical triple anti-biotic? were you prescribed antibiotics to take orally?

you shouldn't have gotten your newly snipped peen wet. no washing for the first 24 hours. a quick rinse with mild soap and water.

you shouldn't have unwrapped the dressing. it's called a compression wrap, the purpose to prevent swelling and fluid *lymph or blood* from pooling around the wound. most docs will tell you to leave it on for two days.

call you doctor right now. sign off the interweb and pick up the phone. ask the answering service to page the doctor on call and follow his/her instructions. if you have a low grade fever go to urgent care now.

for the midnight wood problem - this all should have been on your aftercare sheet - sleep on your side in the fetal position. no fluids before bed and make sure you void your bladder before you go to sleep.

if you insist on not seeking medical treatment do this - flush the wound with sterile saline solution. apply a thin layer of triple-antibiotic and a clean, sterile bandage.

ml
    there is no stupidity clause that will get you a new penis when this one falls off.

#10 MickeyLee, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  11. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your post operative condition does not sound right! All I needed was antibiotic petroleum and one or two tylenols and by the second day there was no real pain, no erection discomfort. I suspect you must have an infection to cause such lingering pain! I even had to get some little bits of foreskin shaved off with a local the next week, but had nothing like the pain you are experiencing! I think you should be telling your surgeon what you are telling us! I will say though that there was minor discomfort in the incision area for several months..enough to keep me from wanting to fuck!

#11 basque9, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
    Allan S. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted