Post Potter-um Depression

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I must admit that im pretty sad that its over as well... :\ re reading the books now lol

Ugh, I wish I had to rewatch all of the movies tonight! But I don't. I think i'm going to have to reread all the books too. It's just going to take forever! I remember when each one came out, I finished them in a matter of a day or two. I don't have that kind of free time anymore.

PS Where's your cam?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow have I been busy! I remember when it all started but I just never got involved with any of it. I was just telling someone yesterday I have not read any of the books or seen any of the films. Maybe now is a good time to start and see what all the fuss has been about.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would like to know how much magic one must learn in order to create food. Harry is going to battle the big powerful wizard. Yet, he and his friends are like so hungry they all eat up a snack once they finally have one given to them. If I was Harry I would have used my wand and made some ice-cream.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i know. the theory was: there was a group of ghost writers. they decided it would make a good story that a woman rose from poverty and wrote books. making/taking notes on napkins, etc.

That's priceless.

I bet that moronic idea comes from a lot of guys who got pissed when they found out they were reading books by a chick!

J.K. was used to be misleading, to fool the little boys into thinking they weren't reading books written by a women, cuz how many boys wanna read books by women?

Joanne Rowling doesn't even have a middle name.

Now that's crazy.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
That's priceless.

I bet that moronic idea comes from a lot of guys who got pissed when they found out they were reading books by a chick!

J.K. was used to be misleading, to fool the little boys into thinking they weren't reading books written by a women, cuz how many boys wanna read books by women?

Joanne Rowling doesn't even have a middle name.

Now that's crazy.

It's got plenty of historical precedent-- George Sand, George Eliot, etc.-- and in my neck of the writing world, which is romance, noms de plume are the usual. Many successful writers have different ones for their different series, even. Heather Graham Pozessere, Andre Norton, Kim Harrison-Dawn Cook spring to mind. Men do it too. Lots of romance authoresses are actually men.

As for the original subject? I felt the letdown after the final book, not the final movie, having read them as a matter of course. But I love how the child stars have grown into sexy adults, especially Neville and Ron and the twins. :p I admit to writing and consuming lots of naughty Potter fan-fictions.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would like to know how much magic one must learn in order to create food. Harry is going to battle the big powerful wizard. Yet, he and his friends are like so hungry they all eat up a snack once they finally have one given to them. If I was Harry I would have used my wand and made some ice-cream.
It's not that simple.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Right! ". . . said Ron to general astonishment . . . " in the last book, as the group of kids in the Room of Requirement prepared to fight Voldemort & Co.

That amused the hell out of me. :tongue:

Well, that and the gentle verbal slams between Hermione and Ron: "always the tone of surprise." Yeah. I knew they were going to marry.:rolleyes:

NCbear (who likes the edgy, snarky tone of some of Rowling's seemingly throwaway lines :biggrin1:)