post vasectomy sex

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by honeydew, Dec 2, 2006.

1. honeydew

honeydew New Member

The guy I am dating is going for a vasectomy on Mon. and he knows absolutely nothing about it as far as after the procedure. I told him I would ask this group.
    Anyone who has had a vasectomy was there any hesitation/fear the first time back to having sex? Pain, discomfort? What does he need to expect?

2. Over 7

Over 7 Member

Albums:
    I had mine back in '83 so the memories are a little vague, but as I recall, once the pain subsided from the procedure, I was back to normal except for a marked reduction in semen. The ejaculate gradually increased again over time.
    The first day I felt like someone had kicked me in the balls tho.:smile:

3. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Recovery times vary but at the very least he should wait until he gets home.

:dunno:

4. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    had mine done in 1972,haven't had any problems since.It takes the worry out of being close

5. Gharbad

Gharbad New Member

You can have sex as soon as he feels up to it. If he gets a no-scalpel vasectomy, that should be after two or three days, tops, if you don't get too wild. It might be painful if you ride him too hard or if his balls slap your butt. Otherwise, he should be fine. Take it slow and experiment!

Just remember to keep using contraception until his results are back. His tubes need to be thoroughly flushed before he is truly sterile.

Have frozen peas around, to cool his scrotum after the surgery, against possible swelling.

6. honeydew

honeydew New Member

Thanks for all the input. Hopefully this will ease his concerns.

7. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Gharbad's advice is sound, especially the part about waiting until you get back a zero sperm count from the tests. The doctor told me no sex or masturbation for three days. I probably could have jumped the gun on that, but we're talking about my best friend here, so I took it easy.

Aside from my Labrador Retriever catching me square across both incisions with the thickest part of his tail the day after, it went very smoothly. Root canals are worse than a vasectomy.

8. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My husband had his about a year ago, once the actually pain of the op had gone we tried having sex (this was about a 2 weeks after the op) he said he could feel quite a bit of "pulling" which caused a lot of pain after we'd finished.

It took about 6 weeks until things were totally normal again.

One thing he did note was that he felt a lot hornier than usual (probably because he knew he couldn't have sex lol) in the first few weeks after having it done, so we stuck to blow jobs as they didn't hurt half as much.

Not sure any of that helps, but hope it all goes well for you both :smile:

9. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Why would he have it done if he knew nothing about the procedure?

10. honeydew

honeydew New Member

aloofman,

He is having it done for me. I do not need to have any more kids and he is the kinda gut that he will do whatever it takes to make sure his lady is comfortable. I will be keeping this guy for sure!

11. orbit03

orbit03 Member

I got mine done back in January. I think it was about 10 days after when we tried anything. It was a bit sore, but not too bad. After about a month it was back to normal.

Make sure he follows the dr's directions and gets tested until he gets a clear sample. It took me four samples before they found the all clear. They kept finding one or two non motile sperm. You want zero sperm.

Enjoy the ride when you get the all clear! :D

12. cockamania

cockamania New Member

I have thought about having this done but not sure about it all. I am not into pain or some stranger toughing my nuts.

On a side note you ladies who give BJ do you like it and do you swallow.
    I have tried to get my wife to actually seem like it is fun and to swallow and no way. I get a twenty second BJ as foreplay and that is it.

How do I get her to like to BJ

13. SR_Pepe_LePube

SR_Pepe_LePube Account Disabled

No pain just some mild discomfort for 24 hours - i have no regrets but wish I did it sooner.

14. D_skeaflea

D_skeaflea New Member

I've read some urology sites about it, and they all say that you should wait 7 days before you have sex/masturbate again; I've heard some personal accounts of guys trying to cum before then and getting some really sharp pains. (*hghhgthhguhghghghg*.....). After the week's over, you'd want to still have sex with a condom or have at least five full ejaculations from masturbation (may take a couple of days); You'd want to "flush out" as much of the still-active sperm as possible. After this, your urologist will tell you to come in and you'll be asked to give a sperm sample to be sent out to a lab (additional fee) to be tested for sperm content. If everything's clear after this, you're good to go.

Also: Has his urologist talked to him about freezing sperm? That's usually a pretty good idea, so that you can have children only when you're absolutely ready to. The bad news? Artificial insemination this way is pretty expensive - at least a few thousand, not including hospital stay and consultation fees - and there's no guarantee that the sperm will fertilize the egg the first time. Though small, there's still a present risk that you may have to do it more than once. I highly recommend that you talk to the urologist and/or a fertility clinic about this before jumping into having the procedure done; You won't regret it.

A vasectomy can be a very good idea for some people, but you just have to make sure that you talk about everything first, and that you're taking everything into consideration: psychological and financial burdens may apply. If done properly, you'll talk to many guys who never regretted the procedure.

#14 D_skeaflea, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  15. Jughead

Jughead New Member

Definitely have him lay around the first day afterwards, with a bag of frozen peas on the boys to keep things chilled. We had sex about 4 days after I had mine, with no pain, but we did take it easy. And it did take about four months and three different trips to the doc to look at a fresh load under the microscope, before I was given the all clear that there were no more sperm cells.

Side benefit: For a couple of weeks my balls were about 25% bigger, wish I could have kept 'em, but they shrunk back to normal after a while.

16. D_Marazion Analdouche

Do people even see that this was started 2 years ago? I'm pretty sure he's healed up by now and having sex :tongue:

17. ta4me

ta4me New Member

Well, I had it done about a year ago. For the first 2-3 days, my nuts were so distended that I though they would drag on the ground. And yes, they were sore. I only waited 3 days before trying out the new toy.....they were really sore after blowing my first nut after the surgery.

Somewhere around 1-2 weeks, all the swelling and soreness went away. Life is awesome now.

Ask the doc for a valium before the procedure. It will take the edge off. I went in without any valium, gas or booze. Let's just say I was a little nervous.

Have him shave his balls at home before the surgery. He doesn't need to shave everything, just his balls, and apply some lotion.

18. D_Deceptivus Wrongpeter

:lmao: Proof that nobody actually reads these posts ... they are too busy writing something clever to share with the world.

19. B_bflr

B_bflr New Member

I had a vasectomy for my wife. We have two kids, and that's enough. The pregnancies were hard on her. There were a couple times I resented giving up part of my masculinity, sort of, but that was my problem and I've dealt with it. Just be aware that that can happen.

I think we waited 3 days. I really can't go too long without some kind of action. I was fine. Ejaculation did feel a little different for a while, but sex was and is still great!

20. ta4me

ta4me New Member

Hey, you're right. I didn't notice the year was 2006, I just looked at the month/day. Oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted