post your desktops

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
002.jpg
How do I know what the URL of my image is?????????????????

Wy doesn't show browse like when I upload to the gallery? Ahhh!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My current desktop is a batch of cupcakes that I made in late July. I haven't made cupcakes in years and as you can see they overflowed a bit. :redface: I thought the golden color was pretty and took a picture.

PS - Once trimmed and frosted they tasted delicious. :smile:

Attachments

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My current desktop is a batch of cupcakes that I made in late July. I haven't made cupcakes in years and as you can see they overflowed a bit. :redface: I thought the golden color was pretty and took a picture.

PS - Once trimmed and frosted they tasted delicious. :smile:
Yeh that's very nice maaam but how did you get the pic on your post????

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeh that's very nice maaam but how did you get the pic on your post????
Ok got it sorted now thanks to a nice member helping me!!!:biggrin1:

I have this picture of my cat called Dylan on my desktop. He is cool!

Had to re-name the pic because it said I already got this pic on another thread. (how do I upload a pic) What a load of S..t

Attachments

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Attachment 1: After a "Minimize all windows" -- for those who like the minimalist type.

Attachment 2: After an "Undo minimize all" -- much more cluttered.

Attachments

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've gone ahead and changed mine. It's an aerial pic of my hometown. Those are the Sandia mountains at the top, with Downtown Albuquerque in the center, and the Rio Grande flowing along the lower third of the photo. If you look really hard you can see where I live.:biggrin1:

Attachments

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
still beryl? no compiz? didn't that merge?

To be honest, for me, 3d desktops are over rated. Yeah, it wows you for the moment, takes up your time to figure out the entire possibilities of configurations, but at the end of the day, a clean & simple desktop always beats out eye candy. Besides workspaces can hold a lot of open windows to multi-task from if need be, but that doesn't have to be 3d to do that. The cost in loaded memory, I'd rather use that for an application and actual workload rather than eye candy. The one feature I found more appealing for Ubuntu 7.10, they perfected NTFS read/write support for that version. That blows away eye candy, expecially moving files of large size to and from NTFS partitions. I pretty much left 7.04 as it was after playing with Beryl and getting it a certain way. I have 7.10 64 on a 1u server, but it's graphics doesn't support 3d.

Attachments