Posting Imgur Album Gifv

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i noticed Imgur improved his gif format to gifv but they are not that easily inserted.
Is it possible attach an Imgur album without the plain url? I mean with a previews or play button available?
I didn’t find a post explaining it.
Thanks

LPSG Richard

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i noticed Imgur improved his gif format to gifv but they are not that easily inserted.
Is it possible attach an Imgur album without the plain url? I mean with a previews or play button available?
I didn’t find a post explaining it.
Thanks

Hmm I see what you mean about the format change.. I really hope they're not locking the gifs we have worked so hard to fill that site with lol

in any event, click on this:

upload_2021-6-1_10-32-19.png

Add the link for the imgur album, and it will show up as [ media = imgura ] link stuff [/closetag ]

Is this ok for what you want to do?

Attachments

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@LPSG Richard

Adding as media I get a pop up that says it can’t be embedded as media.
How it looks like what you can embed? For example on your provided what did put on the media box?
Some examples of what I tried:

Last edited by a moderator:

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think for this you'd convert to GIF.. but for the mp4 part it doesn't appear possible without uploading directly to LPSG.

Id get around this issue by taking the content, reuploading to an album on imgur and trying to embed in order to play the MP4
Thanks, can I use your attach on a post?
I will keep trying to do it myself to avoid taking your time next time, if I find a simple workaround I’ll share it.
It seams they migrated all their gif to gifv on some comments remain the old url and works as gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

LPSG Richard

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Thanks, can I use your attach on a post?
I will keep trying to do it myself to avoid taking your time next time, if I find a simple workaround I’ll share it.
It seams they migrated all their gif to gifv on some comments remain the old url and works as gif.

yeaaaa i saw that too. i am hoping that is connected to file size and not a block. I wasn't able to get a small or large mp4 to switch to gif. but it seemed to work with what you had

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@LPSG Richard
I used the video but I was reported for underage, I just realize the kid on the scene, you should kill the video and remove my links.
The quest for attaching Imgur stuff is valid I just pick wrong.

LPSG Richard

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
@LPSG Richard
I used the video but I was reported for underage, I just realize the kid on the scene, you should kill the video and remove my links.
The quest for attaching Imgur stuff is valid I just pick wrong.

removed, i thought that was a guy looking back at the tire