Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have noticed that a lot of people on here have not posted their age on their profile. Why is that? What are they hiding? Did they just not fill out the profile page? Could it be that they are to young to be on this board?
As most of you know, some of the question on here require adult language and situations. For me personally, I'm not into replying to underage people. It is also nice knowing how old a person is before engaging in a Private message.
Come on everyone...post your age in your profile.
:wink:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BBB2.5 said:
I have noticed that a lot of people on here have not posted their age on their profile. Why is that? What are they hiding?

And you don't have "sexual orientation" filled out. What are you hiding?

For the record, I don't care - what you don't wish to divulge is none of my business.

As for me, I don't put my age in because I've been around since God was in short pants, and I don't see any way to enter that into the form.

nouveau

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have not posted any details like age or location on here because I don't want to.

naughtynymph

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's about personal choice, if you want people to know tell them, if not don,t. A little mystery never hurt anyone.

Naughty. :tongue:

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think we all have an innate curiosity to know who we are talking to and whos posts we are reading. As humans we try to create order out of chaos. One means for us to do that is to compartmentalize things, especially people. We like to attach labels and stereotypes because that's just how our brain organizes information.

Be it right or wrong, some people will take the information they know about others and create opinions about them regardless of what their words say. For example, it makes it easier for one to say "you're just saying that because you are 100% gay/straight." Others will say "I see where you are coming from because you are 100%gay/straight)." (or whatever)

Most everyone here wishes to maintain a certain amount of anonymity. You don't see a whole lot of "My name is John Doe" screen names and their profile having addresses/phone numbers/etc. It becomes their choice how much information about themselves they wish to reveal. If you choose not to talk to someone because they don't state their age, that's your choice, just as much as it's someone elses choice not to talk to you because you didn't state your sexual orientation.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You could always ask someone how old they are. People ask me personal questions all the time. I was on a date recently with someone I haven't seen in a month. I've lost a little weight. I also was wearing clothes that fit. He's only ever seen me in clothes that were too big. He looked me over and asked me how much I weigh. I told him. Ask, and you'll likely be told, as long as you ask in private.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Reasons some people would not choose you for an internet discussion group "friend":

Too old
Not good enough looking
Too young
Not muscular
Too fat
Too thin
Too gay
Too straight
Too black
Too white
Too religious
Too atheist
Too stupid
Too smart

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket is correct...people do
tend to compartmentalize each other.

Often a person's chronological age
does not match up with their physical
or mental age.

I look tens years younger than my
birth age and feel even much younger
than that, so I refuse to be pigeon-
holed...well, unless the pigeon is hung
like a horse! ;)

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BBB2.5 said:
I have noticed that a lot of people on here have not posted their age on their profile. Why is that? What are they hiding? Did they just not fill out the profile page? Could it be that they are to young to be on this board?
As most of you know, some of the question on here require adult language and situations. For me personally, I'm not into replying to underage people. It is also nice knowing how old a person is before engaging in a Private message.
Come on everyone...post your age in your profile.

I agree. And if someone lies about age (who is a minor) then that is on them. If ever an adult knowingly coresponds to a minor and that transcript was read in a court room...the only respose would be "You knowingly talked to a minor about sex and thought that was OK?" The person would be hung out to dry...there would be no explaining it away. Minors do not belong on an adult oriented board and reporting your age helps protect the forum as a whole. I'm glad BBB brought this up. Thanks buddy

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
big dirigible said:
And you don't have "sexual orientation" filled out. What are you hiding?

For the record, I don't care - what you don't wish to divulge is none of my business.

As for me, I don't put my age in because I've been around since God was in short pants, and I don't see any way to enter that into the form.

Okay very true ....I do not have my sexual orientating filled out. Mainly because I have NEVER hid the fact that I am a GAY MAN. Just ask anyone here that knows me.
The reason for the age thing...I personally do not like having to ask a person how old they are before I answer or respond to questions or statements. Have you not ever heard the words " Child Predators" on TV. I do not want to be chatting, or replying to someone in a subject that may an adult issue ...only later to find out they are underage.
There are some real sick A-holes in this world who do not care how old people are before talking to them , regardless of their age. I am not one of them.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nor do I want to be chatting with an adult here who is side lining an agenda to talk to minors. It is like guilt by association. I don't think sexual orientaion is even in the same ball park. It is not part of a legal argument.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BBB2.5 said:
Okay very true ....I do not have my sexual orientating filled out. Mainly because I have NEVER hid the fact that I am a GAY MAN. Just ask anyone here that knows me.
The reason for the age thing...I personally do not like having to ask a person how old they are before I answer or respond to questions or statements. Have you not ever heard the words " Child Predators" on TV. I do not want to be chatting, or replying to someone in a subject that may an adult issue ...only later to find out they are underage.
There are some real sick A-holes in this world who do not care how old people are before talking to them , regardless of their age. I am not one of them.

And I've never hidden the fact that I'm no spring chicken. Your initial question was specific to info in profiles.

Your concern about underage types is not unreasonable, but what I take to be your proposed solution doesn't stand up. Theoretically there aren't any underage types on this board, are there? Certainly they can lie to get on. But they can also lie about their ages in their profiles.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just want to point out that there's a huge difference between age and maturity.
If a post is more than a sentence or two long, you can usually pick up hints of maturity - or lack thereof.

Since the minors are banned, I don't see an issue.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ifrit said:
The opposite of "religious" is "secular". There are people who are not religious but are also not atheists. (Agnostics, Humanists)

Hey.
Wait a minute.
Who said they were meant as opposites?

BTW, I'm 99 years old; almost.