Posting your pics.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SpoiledPrincess, Sep 23, 2007.

1. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

People can say this site is all about large dicks but in my view it's a photo posting site - the main thing that paying members get that non paying members don't is to view the pics at a larger site, hence the photos are the bread and butter of the site, no one would pay just to make comments on the forum or to use the chat room.

So, why don't more people post photos, whether they're face pics, clothed pics or naked pics a picture paints a thousand words, and it's always nice to know what the people you communicate with look like in some way. Some people say they're too shy but posting pictures is as anonymous as you want it to be, some people say they feel self conscious about their bodies, on the net people are just thankful you've posted and accept bodily imperfections with the attitude they should be accepted - that the world is full of different types and long live the differerence. The people who were insecure about their bodies invariably say it helped them feel much happier with their bods.

If you use a site like this and don't post your own pics but look at other peoples pictures it's a bit like going to a bottle party, not taking your own bottle but expecting to drink everyone else's wine. In short you're a selfish bugger :)

And for the fakers, why bother, it's always going to come out eventually that you're a fake, but along the way you will have felt a rapport with certain people, once you're discovered you'll lose people you had begun to think of as friends.

Post your own pics I'm sure you'll enjoy the reaction you get.

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

In light of this... SP I posted some new pics. Just because you had a good idea.

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

4. Osiris

Gold Member

Actually, I paid to be a member in light of Rob_E's post on the cost of maintaining the site and how a lot is coming out of his pocket personally. I didn't initially come for pic posting and honestly, really do not look at galleries nless someone makes a remark about a pic or asks me to look. And for the ones I've looked at, They are people I would normally talk to on here or via PM.

I am working up the nerve to post pics, but there probably won't be any nekkid shots or penis shots as I still have issues with said fat ass body.

I support the site because I like the people here and think it's a good site. End of.

5. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

This isn't the first site I've been on where members could post naked pics so I've become a little blase about photos, I never trawl through the galleries and I'm only inclined to see if someone has pics if they're someone I chat to in the chat room or if someone else says to look at their pics. I just feel that having no pics isn't playing the game.

6. No_Strings

Gold Member

There's some high quality shit in my gallery. :biggrin1:

7. Osiris

Gold Member

One day I'll get the nerve because as TK said, you do make a good point that I never really looked at in that way before.

I have shared a couple of pics with people, but nothing nude. I share with those I usually PM with so I'll return the favor. It's also one of the reason my avatar pic is of me. Only fair to have a face with a person you talk to. :smile:

8. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

stop right there. The operative words being, "in my view".

Anyway, there are plenty of reasons to not post pics, beyond the ones that you set out. What brought this on? :confused:

9. Principessa

Gold Member

That's okay Osiris I understand your hesitation. We all know your avatar is fake and that you are not a black man. :redface: You shouldn't be ashamed of being a white man with a micro-penis. As long as your wife loves you that's all that matters.:smile:

10. Osiris

Gold Member

You wish. Don't make me come up there. :twak: :biggrin1:

11. Principessa

Gold Member

. . . but you are so eloquent and far too well spoken to be a real black man. :biggrin1::tongue::biggrin1: ROTFLMAO just kidding. :smile:

12. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Ive had many different pics up since ive been here. About 3 months ago after several weeks of bugging her. She took many full body shots of me. There they sit on my old computer. Its a kind of been there done that kind of thing for me as to why i dont put them up and knowing she really didnt want to take them of me. She asked today as to why i dont put them up and i say i dont want to and she smiles. I told her to put them up if she wants them up so we shall see.. She may very well.

13. Osiris

Gold Member

Oh, forgive my fluent speech pattern. Allow me to digress...

I's awful sorry missy, but I's dun know what I's was thinkin' speakin learn-ed an all. I's promise to knows my place for now to entrinity. :wink:

14. snoozan

Gold Member

I always posted some recent or best-of work in my gallery, prurient or otherwise.

Copyright issues make me slightly antsy.

15. simcha

Gold Member

OK SP, the reason why I put my pic as my avatar is because of comments like these. I don't think I'll ever post any nude pics of me because, well, it would be inappropriate in my profession. And that's no joke. Unfortunately the board that licenses my profession in California is quite puritanical.

I posted one more face pic, without my glasses, and a pic of my sweet kitty sleeping. I guess that people would see that my cat is a very important presence in my life. He's been around me longer than any lover and he gives me unconditional love. He's 14 and I've had him for 7+ years. I adopted him from a shelter. The shelter people were amazed that I picked a 6/7 year old cat because I guess most people want a kitten. They said that often adult cats get put down because they are unadoptable. I shudder at the thought. My cat was already house broken, sweet, affectionate, and had already gone through all of the terrible kitten behaviors. He's a love. I couldn't imagine not having him around.... OK, this wasn't supposed to go this deep. Later...

16. Love-it

Gold Member

I don't own a digital camera.

The other thing is I have never been comfortable having pictures taken of myself, which is a family trait that goes back a few generations, I relate it to a self-effacing view on life.

17. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I just deleted all my gallery pics, basically i got sick of seeing them and they didn't feel like ME or something i would normally do. So i can understand why some people don't post pics/videos and their want for privacy shouldn't be considered selfish. Just because they choose not to contribute visually doesn't make them any less valuable or their input any less important then someone who does have a gallery.

Posting pics/videos is voluntary and those who choose not to post should have their choice respected. Unfortantly majority of the time if you dont have a gallery you are automatically considered a troll and people are less likely to believe what you have to say. Its a horrible fact that alot of the time, even here you have to prove yourself visually before you are taken seriously.

18. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good point, SP. I just wish this were a more perfect world, and there weren't repercussions (backlash) from posting pics.

I don't ever want to get "hung" for a nudie pic. I think it's INSANE that our society is so nuts about nude photos. I post my pics against all better judgement! :wink:

19. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you ever get "hung" I'll lose all interest in your pics. :biggrin1:
    Those female to male operations leave a lot to be desired...

20. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted