Posting your pics.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like this thread, that is all I have to say at the moment, apart from the latter part of my sentence, which I also said, so ignore that bit or I could end up looking a bit confused.....

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SP, you brought up some salient points but sometimes issues arise with the posting of nude pics. If I were still a preschool teacher, I probably wouldn't post pics of myself in the gallery. I sure as hell wouldn't show my face. I definitely would not have pics posted if I were male and a teacher or any other position where I worked with children or teenager closely. It's a damn shame but most in society would think people who post nude pics of themselves on the net are deviants who will eventually corrupt the young and impressionable. Not to mention there are companies who would frown on this site if they stumbled upon an employee here and would go to great lengths to fire them. Of course one might ask what the employer is doing browsing LPSG.org if they disapprove...

Anyhoo, I see your point. It's always nice to pair a face or body with a poster but some people would find it impossible to do so without compromising themselves at work.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
Though my gallery wasn't nude, it was suggestive. I took it down when there was a thread about saving photos from people's galleries in the Help Desk. Something just made me feel icky about it. With all the assholes and fakes out there, I'd really rather not have photos of my body associated with anyone else simply because they chose to right-click, save-as. (Or whatever it is in Mac.)

However, I can say that since I deleted my gallery, I no longer get insipid PMs from men assuming far more than should ever be assumed about anyone. For me, that's worth it. I won't be posting photos anymore--just changing my avatar now and again.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That was my problem for a while. But eventually I used some brain cells and scabbed my parents one. :biggrin1:
(I made sure about a hundred times that the pics were deleated off the camera when i gave it back! :wink:

Ahhhh thank god for brain cells!!! :biggrin1:

There's surely no right or wrong here. When I started reading the thread I agreed with SP, however I now understand there are some really legitimate reasons for not posting pics.

I am happy to just respect peoples choices.
(but thank those who do.... :wink:)

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just deleted all my gallery pics, basically i got sick of seeing them and they didn't feel like ME or something i would normally do. So i can understand why some people don't post pics/videos and their want for privacy shouldn't be considered selfish. Just because they choose not to contribute visually doesn't make them any less valuable or their input any less important then someone who does have a gallery.

Posting pics/videos is voluntary and those who choose not to post should have their choice respected. Unfortantly majority of the time if you dont have a gallery you are automatically considered a troll and people are less likely to believe what you have to say. Its a horrible fact that alot of the time, even here you have to prove yourself visually before you are taken seriously.
Thank god for my Hard Drive! Woo!:wink: Ah Ha! I got ya!:biggrin1::kiss:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
OK SP, the reason why I put my pic as my avatar is because of comments like these. I don't think I'll ever post any nude pics of me because, well, it would be inappropriate in my profession. And that's no joke. Unfortunately the board that licenses my profession in California is quite puritanical.

huh? All someone has to do is see your face, read your posts and learn lots of private info you've revealed about your sex life.
http://www.lpsg.org/56805-bottom-top-2.html#post934408
Then that person can tell one person and so on and so on. And before you know it everyone from your family to your coworkers to your neighbors know your sexual likes and dislikes. I'm sure the board would think that was inappropriate. Anyone can get access to this website. If you want anonymity put a body pic only or no pic at all.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, forgive my fluent speech pattern. Allow me to digress...
I's awful sorry missy, but I's dun know what I's was thinkin' speakin learn-ed an all. I's promise to knows my place for now to entrinity. :wink:
That's better, you people need to know your place and not act all uppity. :biggrin1:

Ive had many different pics up since ive been here. About 3 months ago after several weeks of bugging her. She took many full body shots of me. There they sit on my old computer. Its a kind of been there done that kind of thing for me as to why i dont put them up and knowing she really didnt want to take them of me. She asked today as to why i dont put them up and i say i dont want to and she smiles. I told her to put them up if she wants them up so we shall see.. She may very well.
njqt466 sighs wistfully and tries not to be jealous as she realizes yet again just how lucky Kim is to have a man like you in her life.

I don't own a digital camera. Not even on your cell phone? :confused:
The other thing is I have never been comfortable having pictures taken of myself, which is a family trait that goes back a few generations, I relate it to a self-effacing view on life.
We don't care about your face Love-it, :smile: we just want to see your big beautiful penis. :biggrin1:

I would love to exchange pics but the ladies never ask... :frown1:
You have got to be kidding me?!? :eek: I always assumed you were inundated with PM's from the few ladies here. I bet they all thought as I did. Anyone as hot and as nice as you wouldn't be interested in them.:tongue::redface:

That was my problem for a while. But eventually I used some brain cells and scabbed my parents one. :biggrin1:
(I made sure about a hundred times that the pics were deleated off the camera when i gave it back! ) :wink:
We appreciate your efforts. :wink: I can see how you might be traumatized by having your mum check out your package and smile knowingly as she tells you that its nice to know you took some good traits after your father.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's better, you people need to know your place and not act all uppity. :biggrin1:

njqt466 sighs wistfully and tries not to be jealous as she realizes yet again just how lucky Kim is to have a man like you in her life.

We don't care about your face Love-it, :smile: we just want to see your big beautiful penis. :biggrin1:

You have got to be kidding me?!? :eek: I always assumed you were inundated with PM's from the few ladies here. I bet they all thought as I did. Anyone as hot and as nice as you wouldn't be interested in them.:tongue::redface:

We appreciate your efforts. :wink: I can see how you might be traumatized by having your mum check out your package and smile knowingly as she tells you that its nice to know you took some good traits after your father.
My dear you are ever so sweet. You amaze me pic after pic constantly coming up with new ideas in a shinning ray of beauty. Your Gallery is Breath taking...............:smile:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My dear you are ever so sweet. You amaze me pic after pic constantly coming up with new ideas in a shinning ray of beauty. Your Gallery is Breath taking...............:smile:

NJ sweet? She just insulted me, she's a racist!

Hang on. Oops wrong thread. No contoversy here. Sorry, I thought someone was starting a fight. :biggrin1:

You are right, she is a sweetheart and one of my favorite PM pals. :wink:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I understand that some people might not want family/colleagues to see them naked on a web site, those people can post anonymous body pics if they so wished. Face pics/body pics, people should give it a go, it's fun and we like to see who we chat to.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
As I can recall there was talk of changes to gallery access (based on certain suggested membership parameters), but I haven't heard anything further on it. Maybe greater access to the (fullsized) pics might inspire some members to post more of themselves.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some sites offer incentives for posting pics, of course given the high number of fakes on here that might just encourage more fakery, but there's nothing I wouldn't do for shoes if Rob_E's watching :)

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
I used to have a gallery, but that was for "the non-haters" of 2005 so tough shit really! :) Not that I wouldn't do another, but now is not the time I feel. I wouldn't do it for charity, I think most people do it because its sezzy, rather than "we're saving LPSG". Although it does actually!