Pot Legalized in 2010 ?!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_am12388, Oct 8, 2009.

1. B_am12388

B_am12388 New Member

2. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    If it passes, I may need to move to California:biggrin1:

3. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I think the alcohol and tobacco industries will flex their lobbying muscles and keep pot illegal.

4. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Probably. If pot and prostitution were legalised they could tax both to the hilt and pay off a huge chunk of our national deficit though I think that can be filed under "wishful thinking".

5. D_Portelay Porquesword

If it is in fact legalized, I certainly hope pot that is leaking in from Mexico with that pesticide on it doesn't flood the market. The feds are finding mass amounts of in LA right now.

Toxic stuff.

6. Flashy

Gold Member

7. B_Mister Buildington

It's a clear violation of our natural rights for the government to tell us what chemicals we can and cannot ingest.

8. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think I hate the name Perez Hilton.

It should be legal, but I'm not looking forward to the day it does get legalized. Everyone will fucking STINK. Good, bad, I don't care, it all smells terrible. It permeates everything too. I'll have to wear a glade plug in for my face or something.

9. FlowerChick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It should be legalized. Anyone who wants it now can easily get it. And just because it becomes "legalized," I suspect there would NOT be any significant increase in demand, rather it would become mainstream like alcohol, and we would be subject to various laws, ie, no drinking and driving, must have a "license" to sell liquor, limited alcohol licenses by various counties, no "open" containers, etc.

Remember "smoking" sections in high school? Do those still exist in schools today? I graduated from high school in 1980 and the kids who wanted to smoke did, I don't think the existence of the section encouraged "smoking" but was a way of dealing with the issue at hand for the time. And I grew up in a very small town, rural, conservative town in Ventura County, still California though.

10. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Cigarettes are not allowed in high schools (I would guess most if not all high schools). We actually signed an agreement saying we wouldn't bring them, along with other substances, weapons, what have you on campus, including the bus. That doesn't stop a lot of people of course. Hell, half if not more of the FFA members carried pockets knives. Which always bugged me because there was never a use for them, all they ever did was flick them out to stab a piece of paper or some stupid shit. A lot of them would chew on campus too, and chew is just gross. Blech.

11. cdarro

cdarro New Member

I could see it happening here in Canada before anywhere in the US. Well, maybe California, yeah. It was almost decriminalized here in 2004, but the government fell and the bill died in Parliament. But if you were caught with a small amount, it's unlikely the police would do anything other than confiscate it. And probably smoke it themselves.

12. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here in Cali they are attempting legalization via public referendum. That's harder for the tobacco and alcohol lobby to control. There are three separate propositions in the works. I think it could happen. Even Ahhh-nold does not seem opposed.
    Supposedly, this would mean that the Feds could no longer compell state and local police to help with enforcement making the federal laws largely irrelevant here.
    Dave
    Dave

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

They're not telling you that you can't put anything in your body.
    Nobody has been arrested for merely being high at home... but they have been arrested for possession. MAJOR difference.

14. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Let me see, the government is trying to tax Tobacco into oblivion. You think they'll let you smoke weed without a big tax?

15. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, a tax is to be expected, I would imagine. Huge potential revenue.

16. cdarro

cdarro New Member

Yes, this would be a great way to fight budget deficits, wouldn't it? Not to mention the money that would no longer be spent on interdiction, prosecution and incarceration. An idea that's long overdue.

Draft saved Draft deleted