Practice what you preach.

rageboy

Just Browsing
Media
I would hazard to guess that most people here are against the loss of civil rights that is in effect because of the Patriot Act and because of the clamp down on FOIA requests by the current administration.

In that vein I would like to submit a FOIA request with LPSG. I'd like to know what information the moderators have asked of individual accounts and for what reason for the last six months.

What do you say?

Funny isn't it?:biggrin1::cool::rolleyes:

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would hazard to guess that most people here are against the loss of civil rights that is in effect because of the Patriot Act and because of the clamp down on FOIA requests by the current administration.

In that vein I would like to submit a FOIA request with LPSG. I'd like to know what information the moderators have asked of individual accounts and for what reason for the last six months.

What do you say?

Funny isn't it?:biggrin1::cool::rolleyes:

That's the biggest and most ridiculous apples to oranges comparison I've seen yet.

See, an FOIA request requests information that should, by all rights, be public information because it was generated by the government which is paid with our tax dollars and is bound by law to operate with a certain level of transparency.

It is vastly different from a privately owned server holding personal information held in strict confidentiality.

The only thing "funny" is your complete inability to comprehend the difference.

See, FOIA is the Freedom of Information Act, it was an Act passed by Congress to guarantee the rights of citizens to have access to information held by the Government and its numerous agencies. The Government is bound by law to abide by that Act, and by willfully refusing to do so, it violates the spirit, if not the letter of the Act.

Do you even think before you type this drivel?

rageboy

Just Browsing
Media
That's the biggest and most ridiculous apples to oranges comparison I've seen yet.

See, an FOIA request requests information that should, by all rights, be public information because it was generated by the government which is paid with our tax dollars and is bound by law to operate with a certain level of transparency.

It is vastly different from a privately owned server holding personal information held in strict confidentiality.

The only thing "funny" is your complete inability to comprehend the difference.

See, FOIA is the Freedom of Information Act, it was an Act passed by Congress to guarantee the rights of citizens to have access to information held by the Government and its numerous agencies. The Government is bound by law to abide by that Act, and by willfully refusing to do so, it violates the spirit, if not the letter of the Act.

Do you even think before you type this drivel?

You suffer being you don't you?:tongue:

You're imagination, or lack thereof, leaves you habitually bored. Doesn't it?

I see a country(forum) in which there is a police force(moderators) that is habitually responsible for the disappearance of the banned. No explanations, no excuses, nothing. The law enforcers (moderators) are from time to time accused of misdeeds and remain only accountable to a distant, un-elected dictator (Pecker).

You say it is strictly my choice to be here and if I don't like it go to Canada(another forum)? But I was born in this country(with a big dick)!

Okay, how about to curb fishing expeditions the moderators requests are feed after a week to the subjects of the inquisition?

I'm just exagerating for the sake of dialog. Try it for the sake of meaningful conversation. I'm also trying to teach JQB a lesson

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Not familiar with social contract theory, are you?

If you were, you'd understand that one exists between a sovereign authority and its body politic. None exists between LPSG and its members. The site, its operators, and their agents are not responsible for your security or essential services, and the members neither
bear any fiduciary obligations nor abdicate any natural autonomy. I won't even go into the fact that members do not place their life, liberty, and property in jeopardy in order to participate in an online community.

In short, your attempted parallel falls well short of validity and draws dangerously close to idiocy.
Perhaps you should have read the FOIA (instead of the Cliff's notes) before broaching this sort of discussion. Unlike most teenybopper infested forums, the folks here tend to be both knowledgeable and intelligent. Ignorance like this will get you called out, more often than not.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, I couldn't resist just a peek.

You guys can't seriously believe this is a n00b now, can you?:biggrin1:

God, knowing EVERYTHING is such a burden.:rolleyes:

Back to ignore for rageboy.

rageboy

Just Browsing
Media
Okay, I couldn't resist just a peek.

You guys can't seriously believe this is a n00b now, can you?:biggrin1:

God, knowing EVERYTHING is such a burden.:rolleyes:

Back to ignore for rageboy.

Your knowing everything then you know you'd, to borrow a phrase, 'blow me dry' if I let ya'.:biggrin1::tongue::cool:

Now stop 'peeking' under the kilt ya big breasted sex thing you.

dirty girl

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Comparing limits enforced by privately owned/run websites to limits imposed by government is one of the oldest internet fallacies. Although usually, it takes the form of "WTF, I HAV FREE SPEACH! D00D U R VIOLATING TH 1ST AMENDMUNT!"

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Comparing limits enforced by privately owned/run websites to limits imposed by government is one of the oldest internet fallacies. Although usually, it takes the form of "WTF, I HAV FREE SPEACH! D00D U R VIOLATING TH 1ST AMENDMUNT!"

Count to ten, if he hasn't already, he's about to explode into just such bullshit. God, I wish people weren't so fucking predictable.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Rageboy;
Just a heads up; you have made Mme. Z's official ignore list. Unless she is bored and checks out your post (something I have been guilty of with people on my ignore list on occasion) she will not read your witty response.

I am against corporate use of my personal info and the government collecting and using it for anything more than tax purposes and voter registration. I do not, however, see the problem with a moderator looking up whatever they want. As far as I know they can (possibly) look to see which threads I have visited and how often I am here and for how long. They can't look at my bank statement, know for certain which city I am in if I use a proxy server, know how I voted (though from my posts I would venture that most could guess) nor see my home address, or have the contact info for my employer. Why do I care what info they request of my wanderings on this site?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you all have missed the point... except, perhaps Pecker.

Go to rageboy's profile, click the link for "find all posts" and read about 15 of them. You'll understand this thread a little better.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I think you all have missed the point... except, perhaps Pecker.

Go to rageboy's profile, click the link for "find all posts" and read about 15 of them. You'll understand this thread a little better.

You mean he's been TROLLING? Oh, no!!! Please tell me it isn't so.

I woke up with an itchy trigger finger this morning...