Praise the Army - Here's the official solution to the old question: Am I too fat?

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is really a girl thing, I guess. Why do us women always wonder whether we're too fat, or too bony, look at ourselves in the mirror like farmers look at cows at an auction, if there's a simple scientific way out of this? To work with me here, you have to download the following PDF-File for the needed conversion tables: http://www.usapa.army.mil/pdffiles/r600_9.pdf

Too fat or too bony? Follow me through it...

The Weight Factor: Determine your weight. Go to the Weight Factor Table and find your weight factor (Line is Weight in tenpounds, Column is the last digit). Note down your weight factor.

The Height Factor: Determine your height in inches. Go to the Height Factor Table and find your height factor (Line is in full inches, columns are quarter, half and threequarter inches. Note down your height factor.

The following steps have to repeated 3 times each, and the results of each step have to be added and divided by three to get an average value. The factor refers to the average value.

The Hip Factor: Determine your hip circumference to the closest quarter-inch. Find the factor for your hip circumference in the matching table.

The Forearm Factor: Determine your forearm circumference to the closest quarter-inch.Find the factor for your forearm circumference in the matching table.

The Neck Factor: Determine your neck circumference to the closest quarter-inch.Find the factor for your neck circumference in the matching table.

The wrist Factor: Determine your wrist circumference to the closest quarter-inch.Find the factor for your wrist circumference in the matching table.

Body fat calculation, first step: Add your height and hip factor.

Body fat calculation, second step: Add height, forearm, neck and wrist factors.

Body fat calculation, result:: Subtract the sum (8) from the sum (7). The result is your body fat percentage.

A little note... I went through a lot of this. It may sound very scientific at first, but can become quite used to after some years. If your body fat percentage is too high, read the what-to-do instructions and laugh off the excessive fat.

I wanted to put this into the "Et Cetera" section, but I guess this is more a "women's issue" than everyone's.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If your weight is equal to or less than the weight prescribed for your height, then you have to determine your bodyfat. Bodyfat limits for women are:
Female 17-20 - 28%
Female 21-27 - 30%
Female 28-39 - 32%
Female 40+ - 34%

If you are overweight and overfat, then you get enrolled in the Army Weight Control Program. Basically you have to get back within weight/bodyfat standards or face getting discharged from the Army.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket said:
If your weight is equal to or less than the weight prescribed for your height, then you have to determine your bodyfat. Bodyfat limits for women are:
Female 17-20 - 28%
Female 21-27 - 30%
Female 28-39 - 32%
Female 40+ - 34%

If you are overweight and overfat, then you get enrolled in the Army Weight Control Program. Basically you have to get back within weight/bodyfat standards or face getting discharged from the Army.

There you go, honey... I was always pretty close to that limit, so used the method to control myself. I also remember that parts of the above PDF file were issued, and some of the advice issues made me break out in laughter - especially the one about not finding excuses. True, but aren't we thought to have at least a bit of intelligence?

Okay, then, military intelligence at times was an oxymorous term...