~praying for our friends in california~

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
oeZn5tS.jpg

thisguy805

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There was a couple of assholes that got arrested for looting in the evacuated areas. The winds are going to kick up again here in the early morning. We're looking around winds in the mid 30s here in Ventura County. I'm not looking forward to that.

I still have a box of respirators for last years Thomas fire. Those are going to get put to use.

Reactions: bwhip1011 and BillM

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I've read articles online and watched local LA news on Netflix and do see where over 50 different fire companies are involved. I don't understand why I'm not finding where anyone is deploying DC-10 water tankers over the area or at least choppers that can drop water???

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am hoping and praying that all our California members are safe and well. I hope the east winds die and the fire fighters can get a handle on the fires.

Thanks We need all the prays We can get!!
6029256-6374323-A_firefighter_walks_by_the_a_burning_home_in_Malibu_Calif_Friday-a-10_1541889444731.jpg

thisguy805

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've read articles online and watched local LA news on Netflix and do see where over 50 different fire companies are involved. I don't understand why I'm not finding where anyone is deploying DC-10 water tankers over the area or at least choppers that can drop water???

They are using the DC-10 water tankers. They are not using the choppers as much because of the winds. The wind is blowing away the water before it hits its target.

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
They are using the DC-10 water tankers. They are not using the choppers as much because of the winds. The wind is blowing away the water before it hits its target.

Ah! Ugh. I wish that damn wind would stop. Better yet I wish it would pour ass rain. The DC-10s hold a lot and should help some. It's just the turnaround time to refill them sucks.

johnghosephat

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Untitled 87.jpg
:relieved:
PARADISE, Calif. (AP) — As relatives desperately searched shelters for missing loved ones on Sunday, crews searching the smoking ruins of Paradise and outlying areas found six more bodies, raising the death toll to 29, matching the deadliest wildfire in California history.

Wildfires continued to rage on both ends of the state, with gusty winds expected overnight which will challenge firefighters. The statewide death toll stood at 31. The Camp Fire that ravaged a swath of Northern California was the deadliest.

A total of 29 bodies have been found so far from that fire, Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea told a news briefing Sunday evening. He said 228 people were still unaccounted for.

Ten search and recovery teams were working in Paradise — a town of 27,000 that was largely incinerated on Thursday — and in surrounding communities. Authorities called in a mobile DNA lab and anthropologists to help identify victims of the most destructive wildfire in California history.

By early afternoon, one of the two black hearses stationed in Paradise had picked up another set of remains.

People looking for friends or relatives called evacuation centers, hospitals, police and the coroner's office.

Reactions: bwhip1011 and BillM