pre-employment STOOL sample????

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that did raise my eyebrows, what next, sperm and egg samples??

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that did raise my eyebrows, what next, sperm and egg samples??

"Sign here, and here.....initial here......and here...................................and now we'll need for you to vomit in this bag immediately. Here is a picture of Dame Edna, if that will help. Thank you."

"Next!"

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
There is no more right to privacy in this country. We have allowed this to happen by not resisting these outrageous requests. If, as ghb69 suggests, it is part a screening exam for health benefits, that would normally be done after being hired, not as part of a pre-employment screening process. Drug screening used to be reserved for jobs requiring high security clearances, the military and such, which makes sense. Now it's routine for low paying, low skill, entry level jobs. It's just a method by which employers can minimize potential fiancial risk with a new hire, rather than waiting to observe their job performance. Now I suppose workers will be screened for potential risk due to chronic illness, or even for genetic markers that suggest a higher possibility for chronic illness.

We have slid way down a slippery slope, my friends. People who think that's not a problem and resistance is futile are happy being worker bees for their corporate masters, and don't mind dragging the rest of us along kicking and screaming. Welcome to the hive, y'all. If you give in, it'll only get worse - for you, your children, and everybody else. The only way to turn it around is to refuse, and simultaneously pressure your representatvies to outlaw these practices. Take a stand, people.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A long time ago (1993, actually) I was extremely interested in working for an entrepreneur who designed and marketed custom solid hardwood furniture, so I walked in as a cold call and spoke with the store manager; a few days later I met with his accountant who doubled up as HR person. A week later I met with the actual owner in a lengthy interview. When the accountant called me back in for a fourth interview (!!) I had no idea what the hell she wanted, but really wanted the job, so I went back.

Each trip, BTW, involved a 45-minute subway ride (including one transfer) plus a fifteen minute walk both to and from the subway in a full suit and tie in the middle of a sweltering July in Boston.

As we sat down for the fourth interview, I touched the accountants hand and told her "Barbara, I really want to work here, but you know everything you could possibly find out after the last three interviews, so I'm prepared today to give you blood, stool and semen samples just to cover everything else".

I got the job, probably based on my sense of humor and what I could do to enhance a really tight team that really didn't need me when I was hired.

Still on-topic but in a completely different matter, I withdrew my application for a job in Florida in 2004 which paid straight commission (no draw, no benefits) when they required that I pay for my own $50 drug test.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
There is no more right to privacy in this country. We have allowed this to happen by not resisting these outrageous requests. If, as ghb69 suggests, it is part a screening exam for health benefits, that would normally be done after being hired, not as part of a pre-employment screening process. Drug screening used to be reserved for jobs requiring high security clearances, the military and such, which makes sense. Now it's routine for low paying, low skill, entry level jobs. It's just a method by which employers can minimize potential fiancial risk with a new hire, rather than waiting to observe their job performance. Now I suppose workers will be screened for potential risk due to chronic illness, or even for genetic markers that suggest a higher possibility for chronic illness.

We have slid way down a slippery slope, my friends. People who think that's not a problem and resistance is futile are happy being worker bees for their corporate masters, and don't mind dragging the rest of us along kicking and screaming. Welcome to the hive, y'all. If you give in, it'll only get worse - for you, your children, and everybody else. The only way to turn it around is to refuse, and simultaneously pressure your representatvies to outlaw these practices. Take a stand, people.

AMEN!!!! Gil just reported that he crapped for work. I am still....indignant that CitibANK would do this

ksupimp

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it is a joke still. The drug specifically they must be testing is cannabis. That is the only drug i've ever heard of that leaves trace amounts in hair.

I wonder if they carry out breath tests?

If not, it seems like they are taking a moral highgound. In a sense they are being prejudiced.

Interestingly enough, THC doesn't readily deposit itself in epithelial cells, so it is more difficult to detect THC via the hair test. It will, however, readily show opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, and phencyclidine. Body hair is the best for this test since it will be able to detect use over approximately a 1 year period since it is so slow growing.

Never heard of a stool sample... That is very odd. There aren't even any labs that run drug tests on stool in my five state area. The hospital I work for does standard blood, saliva and breathalizer tests as part of their pre-employment drug screening. I was shocked that people actually failed their breathalizer test because they had a drink before they came in do their pre-employment screening.