Precum And Pregnancy!

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am having a disagreement with someone about the potency and statistical probability of precum getting a woman pregnant.

I read a long time ago that precum has NO sperm in it and cannot get a girl pregnant. I have (foolishly, yet due to lack of appropriate condoms) had unprotected sex around five times. Four or so with the same girl, once with another.

In all cases, I did not cum inside, I pulled out. No one is suing me for child support; there were no pregnancies resulting from said coitus'.

I very much doubt precum contains sperm, and anyone who says it does, whoever they based the assumption on, the individual must have ejaculated at least a little bit inside the woman. I precum a lot so unless I have a low sperm count, precum cannot get a girl pregnant.

NB: I know I should have had sex with a condom on but back then I had no access or hardly any knowledge of larger sized condoms. And there was no access to regular condoms; the one and only one I tried was painful. Yet I did use it, once.

Anyway - does it or does it not contain sperm that can get a girl pregnant? And I'd like sources of evidence too please.

D

deleted3272

Tell this to my friend with the 2 year old son, he may disagree with you.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If there is any sperm remaining in the urethra from a previous ejaculation it can come out with the precum of a subsequent session. It has been suggested to me that urinating in between can eliminate any remaining sperm from the first time.

Your willingness to rely on this method should be directly proportional to your willingness to be hear, "Dad, can I borrow the car?".

karmen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Found the following quote at a website:

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]"The limited number of sperm in pre-cum makes it extremely unlikely that conception would occur, even if your dribbling was within the fertile window. The problem with the pull-out-and-pray method of contraception is not so much the pre-cum but the inability of Mr. Dickhead to get far enough away from the vaginal opening before loosing his load."[/FONT]

The website is: http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/021201inandout.htm

I thought it was funny so I thought I'd share. There's some interesting stuff on the site for those who care to look.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you Karmen that's exactly what I suspected!

I have a hard time cumming willingly and when I was having unprotected sex I came out long before I felt I was going to cum...

I won't be having unprotected sex for awhile now anyway :)

But thank you Karmen, you rock ;)

C

college22punk9

uhhh you could try consulting MEDICALLY trained people. There are people out there who study fertility related issues, and look in a microscope and chemically analyze such "fluids" which you have in question.

You might try consulting them, rather than base a fact off of 5 unprotected sexual acts. There are couples who try to get pregnant, and take way more than 5 times to accomplish, so "statistically speaking" you haven't had enough unprotected sex to back up your claim yet. Not to mention you probably haven't been to the dr to have a sperm count, so who knows how fertile you are, or your partner for taht matter.

This is how wive's tales get started. Uneducated people making assumtions about how things are with no evidence to the contrary. Just look up webmd or something until you find your answers.

priority_male

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The chance of a woman getting pregnant even at the most fertile stage of her cycle is about 30% (with sex to ejaculation) and about 2% averaged over the whole cycle so basing your fertility plans on a few goes where no pregnancy resulted is as already suggested poor statistics.
Precum can contain sperm and it only takes one lucky fella to reach the egg!

karmen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wonderboy said:
Thank you Karmen that's exactly what I suspected!

I have a hard time cumming willingly and when I was having unprotected sex I came out long before I felt I was going to cum...

I won't be having unprotected sex for awhile now anyway :)

But thank you Karmen, you rock ;)

Wonderboy:

You are welcome. But not mater what, play it safe. Unprotected sex and pregnancy can, will and does happen.

I have one child and guess how that happened. :rolleyes: LOL. He simply did not pull out before he totally ejaculated. He planted some seeds and he spilt some seeds. And I got a baby out of it.

As college22punk9 suggested, the info on WebMD is different. There is a Ph.D saying that pre-cum DOES contain sperm. Here's the link: http://www.webmd.com/content/article/41/1687_50089.htm

Even when doing research, you will find various "authorities" have different viewpoints on the validity of a claim. Some will say, yes, there is sperm in pre-cum but not enough to cause pregnancy. Others will say, yes, there's sperm in pre-cum and it is enough to cause pregnancy under the correct cirumstances.

However, the reality is that ANY unprotected sexual activity may lead to pregnancy and or spreading of STDs.

Have you thought of trying to use the female condom? That might be a way to get around your using a condom. I've used them and have no complaints on my part. Just a thought. Good luck darlin'.

Hugs and Kisses

Karmen

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks. I always wear a condom now but about a year ago or so I didn't because I didn't have access to them.

When a man cums inside a woman without any contraception involved there is still only a 1/4 chance of conception. Not even cumming inside at all and pulling out long before you cum leaves a very slight chance.

I know its not a perfect method and not one I practice, I just wanted to know that not every dick stuck in a vagina causes a pregnancy, as my friend seems to think.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is a small amount of sperm in precum---but if you are really curious, find someone who has an at least 1500X power microscope, and look at your precum under magnification. LIke all things, different guys will have different amounts. Your spermage may vary.

Wonderboy said:
I am having a disagreement with someone about the potency and statistical probability of precum getting a woman pregnant.

I read a long time ago that precum has NO sperm in it and cannot get a girl pregnant. I have (foolishly, yet due to lack of appropriate condoms) had unprotected sex around five times. Four or so with the same girl, once with another.

In all cases, I did not cum inside, I pulled out. No one is suing me for child support; there were no pregnancies resulting from said coitus'.

I very much doubt precum contains sperm, and anyone who says it does, whoever they based the assumption on, the individual must have ejaculated at least a little bit inside the woman. I precum a lot so unless I have a low sperm count, precum cannot get a girl pregnant.

NB: I know I should have had sex with a condom on but back then I had no access or hardly any knowledge of larger sized condoms. And there was no access to regular condoms; the one and only one I tried was painful. Yet I did use it, once.

Anyway - does it or does it not contain sperm that can get a girl pregnant? And I'd like sources of evidence too please.

I tend to agree with you. I do believe that it has more to do with how far along you are or are near to your ejaculation. Some guys can't seem to differentiate what truly is precum which should be a crystal clear and highly viscous fluid. I get that but if I start getting too excited and far along, like when I edge, my precum will start turning a bit cloudy which indicates to me that some semen is starting to seep out and mix with my precum. I've talked with a few other guys who also notice this but for the most part most men don't realize that there is a difference. To them if they haven't orgasmed or ejaculated, the fluid that seems to be seeping out is mistaken for pure precum.

I think these guys who swear they impregnated their partners with just precum were probably in that later stage of excitement. They may not have cum but they were already seeping semen in their ejaculate.

Bottom line, if you don't know how to your gauge your excitement level, then better keep your penis under wraps. :wink:

rogue_mj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh dear.... As a physician, and STD and Contraceptive Clinic MD, and practising GP-obstetrician, your comments concern me greatly. If you refer to the medical literature, the American Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Royal Society of OBGYN and the Society of Canadian OBGYNs as well as a library of books on contraception and fertility, you will find that the "pullout technique" has a consistent failure rate of around 10 to 15 per 100 woman years. (If you fuck 100 women in a year you would impregnate 10 to 15 of them).

There is a grave misconception (excuse the pun) that seminal emission (precum) has no sperm in it. Sperm are not only found in the testicles, they are found in the entire male genital tract, including the bladder. Sperm can even be found in urine!!!

When guys go for vasectomies, there are so many sperm along the genital tract including the vas deferens, the urethra, etc. that it takes up to 6 weeks to completely clear their "tubes" of sperm despite the vasectomy having cut off the vas deferens from the testes where sperm is produced. Many guys with vasectomies have got their spouses pregnant by not waiting the expected time by flushing their vas and urethra by ejaculating repeatedly USING CONTRACEPTION for that period of time.

There is sperm found in the semen of these guys for many ejaculations after the procedure. But.. yes you say.... precum is not ejaculation..... I know.... but the point I am trying to make is that here we have guys with no sperm coming from their testes..... yet actually carrying sperm from their tracts through the penis.... and coming out in their semen...... which happens with precum too.....precum passes from the cowpers glands and seminal vesicles down the penile shaft and can carry those same sperm.....

Another problem is that many guys actually release sperm from the testes BEFORE they experience an orgasm...... ORGASM does not equal sperm release!!!! The sperm are released prior to the rhythmic contractions of the penis.... and so are OFTEN present BEFORE ejaculation.....

SO YOUR FRIEND IS CORRECT AND YOU ARE WAAAAAYYYYY WRONG bud.......... be careful!!!!!!

Regards
Rogue