Precum

D_Leinskill Laphammer

Just Browsing
Media
Talking to my gf about past partners, she brought up that she was with a guy who produced lots of precum, which apparently was a huge turnon for her. I, on the other hand, produce none at all. I can jack for an hour and not have a drop come out. I was curious as to the variations in precum. Is it more common for men to have it than to not? Does it just come out a little at the beginning of foreplay, oozes out on it's own simply from an erection, or is it something that flows freely with every stroke up until ejaculation?

i read precum is the sign of a bad prostate but im not really sure. precum is the clear liquid that is produced by the prostate that mixes with sperm to provide lubrication for the sperm so it can swim.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Some men "pre" a lot, some just a little, others not at all. We're all different and it really isn't any indication of overall health or prostate problems.

Its not a problem but I think this is sometimes directly related to an enlarged prostate. This precum is not exactly suppose to leak out without first mixing with sperm during ejaculation and that is what I read.
Its good for blow jobs thou and for lube during sex

D_Leinskill Laphammer

Just Browsing
Media
alacarte said:
Its not a problem but I think this is sometimes directly related to an enlarged prostate. This precum is not exactly suppose to leak out without first mixing with sperm during ejaculation and that is what I read.
Its good for blow jobs thou and for lube during sex

Good for blowjobs? As in it tastes good or it's good if you don't have enough spit?

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
erm guys... precum is meant to clean the ureter from urine so the acid urine won't kill the sperm. So don't worry about your prostate :)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Snakebyte said:
erm guys... precum is meant to clean the ureter from urine so the acid urine won't kill the sperm. So don't worry about your prostate :)

Snake's correct. The naturl pH of urine is acidic and since the alkaline semen has to use the same pathway through the penis, the ureter must be 'cleansed.'

I suppose that if you don't produce much precum your body has determined that you don't need it. Everybody's different in that category. I, for one, can't precum at all for the first half-hour or so of arousal but once it starts I precum a lot - must be nature's way of telling me to take my time. :D

jazzz14

Experimental Member
Media
Guys - lets get this correct. Yes precum is meant to clean you out for the sperm to come. Now - it is not produced by the prostrate, its produced by the Cowpers gland. Some guys have a more active Cowpers than others. I precum very little. Google it - you'll see and read.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jazzz14 said:
Guys - lets get this correct. Yes precum is meant to clean you out for the sperm to come. Now - it is not produced by the prostrate, its produced by the Cowpers gland. Some guys have a more active Cowpers than others. I precum very little. Google it - you'll see and read.
Thanks, jazzz... it is produced by the Cowpers gland. And its primary purpose is lubrication, to facilitate that initial penetration.