Prednisone

H8Monga: I may not have the right section and you may not know the answer to this, but I wonder if the drug Prednisone can delay puberty and have an effect on penis growth? I haven't heard clear prrof of that but it could be a possibility. Anyone with a medical or pharmaceutical background or just anyone have anything on this?

BIGBOYDAVE: [quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=health;num=1048872107;start=0#0 date=03/28/03 at 09:21:47]I may not have the right section and you may not know the answer to this, but I wonder if the drug Prednisone can delay puberty and have an effect on penis growth? I haven't heard clear prrof  of that but it could be a possibility. Anyone with a medical or pharmaceutical  background or just anyone have anything on this?[/quote]
Do a search on the drug under google and look up side effects I am sure the answer is there if not let me know
otherwise check out the latest copy of the C P S at your local library if you ask the libririan they will know what C P S stands for

Ineligible: I'll try to see if I can find more later, but at present a quick search on PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/) suggests that long-term use of prednisolone can affect ordinary growth because it can affect growth of the bones, but nevertheless people do end up reaching their normal height, just slower, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10349525&dopt=Abstract. However sexual maturation is reported to be normal, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=3546648&dopt=Abstract, though of course they may not have specifically considered penis size.

hungcuriousNC: My mom takes that for her breathing. She has very bad breathing problems and it seems to be the only thing that helps her recover from Bronchitis and other lung infections. As you probably already know, it's a steroid drug. The biggest side affect to it is that it makes you retain fluid/water and you have weight gain due to it. It is also very hard to come off of. It takes weeks to come off of taking it and the side affects of the drug occur for a period after usage. You really should contact your doctor about your worries and concerns. Also ask the doc about side affects.

H8Monga: I'm not on it now. I was when I was 9 during and after my hospitalization for asthma and again when I was 12 for asthma and pneumonia. I was worried that maybe being put on it during puberty had an effect on puberty itself. I often feel like puberty is in suspension for me. My voice never changed, I am not the typically horny male ( I can look at nudes all day long and hev them not affect me), and I think my penis never grew or barely grew after the second time on it. I know it's a steroid and I remember back then people telling us not to use them because they shrink your privates. I thought this had happened. It did make me gain weight and that's not easy to work off either. I'd ask a doctor when I get another one and muster enough courage to ask him/her in person.

TaMarquis: Hmmm...Well, how tall are you? How tall were your parents? Did your father have a relatively high-pitched voice as well? I'm not too sure about dick size being hereditary, but factors such as height and even voice sometimes are...You may just have a kind of higher-pitched voice than other guys, but don't feel bad. My voice is kind of like that. If I talk too fast, my voice is really high, almost like a females, but when I slow down and talk normally, it isn't.

H8Monga: I'm 5'8"-9". My mother's like 5'3"-4" I don't remember any information on my father. I should probably try to track him down. It might be so that it's just a natural voice kind of like Chris Tucker. I do have a range; I like surprising people with that.

croixbull: Hey guy (yeah it's me),
Got some medical knowledge. Prednisone is very very powerful. It is like the hormone cortisone that is produced by your body when you are under stress times ten. The ages that you mentioned are crucial times to get puberty started. It the doeses were very large it could have thown the whole system off. I saw you are 24 so you've been wondering awhile and it bothers you alot. I urge you to go see a doctor. Be sure to tell him what happened regarding Prednisone. They can test your cortisone system and your testosterone system to see if things are ok. Given what you said about the voice and the weight there could be a problem. You may need hormone supplementation.

This is just a suggestion. Find out more from you doctor.
CB

H8Monga: Thanks CB. I will go to a doctor and ask again when I get the money or those benefits kick in. A couple of years ago I did ask a doctor about my voice and he tested my testosterone and when I came back he said the levels were normal, I just had a youthful voice. I've wanted a second opinion so maybe I'll get one and this time mention my concerns with Prednisone, which I've only thought about recently.

TaMarquis: Yeah, me too, Hapi Papi. I hope everything turns out for the better.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Predsione by and large is a steroid, not one of the more deadly steroids, but one just the same. Primarily, it's used for some asthma patients. I know this because my brother used it when he was younger, and now he's 6'3, and got some bass in his voice.