prefer love or being single?

dibo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hey just signed up for this site . been lurking a while here enjoying the stuff i read especially in this relationships and jealousy area. my english is soso

i was wondering for a while bout what u all here prefer more ..being in a cozy lovey dovey relationship with ur girl / partner chilling at home watching forensic files , investigation discovery, american idol, and all that other COUPLE tv shows. eating at home and never going out .. treating your dog like "our baby" ..sleeping at 11 pm.. saying "i love you" every few hours.. being "COZY" AT HOME on weekends ..... and all that couple in love stuff ...you get my drift

or

being single and being able to DO WHAT U WANT WHEN U WANT, enjoying crazy sex with new partners, sleeping late waking up late and all that good stuff that comes with being single ?

and to those prefer the "couple life" how do u feel when u pass by some bar or club and see all those people having thrills and excite while u are walking home with some supermarket begs filled with snacks to watch some TV :wink:

Tense0000

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I fell for few years and ended up breaking every bone in my heart. Now....single is better.

D

deleted509196

LOVE. Definitely.

In the past, when I didn't have feelings for anyone and was single - I could have said both have good/bad points. Sometimes though, with heartbreak, I've thought about giving up on relationships. I'm SO glad I didn't really. I've never been in love before, but now I have, I don't ever want to be single again.

Come to think of it, we are NOT like the "couple" was described, we are both much more free/liberated as if we were single - but we do it together. OK we can't just pull random people (although I think if it REALLY came down to it, if we were both open about it, it's possible we could be more open... but then there's jealous to think about and also that all we REALLY want is each other - and that's a powerful feeling!), but in my experience that's only fun when there is no other option, and when you leave and realize it was just "fun" but you don't love each other or whatever, it can make you feel a bit empty inside. At least til the next fun hook-up! In my experience in the past, at least. When I was single. There are times it could be fun, but it could also be lonely.

Me and my guy - we go out drinking, and we have amazing passion and fun WITH love added as a bonus. Having ONE guy (or girl, whatever) that you can enjoy things with, is better than loads of random people. The way I see it. I think we still do what we want etc too.

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Being in love is wonderful and being in love for a long time is even better. But since Fate has not thrown that my way, I decided to embrace my singleness rather than lament my aloneness. Therefore, I am LOVING being single and am not looking to fall in love.... at least not yet. :)

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
I guess that depends on many factors.

1. How young/old and inexperienced/experienced you are.
2. How attractive you are (Sadly appereance plays a big role on getting multiple partners)
3. How "big" you are and how well you use it. (Another sad reality)
4. What makes you feel better. (It is different for everybody)
5. How much you love to go to YOUR bed alone. (You can go to your bed with someone and still feel lone)
6. What are you looking for.

You have to experience being in love to be able to equate singleness. Is like someone asking me, what does a mango tastes like? I just can't explain that. You have to try it!

Also, falling in love is different everytime. You will discover things you never knew were there.

I do crave being single sometimes, but when I weight what I have against some bits of pleasure, I get the answer immediately! I choose to be in love! I am exercising my freedom! When problems arrive, I AM NOT ALONE AND I LOVE IT MORE AND MORE! Life is good!

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have to experience much more of the world before I can decide on a partner. Although I already know I'd like to live on the west coast already.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOVE

“Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.” Bertrand Russell

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Loneliness is the space between what you want and what you have. I enjoy the first few months of a relationship, then it gets old. If I could have it my way I would fall in love with a new girl every year or two for the rest of my life.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Both cases are too extreme. Being in a relation doesn't mean you have to stay home with each other and only live with each other.

I would like a relationship, I want a bit of love and affection. But I don't want my partner to be "glued" at me

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, this is a false dichotomy. The partners life does not have to be so cuddly, and the singles life does not have to be so heartless.

I and a number of partners have open but stable relationships and take turns with each other to increase our enjoyment of life. Sometimes there is a child, either pre-existing or created. A partner of mine recently found out he was going to be a dad, with someone I have not met. I am glad for him and hope he is as good a father to that one as he has been to his many other children. He can afford them all, luckily.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love for me. We are certainly not glued together. We don't even like the same tv programs. In fact, he basically hates tv. I love American Idol. He can't stand it.

We eat out like five times a week. I'm a fantastic cook. And he's a gourmet cook but couldn't clean a pot if his life depended on it.

He knows how to make me feel good, and I know what he wants.

We're still newlyweds and will be celebrating 11 years this year.

I did the single thing for a long time after my first marriage. Sure you have your freedom, but what are you going to do with it? He was the same way.

I can't see my life any other way right now nor would I want to. This is perfect for me.