prefer love or being single?

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer being single in the capacity that I am a terrible romantic partner. I prefer being in a relationship otherwise.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I love being in love with my partner. Long story short we are nothing like the OP portrays an "in love" couple to be. Quite the opposite actually. We both are not opposed to trying new things out. We are not housebound and we do not "hold reigns" on the other. Joca said it well...trust. So far it has worked for us and I enjoy not coming home to an empty house. I do understand what it is like to be married or in a couple relationship and still feel alone when you come home even if your partner is at home. But I don't feel that at all this time. We travel together, we laugh together, we do a lot of things together because we truly enjoy one another both emotionally and physically. But we don't strangle the other by not allowing each other the freedom to pursue other interests besides those attached to being a couple.

Seems to work for me so far. I know I am very lucky.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll take being in love and an awesome relationship any day over being single. The benefits from love/relationship FAR outway being single. Sure being single is great doing what ever/whenever/whoever but that's just because i don't have a relationship that takes priority.
Its the best thing ever to be with a woman that is on the same page sexually, emotionally that you can be honest with and her with you, that you are able to be comfortable with each other and have the same priorities in life. I miss that.

D

deleted3782

You have GOT to be able to enjoy yourself as a single person, otherwise you are constantly rushing into the next relationship to fill the empty spot beside you. If you are happy being solo, then being in a relationship can be nice, but it's not a necessity. Way too many people fall into relationships simply to be in a relationship. That's just scary to me.

bigbulgelicker45

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love being single (unfortunately, I was in an abusive relationship with the same guy off and on over the years) but I miss the company of being with someone.

Generally, I hang around with married or single women (the married ones' husbands know about me and know they won't be getting into any trouble) and we do have fun when we go out together.

If I were in a relationship I doubt we'd live together since I like my independence. I think both has its unique set of dis/advantages, so for now I'll stay single (unless Mr. Right comes along!).

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I prefer to be single. Too many people seek to fill internal voids with relationships instead of working out problems ...

Life is too short, so I hold by the fact people need to do what makes them truly happy, and if being in a relationship does that, do it. It's not about freedom, it's about happiness.

I agree with much of what you wrote. In fact, I have always been a believer that until you work out or at least come to a clear understanding of your own issues when you are by yourself, you will not be able to build and sustain successful romantic relationships.

That said, I don't know too many "Happily Single" people who haven't just replaced their desire to be in a nice relationship with lots of sex, abstinence, and/or self-hypnosis.

kinkymike5469

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am single and have a part time girlfriend. I say part time because, sometimes she meets other guys who give her money.
I can see other women if I want to. It is usually hard for me to meet women. The ones I do find are pay for play women.
It's not the ideal relationship, but my girl gives the best head I have ever gotten. It's probably all the practice she gets. Yes, she is a slut ,, so what.
As long as I get my share of sex, it really doesn't matter whose cock she sucks or sucks.
It even turns me on most of the time. I would love to watch her in action, but it only happened a couple of times.
Would anybody like the best blow job ever?

VoyeurEx

Legendary Member
Media
Being SINGLE does NOT mean being WITHOUT LOVE!

I am SINGLE and FREE TO MINGLE! I can find SEX when I want it...and NOT have to PAY for it!

I have LOTS of FRIENDS whom I really LOVE! I travel, I go out on weekends, and have LONG PHONE conversations!

The IDEA of being in a relationship makes me say, "OH the very iDEA!"

BEEN there...DONE that! The never lasted LONG because I got tired of the GAMES and of having my quiet nature being mistaken for WEAKNESS!

I've had WOMEN who thought they were going to USE me to get MONEY!

I've had GUYS who thought I'd be IN TO having an M2M relationship!

And frankly, I'm TIRED of people trying to put LABELS on me!

If I die never having been MARRIED or in a long-term relationship of many years, I will still feel WHOLE and COMPLETE!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't have much to add to what has been written here already, but I was single for many years and loved every minute of it. It was during this time that I learned to be self sufficient and not need anyone to fill any void in my life. In short I evolved into what I had once thought of as my ideal mate; it was then that I was able to discover who my soulmate really was. We are living happily ever after, it's a lot of work and frustrating at times and from someone who never was able to compromise in the past I would not change one thing about our life, difficulties, tears and laughter. Every night before I go to sleep and every morning when I wake up and see his face on the pillow I thank my lucky stars for us finding each other.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Being SINGLE does NOT mean being WITHOUT LOVE!

I am SINGLE and FREE TO MINGLE! I can find SEX when I want it...and NOT have to PAY for it!

I have LOTS of FRIENDS whom I really LOVE! I travel, I go out on weekends, and have LONG PHONE conversations!

The IDEA of being in a relationship makes me say, "OH the very iDEA!"

BEEN there...DONE that! The never lasted LONG because I got tired of the GAMES and of having my quiet nature being mistaken for WEAKNESS!

I've had WOMEN who thought they were going to USE me to get MONEY!

I've had GUYS who thought I'd be IN TO having an M2M relationship!

And frankly, I'm TIRED of people trying to put LABELS on me!

If I die never having been MARRIED or in a long-term relationship of many years, I will still feel WHOLE and COMPLETE!
FUCK YEAH! :AR15firing:
The bitches can find some other sucker to scam.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Flying Solo all the way .. these days
and LOVING it'

prefer love or being single?

as for the Love component of the Ops Q
plenty of that continues to flow .. to others.
enz

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm nearing 22 and I've never so much as hugged anyone besides family or close (female) friends. So I tend to be rather lonely. I would give anything to feel loved~ and swoon over someone else. If only for a brief moment in time.

Don't rush yourself. Concentrate on making yourself more like your ideal partner and more ideal partners WILL pick up on it. Then the learning and living begin.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer being part of a couple, but when I was single, I enjoyed myself.

I do not feel restricted or limited by being in a monogamous relationship. I feel freer to be myself, and express more of myself. I don't mind passing by a crowded club on my way home, because that's so not my scene. If I pass a crowded bar, that might be a place I would like to check out on my Honey's arm.

I wonder why when people ask this question there are always these extremes put on it. My husband I do not stay home all the time (we love the beach, movies, restaurants, other people's houses). When we are home, he watches a TON of TV, but I don't like television, so I do something else about half the time. I love that even this far into our relationship we tell each other "I love you". If I want to go out with friends, I do it. If I want to do something lone, I do it. He's my husband, not my warden. Toward the end of my single life, I was definitely tired of being single, and looking to meet my someone special.

When I was single, I enjoyed meeting new men, and exploring them as people and sexual beings. Now I still meet new people, I just don't explore them as sexual beings. I prefer to meet people who are in a couple as I am, because that's less awkward for them. I'm in a saccharine sweet relationship, and most single friends get a little sick of the cuteness. Also, single friends often want to do activities that involve being available to meet new men, and that's just not where my life is right now.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Being single is fun but finding a partner that compliments you is a gift. Developing your own language together, discovering surprising and wonderful new things about their personality, sharing your passions, and building a safe haven for each other makes the fun parts much more so and the difficult times easier to bear.