Prefered Personality Type?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by String21, Nov 7, 2010.

1. String21

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Okay, first off, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Anyway!

There are plenty of threads in here asking what type of penis women like more, sexual advice, etc etc, but I was wondering what kind of personality do you gals like your man to have?

I know, this is an opinion thing, so no two women will have exactly the same answer, but I'm curious about what you all have to say.

Thank you! :D

2. CooperLex

CooperLex New Member

Confident man with a sense of humor that respect themselves, show spine and don't let women walk all over them but without being an asshole/jerk.

"Dominant, sensitive men" - which totally doesn't make sense in the logical world of men, but actually does, as it means a men that is dominant when he should be dominant and sensitive when he should be sensitive.

A bad boy in the bedroom, a nice guy (but one that respects himself) on the streets.

In short: a rare thing to find ..

(i'm male btw, so all wrong)

3. D_Hillary_Clitton

D_Hillary_Clitton Account Disabled

I'm personally attracted to smart, funny guys. Someone who I can talk to for hours and someone who can keep me laughing. Also a bit of charm goes a long way :)

4. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    Type A as a starting place. :wink:

5. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow, this is a difficult question. I don't know that I have a certain personality that I'm attracted to. More like a list of qualities that I enjoy. In the end it comes down to how we are when it's just the two of us and how he acts around me when we are out somewhere. Those things make or break whether or not I think we should be together.

I like a lot of different types of guys. I think the most important traits would be that he's sincere, entertaining yet not sarcastic to the point of being rude. No overly snarky comments are appreciated by me. I dislike it when people make jokes at the sake of others feelings. Kindness, ranks way up on my list of important qualities.

I like quiet guys and guys that talk a lot. We could go to a party and he could be quiet the entire time we are out, as long as he talks when it's just the two of us I would still find comfort in our time together.

I like a man that notices what's going on when we go somewhere. Though I'm completely capable of taking care of myself, I like the guy that's sort of protective even from across the room. I could look over and at some point he's going to glance my way, just checking on me. That makes me feel safe and loved.

In the end when it comes down to the two of us he's attentive, yet not smothering. Is ok with letting me hang out with my friends and he has hobbies/ friends of his own. Doesn't find the things I talk about unimportant. I understand he may not care about the new whatever it is I just found or what I did all day, but he enjoys the interaction time with me.

Oh and I have to throw this out there. Guys I've never met a man and wondered about his penis. Not what size it is or how it looks. That is normally WAY down the list of what I'm interested in. Looks rank lower as well. If your not a troll and you smell good, your teeth are clean and all intact and your hands and nails, hair and body are clean you've already gotten past my EW radar.

6. Hardballin

Hardballin New Member

same as what men want in women, funny confident. come on now!

7. badgirl22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    First all I want a brilliant man with a sense of humor. He must work hard - no lazy bones for me. He must have a lot of interests and be well rounded. I like people who are interesting - do interesting things, talk about interesting things, want to learn interesting things...

He must be respectful of others, confident to slightly arrogant, care about his family and the people in his life, not badmouth others. I like it when other people admire him. He must not be too clingy and yet want to be around me. Outgoing. Independent and financially smart. Generous with others (not necessarily me). He must be in touch with his emotions yet be in control of them. Above all...he must be honest. I cannot stand a liar. I detest liars. And yet...I date one...go figure.:confused:

8. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Lets just say, at a party i am the girl trying to chat up the shy nerd who is standing in the corner.
    :heart:

9. basincreek

basincreek New Member

Albums:
    Sounds like the book jacket description for some fantasy romance novel's protagonist. :biggrin1: Not bad.

Shy nerds go to parties now? When did that start happening?

10. String21

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I go to parties sometimes in the hopes of being social, then kinda stand around being awkward and quiet...

11. Chantillylace

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm actually on the border of considering "no man" as the best type for me. :D
    I'm only joking...
    Common interests, goals are important. Also, sense of humor, and confidence. I could go on forever, but I'll just get depressed because I'll never find him.. *rolls eyes*

12. basincreek

basincreek New Member

Albums:
    That's better than me. I was a shy nerd that never, ever went to parties. Not in high school, college....not even now.

We need some sort of machine to build Chantillylace her perfect man! I'd volunteer to help create it but I don't want to be a part of something that will make regular men obsolete.

13. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    i'm pretty flexible, but a few must-haves off the top of my head

caveat: may be incomplete

marked intelligence/wisdom
    non-judging
    good listener
    wicked and goofy sense of humor
    very sexual/kinky
    private/respectful
    laid-back/freedom-oriented
    good balance, fair-minded
    highly passionate
    primarily assertive, but knows which situations call for passive or aggressive

caveat #2: a lot of these things tie into each other

#13 Enid, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  14. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

No, not all wrong!! Not for me anyway. For me this is all right!!!!

I could think of a whole lot of other things, some of which would be deal breakers, but this is the heart of what I really want.

15. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

This is going to be a long answer. My boyfriends personality is perfect for me. :tongue: Let's see... where do I even start...

• Easy, perverted, corny sense of humor. Willing to engage in foam sword fights in the toy aisle of Wal-Mart at 3am.
    • Able to carry on intelligent conversation, or engage in debate without it becoming personal.
    • Confident yet modest. My boyfriend has mastered that. He has almost no insecurities, can talk to any stranger that makes conversation with him, doesn't ever really doubt his abilities in anything... but at the same time, he's completely oblivious to him even being like that. Lol.
    • A man who doesn't just LISTEN to what I have to say, but actually HEARS me. I swear, when my boyfriend listens to me vent, it's like he's capturing my entire soul at the same time. He always knows exactly what I mean, exactly how I feel, is incredibly good at relating to me even if he hasn't been in that situation before, and always says the exact right thing to make me feel better - without even trying.
    • Open-minded, willing to try new things.
    • Non-judgmental. This is vital.
    • Passionate about his beliefs and opinions.
    • Doesn't let people walk all over him.
    • Affectionate and sexual.
    • Not clingy. I can't accentuate this enough. Don't confuse this with aloof or not-caring. I want my boyfriend to want me, and I want him to want to be around me, but I don't want him to NEED me. I want to be the icing on the cake in his life, not the flour that's necessary for the cake to even exist. Make sense?
    • Someone who respects my privacy, my need for the occasional bits of "alone time", and who doesn't guilt trip me when I go out without him.
    • Someone who's close with his family and gets along well with them. My boyfriend is 25 and still gives his mom and dad hugs and kisses before he leaves the house. I freakn LOVE IT. I've never had that, I'm so jealous of his family and how close and supportive they are.
    • I want a man that is assertive, but not aggressive. And certainly not passive-aggressive! :eek:
    • Respect. That's paramount to getting involved in my life period, I don't care who or what you are. Respect is massive with me.
    • Someone who's as honest as they can be, emotionally and otherwise.

Okay. I think that's it for now. :tongue: I'm sure I can come up with more at some point! lol.

#15 IntoxicatingToxin, Nov 9, 2010
  16. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I may steal your list, Enid! Well, except for the kinky stuff, I'm not really into that.

The sense of humor is key. My husband is a very confident Type B personality. He will never be in your face with how great he is, but he is. He's super talented and very funny, but you'll never see him listed as the life of the party. He will just suddenly emerge as the life of the party! It's really funny to see it happen time and time again. The guy with the lampshade will soon lose his audience to Cap who just holds court in the corner, usually with a bunch of women around him, just having fun. I love to watch him do that.

And of course at night in bed when we're just talking he'll make me laugh. I can't count the number of time I've had to get up and run to the bathroom from laughing! I'm serious! If he weren't so shy he'd make a great stand-up comedian.

But it's all balanced with a genuine decency as a person. Someone who truly cares not only about me but others. He takes his work seriously and has an awesome sense of responsibility.

Anyone want to join the fan club? Wow, made him to sound like a saint (which he ain't!).

But he's pretty much the perfect personality type for me.

17. basincreek

basincreek New Member

Albums:
    Damnit it seems all the women want someone that's "confident."

Are there no women that like those of us that have little confidence or are they all in prison for various crimes related to their sociopathy?

18. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    i have to admit i equate no (absolute zero) confidence with total passivity which is not appealing to me...

...but just shy, maybe a little geeky? i like that. :biggrin1:

#18 Enid, Nov 9, 2010
  19. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Nope, you need to work on it honey :tongue:

Well, I guess there are a few, but I'm guessing they are few and far between.

20. basincreek

basincreek New Member

Albums:
    What exactly do you mean by the bolded part?

...or in prison. :biggrin1:

So there's no women that look at a guy that's not confident and decides she's going to "fix" him by showing him that a woman can find him attractive (in ways other than confidence)?

Seems weird because I know that there are guys that do that with women. Maybe this is one of those differences between the genders.

Draft saved Draft deleted