Prefering one race sexualy

D

deleted518773

I think and treat all races equaly and don't believe any one group is less then another. But have a strong taste for black men. I'm sure it doesn't make me racist as we all have our own sexual preferances. Does anyone else have this happen to them and what are are your thoughts, and why?

amendmentx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Some guys like blondes some guys like brunettes. Everyone has something that they like and we all look different. Skin tone IMO is no different. I like you am attracted to black guys as well. Just something about them i guess. Some people will say otherwise. But perfectly normal to have your own preferences.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's completely normal your attracted to who you are attracted to. I have always been attracted to white men and native american men a few times and I have only ever found one black man attractive and he was in the Halo video. I think no matter the skin tone, hair color, eye color, height or weight we all have our ideal type.

NoFear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. I have always wondered what it would be like to have sex with people from different cultures. Before getting married I was with a southeast asian (not sure of exact location), black lady, italian, polish, jewish(Israeli).

Variety is the spice of life, why limit yourself...

I have had sex with White, Asian and hispanic women. But I have never been attracted to a black woman. Ever. Can't explain it. They just don't do it to me. I don't think it is racist in any way. Like an above poster said, some prefer different hair color. Probably the same type of thing.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
I think it's completely normal your attracted to who you are attracted to. I have always been attracted to white men and native american men a few times and I have only ever found one black man attractive and he was in the Halo video. I think no matter the skin tone, hair color, eye color, height or weight we all have our ideal type.

a halo video?!!! that was too funny..(i'm black by the way)

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
some of the hottest people i've known and been attracted to personally were racially mixed. something magical happens when you stir the pot. and it seems the more disperate the ethnicities involved are, the hotter the result. a french/pacific islander, a mexican/russian, and a black/asian are just some of the hot halfbreeds i know.

so to answer the question: no i'm not attracted to just one race. but if you are i dont' think that makes you racist.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a halo video?!!! that was too funny..(i'm black by the way)

Lol yeah you know the Beyonce video ( i think thats how you spell her name I listen to country mostly) anyway he's a cutie pie his eyes are so beautiful. I have a GF who's married to a black guy and she disagree's with me. But I think he's cute.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I were attracted to black women or Asian men I'd be the happiest guy in the world because those two groups come on to me like crazy. I wish white frat boys experienced the same affect when I walk in the room, but alas!

Being sexually attracted to one race (even your own) is no more racist than gay guys only being attracted to men would be considered sexist, and no one ever says that. Not sure why same race attraction would be thought of differently by some people but there are those who will call you racist if you are only attracted to your own race. However sexual attraction is not a conscious decision any more than liking strawberries more than pineapple is a conscious decision. One appeals to you and the other doesn't.

captainwhackit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It's just political correctness making you feel guilty for something you have no reason to feel guilty about. I mostly prefer white guys, but if I went even further, I could say I like mostly straight guys too. More specific than that, I love Polish guys.
These are all preferences. It doesn't mean you value any person who you're not sexually attracted to any less as a Human, it's just taste.

It's no different to preferring blonds over brunettes, would that make you "hair-ist"? lol

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
In response to the OP, it can't possibly be racist to prefer partners of a specific other race than your own, unless you have some philosophy that said race is otherwise superior to others. Never heard of any such thing. But in response to others' emphatic (sometimes defensive-sounding) denial of racism, ethnocentrism can limit your enjoyment of life regardless of whether or not it is attached to a racist philosophy. I have noticed anecdotally, and think I recall seeing stats to the effect, that US gay men have far more interest and inclination to sex outside their own "racial" group than straights. Why might that be?

We are all subjected to conditioning from birth that includes messages about appropriate kinds of friends, spouses, etc.-- and to the extent that past racist beliefs have defined black partners as inappropriate in various ways for whites, sexual ethnocentrism can be ROOTED in societal racism even though the present-day person with limited sexual horizons is not consciously racist. Gay people have already had to discard the typically very strongest taboo about inappropriate sex partners, so we're less likely to respect the rest of them we have learned.

Here's a site that can help people understand their own implicit biases and get over the knee-jerk "I am NOT racist" defensiveness of their conscious mind to actually look at themselves as unconscious actors. What I learned from one sample test, to my own chagrin but not surprise really on reflection, is that I see white and black people's faces as those of normal regular Americans like me, but Native American faces register as foreign others. (Irony in that, no? And would guess that results would be similar re Asian and Hispanic faces since I grew up hardly seeing any.)
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it's all about sexual chemistry..people mix and match all over the place, from what I've seen and experienced. Sex seems to trump race/ethnic hassles. However, messing around all over the place doesn't mean a lack of nasty racism isn't out there, sad to say.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think and treat all races equaly and don't believe any one group is less then another. But have a strong taste for black men. I'm sure it doesn't make me racist as we all have our own sexual preferances. Does anyone else have this happen to them and what are are your thoughts, and why?

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I am a white guy who is attracted only to dark-skinned men. I've never really figured out why. It can't be a dick size issue because I've seen big white monsters that do absolutely nothing for me. Plus I was attracted to men of colour long before I heard the whole 'black men are bigger...' theory. I don't think it's even a skin-colour issue because I'm not attracted to dark-skinned women or children.

I don't know why I am the way I am and TBH, it doesn't really bother me anymore. Before I figure out why I'm attracted to men of colour, I'd probably have to figure out why I'm gay. I accept who I am rather than question it.

Life is too short to analyse every little detail. I think life would be so boring if we knew the answers to everything. Sometimes not knowing why you're attracted to someone is what makes the initial attraction so exciting.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
People who are only attracted, or not attracted, to one specific race make me feel uncomfortable. I can kind of understand it when they are only attracted to their own race, but only being attracted to a different race has always seemed very odd to me.

I think that being attracted to one race over another is not a natural attraction that someone is born with. I think it's something that one develops over time based on the prejudices and stereotypes of society. People who prefer one race to another, in my mind, are rarely attracted to the individual. They instead look at their partner as a list of stereotypes and judge them based on how stereotypical they are.

I think another factor is status. Some races, in the minds of racists, are lower/higher than others. So those who feel they are in one of the "lower" races, feel a need to "date-up" by seeing someone of a different race. The reverse of this is those who are part of the "higher" race, who are not good enough to get with someone of their own race, so they intentionally "date-down." Believing that because they are part of a "higher" race, they will easily be able to obtain a partner from the "lower" races. Both of these groups will try to say that they just have a preference, but in reality they are just dating up/down.

All these actions sicken me and are why I am very mistrusting of those in interracial relationships.

Nike93

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
People who are only attracted, or not attracted, to one specific race make me feel uncomfortable. I can kind of understand it when they are only attracted to their own race, but only being attracted to a different race has always seemed very odd to me.

I think that being attracted to one race over another is not a natural attraction that someone is born with. I think it's something that one develops over time based on the prejudices and stereotypes of society. People who prefer one race to another, in my mind, are rarely attracted to the individual. They instead look at their partner as a list of stereotypes and judge them based on how stereotypical they are.

I think another factor is status. Some races, in the minds of racists, are lower/higher than others. So those who feel they are in one of the "lower" races, feel a need to "date-up" by seeing someone of a different race. The reverse of this is those who are part of the "higher" race, who are not good enough to get with someone of their own race, so they intentionally "date-down." Believing that because they are part of a "higher" race, they will easily be able to obtain a partner from the "lower" races. Both of these groups will try to say that they just have a preference, but in reality they are just dating up/down.

All these actions sicken me and are why I am very mistrusting of those in interracial relationships.

Never have I read anything more ignorant. People like what they like and it's just that simple. Most of the time it has nothing to do with stereotypes. No one cares about higher or lower race because no race is above the other PERIOD and people that date interracially obviously know that. Tiger Woods only dates white because that's just what he likes. The Kardashian sisters date black because that's what they like and they grew up around nothing but other white people with the same "status" as them. So status has nothing to do with it in my opinion. Your putting too much thought into something that is so simple...thinking that one race is below your own is obviously racist and I can't imagine anybody dating someone on that factor alone because they would indeed be a racist. "Hmm I'm black and I feel like nobody in my own ethnic group will ever be good enough for me so im going to only date white women..." Is that what you think people say? Bill Cosby doesn't like his own people but he has a black wife....your entire argument is moot...

Last edited: