Pregnancy and Sex

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by voodooyoudo, Aug 1, 2011.

1. voodooyoudo

voodooyoudo Member

Since my wife is now about 3 months pregnant, I've noticed that a few positions either don't feel good or are uncomfortable for her. These are usually positions that go deep or are aimed towards the cervix/uterus, and understandably so.

Have any of you ladies experienced this? What else do we have to look expect? Any good suggestions?

Thank you!

Also, I'm not looking for advice for just us, I'd like to start a dialogue. I haven't seen anything like this on the site anywhere, surprisingly.

#1 voodooyoudo, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. dolfette

Gold Member

everything felt wrong when i was pregnant!
    at the start, every jiggle brought on morning sickness. further on, there wasn't room for me to breath let alone fit a dick in there, because everything inside me felt so squashed by baby volume.

bleurgh! memories!

3. justacynic

justacynic Member

My suggestion is to keep at it and whatever you do, do not simply forego having sex.

4. dolfette

Gold Member

always?
    i mean...does his wife get a say in this scenario?
    and...if sex stops feeling pleasurable for her and just feels uncomfortable or even painful, would any loving partner really want her to continue? really?

5. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Petite made a lot of posts talking about the changes she went through while she was pregnant. Try doing a search for posts by her, with 'pregnant' as the search term.

6. MickeyLee

Gold Member

Ms. Subgirrrl so beat me to it.
    second on Ms. Petite's post history

7. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Wish I remembered but it only happened once. He would barely touch me when I was pregnant. Just one of the many reasons he's now an ex.

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

You had one of those, too, huh? A guy who puts the 'ex' in sex :biggrin1: - Bum deal, innit?

9. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

When I see then words 'pregnancy' and 'sex' together in a sentence, I instantly think of Petite.

10. poultrygal

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sex was GREAT pregnant...if done right and with love of a partner. In the beginning it was a little harder with the morning sickness, but after that it was truly amazing. Take care with her and don't make it about trying to go as hard and fast as possible, sometimes that is great, if she wants it. If it hurts when you go to deep, try lay on your sides and doing a laying down doggy style, that helped us a lot. It is also good later in pregnancy when she can't get on her knees and you don't want to put pressure on her belly.

Just dont forget that her hormones CRAZY right now and forgoing all together might not be good ( unless that is what she wants). I was horny ALL the time.

11. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:

Ofcourse his wife should get a say! Its her body! I think his intent, just my opinion, was to say "dont stop being intimate". If sexual intercourse becomes uncomfy or painful what about sensual massage? Or mutual masturbation? There are many ways to show affection and stay connected with your preggers spouse. It can't be easy being a pregnant woman I can imagine. =/

12. dolfette

Gold Member

i'm looking back at the bloated, grouchy, hormonal beast i was during my second pregnancy and thinking, ''not a chance, mate!''
    but looking back at my first pregnancy i'm thinking, ''ok!''

13. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:

Lol, I understand, as much as I can heh. I am hoping I have the skills needed to deal with my hormonal "beast" when she arrives. I think plenty of "yes dears" will be in order lol. I like being able to give back to my wife, so hopefully during that time I can shine heh. But I have a huge amount of literature on the subject, plus the wise insight of the womangs here to guide me. I think if she was having a rough pregger day and I switched on the 40's( we love classic music) and rubbed her back and or feet with a glass of whatever she may like that day, cause wine is out of the question I think. I'm pretty sure I can sooth the savageness. But that failing there is always just plain ole hugs. She's a sucker for em... As am I.

As long as you treat your woman with love and respect and make her feel like she is the center of your world at that moment I'm sure whatever savageness will fade. Its all ebb and flow. Hormones up, hormones down. Love is still there. If my wifes ovulation cycle is any indication she will be quite frisky. =]

14. redz_rule

Gold Member

Awwww... I have a lump in my throat reading that! If my experience is anything to go by, you may really have to hold on to that thought at times ;)

15. Incocknito

Gold Member

I have a lump after seeing your pics. But it's not in my throat... :tongue:

But on topic: I've known healthy women who can't do certain positions (or won't, should I say) so its not surprising that a pregnant woman is picky about dicky.

It will probably pass after she "drops"...

16. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:

Lol I've had to already hold onto that before. I've brought out the savage before and had to weather the storm.( I deserved it) so I may be more practiced than some heh.

@Incocknito

That is about the most unsavory term for having a child I have ever heard lol. Maybe I'm thrown off by it because I'm in a diff place in my life now. Was just kinda disgusted by the word. No slight meant on you. :biggrin1:

17. poultrygeist

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes, you were, but so was I and you looked stunning pregnant! :smlove2:

18. Incocknito

Gold Member

19. MickeyLee

Gold Member

birds of a feather *are sooo damn cute*

20. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:

I've always thought the pregnant female form was gorgeous. Not sure what one element does it but its extremely appealing and like you say "stunning".

Draft saved Draft deleted