Pregnancy prevention without the use of condoms

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't entirely sure where to post this thread, so I figured this was a good place to start.

I would like to open up a discussion about how to prevent a potential unintended pregnancy without a male, me, having to use condoms. I just can't get them to work for me at all, they are very uncomfortable and/or I don't feel a thing.....which to me renders the act of sex with them on totally pointless. I'm asking this out of a desire to prevent a pregnancy in a monogamous relationship, so I'm not overly worried about acquiring an STD.

I used to have this idea that I'd have my sperm stored in a cryo bank and then get a vasectomy, purely for the reason of preventing an accidental pregnancy but also wanting to eventually reproduce. However, after tallying up the long term financial costs, including the artificial insemination of my banked sperm, I figured that this was not worth it for me. Also, I had read up on some potential long term discomfort in that area during sex/ejaculation, which further strengthened my opinion against this option.

Of course I am familiar with birth control pills, but I've also had this opinion, based on observations and scientific data, that these can possibly be unhealthy for a woman. I may be a bit outdated on this, and if I am please feel free to inform me, but I want my female partner to be healthy and not have any possible long term complications from artificial hormonal use.

I'm also familiar with IUDs and this seems like a possible better alternative, due to the smaller dosage of hormones that her body would be exposed to.

Any input or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Check the Pearl Index of each birth control method. The majority are methods done by the woman (oral contraceptives, per example) and none prevent contracting an STI or passing one for your partner (the only form of safe sex is through condom use).

Reactions: sangheili90

Check the Pearl Index of each birth control method. The majority are methods done by the woman (oral contraceptives, per example) and none prevent contracting an STI or passing one for your partner (the only form of safe sex is through condom use).

The OP specifically mentions this would be for a monogamous relationship, so the STI/STD risk is not something he's overly worried about.....

Anyway, sangheili:

I had to have an abdominal surgery to get an IUD removed, after it punctured and passed through my uterine wall and was floating around in the abdominal cavity. They're pretty fucking painful to get put in, and pretty fucking painful to have removed, even when it's being removed the normal way. So. I intensely recommend NOT asking a partner to use that as a contraceptive method. You don't want to use condoms, you don't want to have a female partner on the pill, because hormones, so that likely also means you wouldn't want them using the patch, or nuvaring......... so your options are kinda limited, dude.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The OP specifically mentions this would be for a monogamous relationship, so the STI/STD risk is not something he's overly worried about.....

Anyway, sangheili:

I had to have an abdominal surgery to get an IUD removed, after it punctured and passed through my uterine wall and was floating around in the abdominal cavity. They're pretty fucking painful to get put in, and pretty fucking painful to have removed, even when it's being removed the normal way. So. I intensely recommend NOT asking a partner to use that as a contraceptive method. You don't want to use condoms, you don't want to have a female partner on the pill, because hormones, so that likely also means you wouldn't want them using the patch, or nuvaring......... so your options are kinda limited, dude.

I didn't say I don't want her to take pills, but I'm concerned about any possible long term health implications she may have while on the pill. I could be totally wrong, but I've read some data and known some women who had issues with birth control pills.....but like I said I might be a bit outdated on this.

D

deleted871301

Sex without a condom = a HIGH risk of a potential pregnancy.

Are you ready to become a father?

I didn't say I don't want her to take pills, but I'm concerned about any possible long term health implications she may have while on the pill. I could be totally wrong, but I've read some data and known some women who had issues with birth control pills.....but like I said I might be a bit outdated on this.

Well, a quick google search (which I'm not linking some, because some of them have content that may break the ToS) resulted in things like:

"Can Birth Control Pills Cause Infertility?
Birth control pills have been available by prescription for more than 60 years and have extensive scientific data to support the safety and efficacy of oral contraceptives. Fernando Gomez, M.D. of the Reproductive Medicine Institute in Orlando, Florida, says there is no scientific evidence that birth control pills cause infertility. “This idea is a common misconception of patients using birth control pills for prolonged periods of time. Birth control pills are the most effective reversible therapy to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. In fact, since birth control pills inhibit ovulation, some studies have suggested that the use of birth control pills may have a positive effect on preserving women’s ovarian reserve, the number of eggs available for ovulation,” Gomez advises.

Birth control pills contain the hormones estrogen and progesterone which send signals to the brain to stop producing follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) which would cause eggs to mature and ovulate in a natural cycle. The effects of these hormones cause the uterine lining to remain thin (not receptive to embryo implantation), and cause cervical mucus to be too hostile of an environment for sperm to swim toward the cervix."

That's from a fertility authority site.

"The good news about the Pill and pregnancy is that oral contraceptives can actually give you a boost in preserving your fertility by lowering your chances of getting uterine and ovarian cancer. It can also suppress the symptoms of endometriosis, in which the uterine lining grows outside the uterus, causing fertility problems. But can the Pill actually help you get pregnant? Not exactly. Even though some women who had erratic cycles swear that a few years on the Pill helped regulate them, doctors caution that the cycle regulation is artificial, and once women are off the Pill their fertility returns to whatever level it would have been. Some women’s cycles regulate themselves over time anyway, regardless of whether or not they take the Pill."

That's from a parenting site

https://www.bu.edu/sph/2013/04/04/l...eptive-use-doesnt-hurt-fertility-study-finds/

"Long-term use of oral contraceptives does not hurt a woman’s chances of becoming pregnant, according to a study co-authored by researchers from the BU School of Public Health.

“Women who have used [oral contraceptives, or OCs] for four years or more should be reassured because we found no evidence that long-term OC use deleteriously affects fecundability,” says the study"

etc

D

deleted871301

No, that is why I created this thread to discuss birth control alternatives.

I have a friend who had a negative reaction to oral contraceptives but was perfectly alright with the "injection".

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, a quick google search (which I'm not linking some, because some of them have content that may break the ToS) resulted in things like:

"Can Birth Control Pills Cause Infertility?
Birth control pills have been available by prescription for more than 60 years and have extensive scientific data to support the safety and efficacy of oral contraceptives. Fernando Gomez, M.D. of the Reproductive Medicine Institute in Orlando, Florida, says there is no scientific evidence that birth control pills cause infertility. “This idea is a common misconception of patients using birth control pills for prolonged periods of time. Birth control pills are the most effective reversible therapy to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. In fact, since birth control pills inhibit ovulation, some studies have suggested that the use of birth control pills may have a positive effect on preserving women’s ovarian reserve, the number of eggs available for ovulation,” Gomez advises.

Birth control pills contain the hormones estrogen and progesterone which send signals to the brain to stop producing follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) which would cause eggs to mature and ovulate in a natural cycle. The effects of these hormones cause the uterine lining to remain thin (not receptive to embryo implantation), and cause cervical mucus to be too hostile of an environment for sperm to swim toward the cervix."

That's from a fertility authority site.

"The good news about the Pill and pregnancy is that oral contraceptives can actually give you a boost in preserving your fertility by lowering your chances of getting uterine and ovarian cancer. It can also suppress the symptoms of endometriosis, in which the uterine lining grows outside the uterus, causing fertility problems. But can the Pill actually help you get pregnant? Not exactly. Even though some women who had erratic cycles swear that a few years on the Pill helped regulate them, doctors caution that the cycle regulation is artificial, and once women are off the Pill their fertility returns to whatever level it would have been. Some women’s cycles regulate themselves over time anyway, regardless of whether or not they take the Pill."

That's from a parenting site

https://www.bu.edu/sph/2013/04/04/l...eptive-use-doesnt-hurt-fertility-study-finds/

"Long-term use of oral contraceptives does not hurt a woman’s chances of becoming pregnant, according to a study co-authored by researchers from the BU School of Public Health.

“Women who have used [oral contraceptives, or OCs] for four years or more should be reassured because we found no evidence that long-term OC use deleteriously affects fecundability,” says the study"

etc

Nice, this is a good start for me to do my research. As a guy, and one who has never been in a relationship, I've never really bothered to do much research into this, as I literally had no reason or interest in this subject. The degree of hormonal exposure is a far lower dosage compared to the early days of the pill, so my opinions are based on anecdotal evidence from people who were on it a very long time ago.

Thanks

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Simple solution is to do as our Grandparent claim to have done - no sex until marriage. Withdrawl method during marriage & hope for the best.

Any time yo have sex without a condom you put your future into the control of the other person. They potentially 'own' you for the next 18 years.

There are so many condom options. Sizes, thicknesses, j& really it's a mental game as to how pleasurable sex is with a condom. If the condom completely ruins it for you I'm going to say you're not doing it right, proper sex should be a lot more than just the rubbing of your cock shaft - teasing your mind, building anticipation....

Just get yourself a whole bunch of different condoms, even special order some in your size & +1 & -1. Train your mind. And if she's working your balls too, those sensations take the express bypass to pleasureville. Teach yourself to enjoy ball play.

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's not really what any doctor would advice you. Being monogamous only means that you are monogamous, you know nothing about your wife/gf/whatever. You can't possibly think you know what someone else is doing all the time.

That's not really what any doctor would advice you. Being monogamous only means that you are monogamous, you know nothing about your wife/gf/whatever. You can't possibly think you know what someone else is doing all the time.

I'm well aware, as someone who was previously in a relationship with someone, where we were supposed to be monogamous, and they cheated. However, lecturing about STD/STI practices was not the purpose of this thread. If you want to make a thread talking about safe sex practices, go for it, but that's not the intent of this one.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Simple solution is to do as our Grandparent claim to have done - no sex until marriage. Withdrawl method during marriage & hope for the best.

Any time yo have sex without a condom you put your future into the control of the other person. They potentially 'own' you for the next 18 years.

There are so many condom options. Sizes, thicknesses, j& really it's a mental game as to how pleasurable sex is with a condom. If the condom completely ruins it for you I'm going to say you're not doing it right, proper sex should be a lot more than just the rubbing of your cock shaft - teasing your mind, building anticipation....

Just get yourself a whole bunch of different condoms, even special order some in your size & +1 & -1. Train your mind. And if she's working your balls too, those sensations take the express bypass to pleasureville. Teach yourself to enjoy ball play.

I've never had sex before so totally relying on the pull out method would be an extremely stupid mistake, as I'll probably ejaculate within a few seconds or get so into enjoying the pussy that I cant pull out. I've read some of the descriptions on here about the details of vaginal sex, I don't know how long I'll last with something like that, especially when it is with a hot girl.

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm well aware, as someone who was previously in a relationship with someone, where we were supposed to be monogamous, and they cheated. However, lecturing about STD/STI practices was not the purpose of this thread. If you want to make a thread talking about safe sex practices, go for it, but that's not the intent of this one.
The point I'm making is that there is one reason to use condoms and another to use hormonal contraceptives, and none of the methods mentioned here can substitute condoms. Regarding only prevention of pregnancy, condom is actually not the best method.

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Regarding only prevention of pregnancy, condom is actually not the best method.
This. For every 100 women whose partner uses condoms to prevent pregnancy, 18 of them will get pregnant in a year.

Google "contraceptive efficacy"

Best is surgical sterilization.
Very good is implanted hormonal and injected hormonal.
Good is oral hormonal.
Ok is barrier.
Poor is spermicide and calendar based abstinence.
Parents is using no method.