Pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges in USA

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by fire77, Jun 26, 2011.

1. fire77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  2. dude96

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ironic how it says she was against abortion than uses cocaine while shes pregnant

3. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

The woman against abortion didn't use cocaine, the first girl did in the story.

4. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

Slowly but surely the government is turning women's bodies into public property.

5. dude96

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    well she was doing drugs... they dont just arrest people because they think they might have doing drugs... they do if they know they have

6. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I thought this would have a slant toward one side of the abortion debate or the other, but this doesn't seem to be about either of them. Just sheer idiocy for its own sake.

7. Ellebel

Ellebel New Member

It's hard to judge on stuff like this, even the cocaine-thing. If the death of a fetus MIGHT be due to the use of cocaine and you would be able to sentence her for that, you could also sentence a lot of women who drink or smoke (for example) during pregnancy. I guess you could even put guys behind bars for jacking off:)

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

The point the article makes is quite clear, if it is not illegal for a pregnant woman to intentional cause the abortion of a foetus she is carrying, how can it be illegal for her to accidentally cause it? It doesn't make sense.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

so happy to be english.

how can a woman who just tried to top herself over a lost love be deemed sane enough at the time to face charges for those actions anyway?

10. Intrigue

Intrigue New Member

Albums:
    Why oh why do I live in a country in which I am surrounded by fucking morons... Its time to move I think.

11. D_JuanAFock

D_JuanAFock New Member

To be fair, I think anybody that doesnt want an abortion but continues to do drugs/alcohol while pregnant should be behind bars.

12. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Fuck you.

13. D_JuanAFock

D_JuanAFock New Member

If you want to do drugs, get an abortion. Why risk the livelihood of your unborn baby for your own wants?

I never said I was against abortion, just that if you do something dumb that is going to be bad for what WILL be a human that will be living is wrong.

EDIT: I mean seriously, do you want to give your baby withdrawal upon leaving you? Do you want your baby to be mentally or physically handicapped when they would have been otherwise normal? Do you want to make their lives more difficult? Do you actually think you would be qualified to raise a baby if you are on crack? I know that as a guy, if I was doing crack or other drugs I would not be. That is not a good parent.

#13 D_JuanAFock, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  14. dolfette

Gold Member

the thing about an addiction is that it's...y'know...an addiction.

15. dolfette

Gold Member

for the record, i'd love to slap every git i see walking around with a baby in their belly and a fag in their mouth. but... is she a human being? or just a walking incubator?

16. D_JuanAFock

D_JuanAFock New Member

Then either dont get addicted, dont get pregnant, try to break the addiction, or get an abortion. If you really want a baby and want to raise the baby, you should want to give the baby the best possible chance in life. There are no excuses. If you are going to have the baby, then it is going to be a person. If you consider it one or not while it is in you, if you make the decision to have it then it will happen... its kind of the cycle of how things work.

17. D_JuanAFock

D_JuanAFock New Member

You have something living inside of you, you are still a human being but suddenly you have to think about another living thing. You arent a walking incubator, thats like taking one extreme and going to the exact opposite end to the other extreme. There is in fact a middle ground.

18. dolfette

Gold Member

then, in order to give full choice t a person who is already addicted...

will you fund contraception?
    abortion?
    treatment programs?

then you could say she truly had that choice.

19. D_JuanAFock

D_JuanAFock New Member

There is always a choice. If somebody is already addicted and wants to have sex, they should be able to afford their own contraception. If you are addicted, and dont want to get pregnant/have an abortion and cant afford to stay safe, dont have vaginal sex. I dont see why its so complicated.

If you are addicted but have the ability to get an abortion should the need arise, by all means fuck like rabbits vaginally as much as you want without protection. Be an idiot. Its your body. But if you are pregnant and still doing all kinds of drugs without an abortion, thats pretty wrong.

20. dolfette

Gold Member

people dont usually become addicts because they're stable people who make smart choices. and drugs impare judgement.

one of the first things google puked onto my feet,
    The Link between Women, Drug Addiction and Co-Occurring Disorders | Informative Treatment Articles

are all women fully in control of their sex lives? i've had unprotected sex without consenting to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted