Pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges in USA

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Also consider the women who would rather have natural childbirth at home with a midwife supervising or even just surrounded by family. That could be constituted as putting the fetus in danger because of lack of monitoring equipment. Say that something tragic happens and the baby dies. That mother could be prosecuted under the bill that's trying to be passed in my state and many others at the moment. It's mind boggling what the mostly right wing Republicans are trying to get away with. I rarely get involved in politics, but this is definitely an issue that needs looked at by all of us.

Another example...Say a woman is a little overdue and refuses artificial induction. Since the chances of sudden fetal demise increase after 40 weeks is she to be held accountable too?

Even with a licensed midwife and a doctor/surgeon on call in case of emergencies? I'm not sure that not having a baby in accordance with western medicinal guidelines constitutes negligence of any kind. My wife and I plan on having a water birth with a midwife present if all goes to plan, which rarely ever happens, and I am confident that we are making the right decision. Doctors first instinct in today medicine is to cut. This is not always the correct or prudent thing to do. They are trained as surgeons, not experienced practioners of a very very old field of medicine. I believe that doctors today, in the west, where I live are woefully under equppied to deliver a child. Atleast according to my personal standards. I hope my point hasn't gotten lost in all that soap boxing, but I mean to say that I think that anyone prosecuted under those terms has had a grave misjustice thrown upon them.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Even with a licensed midwife and a doctor/surgeon on call in case of emergencies? I'm not sure that not having a baby in accordance with western medicinal guidelines constitutes negligence of any kind. My wife and I plan on having a water birth with a midwife present if all goes to plan, which rarely ever happens, and I am confident that we are making the right decision. Doctors first instinct in today medicine is to cut. This is not always the correct or prudent thing to do. They are trained as surgeons, not experienced practioners of a very very old field of medicine. I believe that doctors today, in the west, where I live are woefully under equppied to deliver a child. Atleast according to my personal standards. I hope my point hasn't gotten lost in all that soap boxing, but I mean to say that I think that anyone prosecuted under those terms has had a grave misjustice thrown upon them.

Intrigue, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately the bill that I referenced that is currently being considered in the GA state legislature would make your wife accountable if anything were to happen. Sad but true.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Intrigue, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately the bill that I referenced that is currently being considered in the GA state legislature would make your wife accountable if anything were to happen. Sad but true.

Glad I don't live there! I am not the type who takes too much government meddling lightly. Me and my wife will do as we please with our family. I'll be damned if any gov. agency is going to tell me otherwise. Its for that reason I try, I don't always succeed, to keep my ear to ground for legislature like this so I can put in my vote. What else can one do?

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Glad I don't live there! I am not the type who takes too much government meddling lightly. Me and my wife will do as we please with our family. I'll be damned if any gov. agency is going to tell me otherwise. Its for that reason I try, I don't always succeed, to keep my ear to ground for legislature like this so I can put in my vote. What else can one do?

I know that here this peice of legislature was buried in committies so the media didn't get wind of it till pretty late. We have a very conservative Republican party that wants this bill passed and is trying to down play the implications of it. Keep an eye on your FL.gov website and see if anything similar is trying to go through and make sure the word gets out is all you can do if it is. Best wishes to you and your wife and congratulations!! :smile:

Nottoosmall

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you really give a S**T if some drug user killed there UNBORN child? The kid would have been messed up anyway. Its better off dead!!!!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do you really give a S**T if some drug user killed there UNBORN child? The kid would have been messed up anyway. Its better off dead!!!!

been a member for two years....
have a grand total of three posts...
including this one!

you, Sir, are what makes LPSG great!!

for true, i'm not being sarcastic or anything. i mean it. you made signing on this evening a pleasure.

i really fucking mean it.

Curvey_Amazon_OH

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Are you speakin from personal experience? Because I can not imagine even the most moronic person making such an ignorant comment in regards to such a sensative subject.