Pregnantness

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a few questions (for my friend, obviously):

1. How soon can you tell if a girl is pregnant
2. How soon and how exactly (as in accurately) can you tell when the baby was conceived?

B_jkmkch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
if she missed her period.... but you have to be close to her to know more..

as for time of conceive....check with the doc...

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
technology can tell pretty quickly now... Im sure you can tell within 2 weeks... yes or no... but Im not sure how accurately you can tell when the baby was conceived unless the girl is very regular... If she's like clockwork you can pretty much look at the calendar and tell... if he had sex on day X, Y or Z....(her most fertile ovulation days for that month).

I knew exactly the day I got pregnant.... we were using the rhythm method.. I told my hubby we shouldn't have sex that weekend, but he said "awww one time won't hurt anything" lmao... we still laugh about that years later....

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But how can docs tell? The accuracy required is within a few days, better if its to the day.

For example say a woman has sex with one guy one week then another guy a week later...is there any way she (or anyone else) could tell who got her pregnant?

Maybe some women or people good with numbers/menstrual cycles will be able to help play detective. Girl has had sex with:

"Random Guy" - 54 days ago
"Friend" - 40 days ago and 46 days ago

And she says she is three weeks late for her period (could be as much as four weeks late). Pregnancy test says 3+ weeks which could be 3-8 weeks ago apparently.

Is there no way it could be "Random Guy"?

Who is the baby daddy?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
who did you knock up?

biochemistry is "random guy's" best friend. hormonal markers can narrow conception down to two days. the first couple weeks of pregnancy are actually some of the most drastic hormonal shifts women experience during pregnancy. so depending on the test results in your hypothetical either man could be eliminated as a possible father.

i think by the 8th week of pregnancy doctor's have a formula to figure it out to the day. is fetal development and such.. ultrasounds... blood work. later in term tests can be ran to suss out the cunfuzzled DNA mystery.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Conception Calculator - estimates probable conception conceive and due dates of baby in pregnancy Baby2see

If you know (or can find out) the first day of her last period it can give you the information you are looking for. This program will calculate from this date and give you the possible date of ovulation and possible date of conception. the days you give are far enough apart you should be able to rule out one or the other possible fathers...

Maury Povich, I've heard, can also be a big help in this area... (JK) you need a little levity here...

good luck~

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay I did the ovulation calculator thing, guessing her period day and she came up as fertile between both times my friend shagged her (three and four weeks ago).

Not looking good. Do women get pregnant when they're not at their most fertile? Also I'm assuming if she had a period last month then random guy isn't the baby daddy.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
She has to take a pregnancy test available over the counter if her period is late. Usually involves peeing on a stick. Once I had a doctor tell me I was pregnant and then I scheduled an abortion but when we got to the clinic, no preg! Lab error, huge apologies. Do it yourself is much better than asking the clinic for that reason. Your results won't get lost.

And if it matters to her so much who the dad is, this complicates things greatly. Having a child is a big hindrance to sleeping-around lifestyle. Better to ascertain if she's preg or not first. Whose it is will not be provable until it is born, if it is.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She took one and it said 3+ weeks which just means more than 3 weeks so could be from 3-8 weeks? which is 21-56 days ago?

And she doesn't care, its just for my friend's peace of mind you see.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you spring for extra tests such as Mickeylee describes, you can make a good guess later, once it's farther along. But if she wants it gone, sooner is better.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
well, looks like as it stands he is a 'potential' but not the only one... helga is right about absolute assurance. have to wait until the babe is born for blood tests.

If she is very regular with her cycles that is a plus to help narrow the date down (typical woman has 5 days of ovulation where she is fertile)

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am very regular and took one of those over the counter pregnancy test when I missed my period. It was negative but still no period so went to the doctor because figured there had to be another explanation why I wasn't menstrating and there was I was pregnant. I remember when the doctor told me my due date and I looked back to when I had sex, I felt the date was wrong. The due date is a guestimate based on your last period -- two weeks before and two weeks after you can have baby. But nowadays the ultrasounds are used a lot more to see follow baby's development. I have heard of due date's being adjusted because of the ultrasounds.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She said she didn't have a period last month either. So does that look like its not my friend's? Since I think her periods are around the start of the month.

Last edited:

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yah, if you've determined pregnancy the determining of the father will have to wait for blood work. So just have to wait.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
She said she didn't have a period last month either. So does that look like its not my friend's? Since I think her periods are around the start of the month.

Look, she might be mixed up on her dates anyway(or she might want your friend out of the picture), there's just no way to tell at this moment 100%. We'd all be guessing, & relying on whatever she's told you, which is probably true.

I have been told by enough women that their cycles screw up occassionaly, so missing a period isn't 100% a reliable indicator.

Hopefully, a doctor could guess from the development of the fetus a good estimate of pregnancy stage, but then again, they rely a bit on the dates when the woman has told them that they've had sex.

She could have an amniocentisis at 18 weeks ( she might have to anyway if she's 35+), at which point paternity could be established. Other than that, you'd only know via a dna after birth.

I had a similar situation - I had sex with a girl, & wanted to keep on seeing her(what she could do with her body-wow), then 2 weeks later, I was at the doctor's with her. She reckoned, & the doctor too,that she was 4 weeks gone (that was him basing it on what she'd told him, & her usual cycle), & it was her on off long term boyfriend's. I broke up with her,but not because of this - I just didn't have anything in common with her.

It turned out ultimately, that she'd slept with another guy, the night before me, & after a rigarmarole of dna testing - she had only been 2 weeks pregnant, & it was his.

So, really, your friend is never going to know 100% until the child is dna tested.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm thanks man. Well now she is saying that she lied and my friend isn't the baby daddy. But she also said that even if it was his, he would never get to see it.

Obviously she's not a very nice person but a nine month wait is a long time. Plus from what she's said maybe she wouldn't tell him even if he was the dad?