Premature ejaculation after quitting anti-depressants.

spunkyboy2008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Until recently I took anti-depressants and they had the side effect of delaying ejaculation. Sometimes it was good because I could fuck for ages, but sometimes frustrating because I couldn't cum.

Now I don't take them any more it seems I'm not used to it and I cum too quickly. It is causing problems because my bf likes getting fucked hard, but I cum too quickly if I do that. It's not much fun for me either.

Is there anything I can do to prevent it?

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
At the onset of orgasm the balls draw in towards the body, PE can be overcome by reaching down and pulling them away again. The technique takes a little mastery, but can be learned quickly.

eunectes

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I also took antidepressants (SSRIs) for a while, and found that while I was medicated it was difficult to get to orgasm/ejaculation. So I put effort into getting to climax, but after quitting the meds found that I was cumming too quickly.

I would suggest that you practice Kegel exercises. Jerk off as frequently as you can, and try to stop it with use of the proper muscle contractions. Don't worry though if you can't hold your load in; sometimes if you just get yourself off a couple hours before you are going to be with your partner, you will have much more staying time.

Be patient with yourself. Your body developed different signaling when you were on the meds, and it will take some time to adjust back to your baseline.

jodude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Same here. I stopped the happy pills and woosh, my sex drive and ability to squirt changed back to normal. I used to go ages and sometimes it felt like a chore to cum, but now it's like it was. I edge and take time, and just relax and take deep breaths. But, Im definately enjoying feeling that normal sex thing again.

rederic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A few years back I was taking the anti-depressant Paxil. Among the side-effects that my doctor warned me of were loss of libido and difficulty achieving orgasm. Well, I didn't have much interest in sex when I was depressed, so the medication actually helped in that regard. It also had the predicted effect on my ability to climax--it was rather novel to be able to screw for a half-hour or more and my partner loved it, but she would also sometimes get sore. We adjusted the ways in which we made love--more foreplay, more manual and oral stimulation from her and getting her to accept that it was OK if I didn't come--and after a couple months things were pretty much OK. When I came off the drug I had your same experience of premature orgasm--much faster than before taking the medication. But, as others have said, Kegels, time, patience and edging all helped. Most important is not to worry and be anxious as that just makes it worse. All the best!

Being on anti-depressants definitely seems to delay orgasm, maybe because it dampens down the feelings a bit.

When I went off them i also found i got stimulated much more easily. How long is it since u stopped the meds tho dude? - maybe there's an adjustment period and the sensitivity will calm down over a month or two?

(i think eunectes says the same thing in his post - just noticed, sorry!)