Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've seen a few things online about this but figured I would post about it here where there's actually some interaction.

Basically, I never in the past had any problems with premature ejaculation. I went through a pretty rough time dealing with some stuff and first dealt with it by drinking but got sober in 2013. I've been on a multitude of different antidepressants since then. An MAOI (Parnate) worked the best but I also take Adderall for ADD and even though I combined them when I still had some Adderall left over and had no issues (if anything it lowered my blood pressure) my doctor would not prescribe them both at the same time because of outdated literature. Without the Adderall I had headaches from the Parnate and had to drink tons of coffee to get rid of them (again, probably from lowered BP) and the ADD symptoms where overwhelming so I stopped the Parnate after a few months. But I digress...

Anyway, the majority of 2013 through 2016 I was on high doses of either Effexor or Cymbalta (both SNRIs). For the first few months I was on Effexor in 2013 it was extremely difficult to "reach the point of no return." At first I would either eventually give up or keep going to the point the sheets were soaked from sweat. The release after all this, however, was amazing. I would just bask in the afterglow completely satisfied but not at all turned off or moody. As time went on, it didn't take the frantic effort to be able to cum but I was able to control it and edge for hours and became addicted to the feeling of every part of my pelvis/perineum being engorged, tense but so relaxed at the same time.

Aside from the sexual pleasure during that time, I pretty much became numb from the anti-depressants plus had gained a lot of weight so I decided to taper and stop. If the first 2 months off them I had already lost 30 pounds, now 40. I feel a lot more emotions, both happy any sad, but one of the things that's most bothersome is I've developed premature ejaculation now that I'm completely off the meds and it's getting worse, not better. More than half the time now I will cum before I am even completely hard. I'll spend more time getting out lube/accessories and then putting them away unused than I actually do masturbating. The orgasms aren't satisfying at all because there literally was no build up. I NEED that prolonged engorgement and body shivers and full body high, not just one isolated area that spasms for 10 seconds.

I know this went into a lot more detail than necessary to portray the issue but I'm sure many/most of you can relate to the experience that I so much miss now. Have any off you had to deal with this after stopping long-term antidepressants? How did you deal with it? Did it eventually get better, did something help with it, or are you still having problems with it. This has been going on for about 6 months now which is like twice as long as it took me to get used to the sexual side effects when I started the antidepressants.

Any advice, feedback or personal experiences are greatly appreciated!

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
First, talk to your psychiatrist. Next, it sounds like you accommodated to the drugs while you were on them, and indirectly developed a hair trigger response once they were removed. I've never heard of that happening, but it sounds logical. My guess, pure guess, is that if you could be trained one way once, you should be able to retrain later. In the short run, try jerking off again within 30minutes to a hour after your premature ejaculation. See if that helps. Ultimately, your dick is going to get your message. If that doesn't work, ask your doctor about a low dose SSRI to take before sex, but just not on a continuous basis. (And I can't believe anyone uses MAOIs these days - we call them lawyer's drugs, for a reason) Good luck.

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I’ve been on Zoloft (as it’s known in America) for a number of months now for depression and I have noticed a massive reduction in sexual sensitivity to what I’m used to, I understood that it was part of the side effects but it litterally takes me hours to come! Maybe it’s just how your body deals with the lack of the drug in your system now. It should equalise as the drug leaves your system over the months

jjslpsg

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have noticed the same occurrence. I have been taking Abilify and seems to prolong my sex to the point of not being able to orgasm for many hours. I am still taking them. My next visit I will ask the doctor to try another medication to see if it has the same side effects

Reactions: Allen67

Allen67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have noticed the same occurrence. I have been taking Abilify and seems to prolong my sex to the point of not being able to orgasm for many hours. I am still taking them. My next visit I will ask the doctor to try another medication to see if it has the same side effects
Just wondering. Are you able to stay hard during the time up to orgasm or do you also have difficulty maintaining an erection?