Premature ejaculation.

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Imported, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

harpua2001: Well lately I've realized that I have this deficiency and I was wondering how I can cure it or how to last longer. Any recomendations?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I've brought this topic by harpua back to page 1 hoping it might get some responses.  It's a vital and interesting subject, regardless of a man's size or age, and I thought you guys and gals might have some comments.

"It takes about five minutes for light to travel halfway from the sun, for Crayola to manufacture 60,000 crayons, for you to be happy or sad about your penis size and for Bill Gates to make $195,000. It also takes the average woman about five minutes longer to reach orgasm than it takes most of us. Every poll since the Crimean War has shown that one of women’s main beefs is that men ejaculate too soon. Experts say most guys reach orgasm in under three minutes (after 30 to 60 thrusts). Most gals require at least seven minutes. "  4 Men's Health

So, who started out as a teen with this problem and found a solution to it?  Share it with us.  Or maybe you've only periodically experienced it?  Tell us about it.  If you're one of the lucky ones who can go and go and go, tell us how you do it.  Ladies, what are your experiences?  Your thoughts?

Pecker

(Why is it that most nudists are people that you really don't want to see naked?)

3. Imported

Gold Member

longtimelurker: Can't say from first-hand I'm afraid (or should I be pleased to say...?)

But can't you get 'numbing lotions' and thicker, less sensitive condoms? OK, so we tend to have less choice than most condom-wise, but I'd imagine that wearing two standard XL ones at once would give a similar effect.

4. Imported

Gold Member

longtimelurker: Hmm, did a double post...

5. Imported

Gold Member

aussiechick63: I had a long time partner with this problem.
    It can help if you squeeze the base of the penis when he feels he is going to cum. Don't leave it too late obviously. You need to stop and Squeeze hard. Wait till the sensation subsides and start at it again.
    Don't know if it will work for you or not, but it did work for us.

6. Max

Max New Member

A good idea, Pecker, to bring this topic back up to the surface. I missed the first post, but if I had been around, I would certainly have responded.

In my time I have experienced both what I think is called ejaculatory incompetence (very briefly, though) and (much more regularly) very quick ejaculation, so maybe I can help a bit if Harpua is still around or other guys have this problem.

One method which might certainly help some couples is the use of thicker condoms, but this of course assumes that you aren't big enough to have your choice restricted to the XL variety as many of us here are. My own solution is almost the exact opposite of what everyone else tends to say; however it worked well for me and might for a few other guys too:

My problem way back tended to be that after extensive foreplay, and a very gentle approach and initial insertion, the long delay and anticipation had wound me up so much that once I was in, even just a little way in, maybe just the head ... it felt so warm and so good that I was over the top straight away. The combination of my size (especially girth) forcing us to take things slowly, and my urgent sexual drive was a challenge. Eventually I learnt to use my strong drive to my advantage ... let's hope this works for some others too. It has of course to be a 50/50 partnership; your partner needs to accept an equal share of the work:

If you find yourself coming far too soon, even just after you have entered, don't pull out, hold position. If you are highly sexed (which if you come quickly you probably are) you probably have a short refractory period, maybe even in some cases (as in mine) capable of being reduced to zero. You may shrink back toward the flaccid state and be super sensitive for a while, you may not, but whatever happens keep position. Even if I lose my erection altogether I can find myself pretty quickly back at full mast again .. all it might take is some (gentle!) stimulation of me with her vaginal muscles, maybe a little stroking of those inches left outside, maybe something good and ego-building whispered in my ear ;), maybe fondling the "boys"...

The result is that I am soon ready to go, and that this time there is no chance at all of quitting the field until she has come, maybe more than once. In fact sometimes there is the reverse problem; it takes me (especially recently) so long to come this second time that I have to quit because she is so sore. But the times when she urges me not to quit and keep on despite the soreness have been some of the best times ever :)

The overall moral is, I think, if you are highly sexed, increase the amount and frequency of the sex you have; this will also, in time, increase your stamina and staying power.

7. Imported

Gold Member

dr_drew2: Thanks for bringing this topic to the list again. I've struggled with this for awhile and am a loss for tangible solutions. I seem to get too charged up with the anticipation of things that once we get penetration, it's too much for my cock and head to handle and I blow. The good thing is that with each successive attempt, the staying power is increased. Still, that initial fast blow is not quite the note that I like to start with. Thus, any suggestions are welcomed. I've tried the notion of jacking off a lot in order to relieve the edge before sex, but that doesn't entirely resolve the problem. Oddly, when I jerk off, I can last for hours. Go figure! On the flip side of things, I have a bud that can last hours during intercourse. Not so sure I want hours, but at least 20 minutes would be respectable.

8. Imported

Gold Member

dotadone: This my friends is the worst time of my life. My son is battling leukemia, my wife is stressed by that and possibly going through menopause. I am stressed about all of it, besides 3 other children and full time work and tryng to run a small business. The last few times me and she had sex I shot way to fast, she was upset and acused me of being selfish, then refused to be intimate with me at all. she even caught me masturbating and had many a smart remark about that. I think it is mostly in the mind if no other physical problems excist. (I hope) just ranting. :(

9. Imported

Gold Member

dfox7.3x5: Dotadone, we're all here for you, that's for sure. Vent anytime. And take care of yourself.

10. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=dotadone link=board=health;num=1059538195;start=0#7 date=09/27/03 at 19:33:49]This my friends is the worst time of my life. My son is battling leukemia, my wife is stressed by that and possibly going through menopause. I am stressed about all of it, besides 3 other children and full time work and tryng to run a small business. The last few times me and she had sex I shot way to fast, she was upset and acused me of being selfish, then refused to be intimate with me at all. she even caught me masturbating and had many a smart remark about that. I think it is mostly in the mind if no other physical problems excist. (I hope) just ranting. :([/quote]

Yeah, dot, you and your wife are going through a really stressful time and it's bound to affect everything. You all really, really need to keep communicating, and you both need the intimacy more than ever.

Tell her what's happening and devote a night to making certain she is satisfied, too. You all are in my prayers.

:-*

11. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Unfortunately, you and your good wife have internalized your grief about your son. This has pulled you away from each other and made you resentful of each other instead of pulling you together to pool your strengths.

Sit her down and tell her that you are grieving as much as she is and that you can't continue to do it alone.

If the both of you can work together for the good of your child it will make all the other challenges of your marriage (including the sex) easier to control.

Good luck, dot. Keep us up-to-date on your son's and your marriage's progress.

12. Imported

Gold Member

Ineligible: I'm so sorry, dotadone. I hope your son pulls through all right. Leukaemia at a young age, which used to kill so many, now has a very good cure rate.

When life is stressful it's inevitable that the relationship suffers. I think the most important thing is that you and your wife recognise that it's not because either of you is being a poor spouse - it's just what always happens when there's a lot of outside stress, and therefore you have to be as tolerant of each other as possible, and not expect too much of each other. It will get better again when life picks up again - it happened to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted