Prepaid SIM cards in the States!

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi guys ... I'd like to ask something here, cuz I am sure you'll have the answer :smile:

I am German, I live in Germany ... but I am quite often in the States.

I know there are many different prepaid SIM cards on the US market.

But are there any with an unlimited validity?
I wanna use it for some phone calls only.
Ideally I would have a card that allow to use my credits whenever I want, without any 30 day validity or stuff like that ...

It's you turn now. Please help me :wink:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Go to K-Mart and buy a TracFone. Then buy a 100 minute card. As soon as you charge the phone battery, enter the tracking number for the 100 minutes they'll offer you to double minutes plus another 100 minutes if you buy an additional $25 card. But don't buy the second card until you receive a notice/advert from them about how to double -- and sometimes quadruple -- your minutes. They sell older Nokia, LCG, and Motorola phones. Don't expect to buy a G phone. But they work and the minutes don't expire for two years if you don't use them. If you want to continue using the phone they require the purchase of just a $10 phone card added once or twice a year. Tracfone cards are available at almost any supermarket in the USA.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you have a smartphone, you can use a Skype app. That's what I do with my iPhone. It works over 3G as well as wifi.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
t-moble has Prepaid SIM cards it is 6.95 for sim card and you may want to buy Prepaid refull card with your order.

Last edited:

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
From what I have found on my trips to the states, generally you can not get a sim on it's own, but most of my American mates, tell me the best way, is to just get a very cheap cell phone (Can find some @ $10), and just use that.

It's unlike Europe, where good roaming agreements are now enforced by the EU, or being able to get a sim for a few € / £'s, and top up as needs be.

However, it maybe worthwhile you picking up a sim for Lebara Mobile's network, as certainly in the UK, they offer cheap roaming / calls.

Welcome to Lebara Group

Another good alternative I picked up upon when I was at Denver CO last, get a calling card.

Last edited: