Preparation/recuperation advice for upcoming circumcision

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bonjour. I am due to have a circumcision next month to correct a slight issue I have with the foreskin. I'm ideally after having as little removed as possible, but I suspect I won't end up with much coverage when flaccid. Should be enough to keep masturbation the same, but whatever, doesn't matter really.

Anyway, I want to know if there's anything I can do/take/ensure so that the healing process is as short and effective as possible, ie. reducing scarring as much as possible, repairing the skin as quick as it can, that sort of thing.

Dunno if I can really make a difference beforehand, but advice on dos/don'ts for afterwards would be appreciated.

Last edited:

oralslut464

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wore a jock strap when I had mine done. It really helped a lot. I was off work over the summer so I just wore a jock strap and a nice loose fitting robe. I pretended I was a flasher all summer :) Just kidding!

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Erm. When I went for the consultation the woman said to wear snug stuff on the day, but then loose stuff while healing. What's the thinking with wearing snug? It is just me in the flat so I can bum around in nothing, but I can't exactly wear a dressing gown to Tescos. :/

One thing I was wondering is, are they any vitamins or minerals that I can ensure I have enough of to keep my body's healing mechanism in tip-top shape? I didn't pay much attention in biology so I've no idea if that's a stupid question.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i know this is horrible even as i am typing it.
and ya are a grown man.
medical reason.

but...

ya cock is gorgeous! *i really need to look at more galleries* ya sure ya need to take a little off the top?

*yes, i am a horrible person*
have you seen his penis!?!
go look.

pomaz59

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Bonjour. I am due to have a circumcision next month to correct a slight issue I have with the foreskin.

hey man,
this might be a bit strange to ask, but... could you do some kind of picture-diary of your healing process?

i am considering a circumcision and it would help to see something like that.

if no, thats cool, too, like i said i know the question is kinda weird :smile:

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i know this is horrible even as i am typing it.
and ya are a grown man.
medical reason.

but...

ya cock is gorgeous! *i really need to look at more galleries* ya sure ya need to take a little off the top?

*yes, i am a horrible person*
have you seen his penis!?!
go look.

Ha ha, well, I didn't expect that in this thread, but thanks! If I could go back in time and tell my past self not to do whatever it was that caused the issue I would, but it is needed and I'm looking forward to getting it sorted.

hey man,
this might be a bit strange to ask, but... could you do some kind of picture-diary of your healing process?

i am considering a circumcision and it would help to see something like that.

if no, thats cool, too, like i said i know the question is kinda weird :smile:

When I originally asked about partial circumcision, I couldn't find any pictures of it, so I was already planning on taking some before and after shots. So don't worry, it wasn't strange.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ha ha, well, I didn't expect that in this thread, but thanks! If I could go back in time and tell my past self not to do whatever it was that caused the issue I would, but it is needed and I'm looking forward to getting it sorted.
:redface:

i wish ya a successful procedure and speeding healing, Mr. Endued.

When I originally asked about partial circumcision, I couldn't find any pictures of it, so I was already planning on taking some before and after shots. So don't worry, it wasn't strange.
something like Y-V plasty or the Z-plasty reconstruction?

if i am being an ass or over nosy a hush ML works wonders :smile:

Last edited:

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:redface:

i wish ya a successful procedure and speeding healing, Mr. Endued.

something like Y-V plasty or the Z-plasty reconstruction?

if i am being an ass or over nosy a hush ML works wonders :smile:

Thank you! And don't worry, you're not being nosy. Any discussion is useful.

I don't really know what the terms for these things are to be honest (and when I saw the consultant he kinda smiled when he explained "there's no such thing as partial circumcision"), but we established that I want as little changed as possible.

I looked up those Y-V and Z things, I'm not sure that's relevant to me. There's a ring of scar tissue that's right where the foreskin goes from outside to inside. I basically want a foreskin shortening, whicch might be more accurate to describe things. I really don't know how much they'll need to adjust it. :confused:

D_Steve_Sphincter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Erm. When I went for the consultation the woman said to wear snug stuff on the day, but then loose stuff while healing. What's the thinking with wearing snug? It is just me in the flat so I can bum around in nothing, but I can't exactly wear a dressing gown to Tescos. :/

One thing I was wondering is, are they any vitamins or minerals that I can ensure I have enough of to keep my body's healing mechanism in tip-top shape? I didn't pay much attention in biology so I've no idea if that's a stupid question.

Skin will be especially nourished by a regimen of Vitamins A, C, E, Zinc, and Selenium (you might be able to get them all combined in one pill), shots of Aloe Vera juice (look for bottles that are certified by the International Aloe Science Council), and Omega essential fats (use cods liver oil straight from the bottle; not capsules. The former is normally more potent).

Best of luck.

londonhanger

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Plenty of water aids the bodies natural healing process. General good diet with plenty of fresh friut and veg. I'd consider wanking myself to the point of near coma just before the operation, to help reduce the desire to get an erection or play with it as far as possible afterwards. Shame you have to give up your foreskin.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thank you! And don't worry, you're not being nosy. Any discussion is useful.

I don't really know what the terms for these things are to be honest (and when I saw the consultant he kinda smiled when he explained "there's no such thing as partial circumcision"), but we established that I want as little changed as possible.

I looked up those Y-V and Z things, I'm not sure that's relevant to me. There's a ring of scar tissue that's right where the foreskin goes from outside to inside. I basically want a foreskin shortening, whicch might be more accurate to describe things. I really don't know how much they'll need to adjust it. :confused:

i keep flashing to a tailor measuring the inseam of your foreskin :redface:

maybe a resectioning of the scar?

so far, lots of rest. balanced diet. heaps of water. the wank induced coma *giggles* all sound really good.

hmm there are a couple threads about what to expect from recovery. folks recommended everything from salt soaks to positions to sleep in.

might be worth a read through.

more odd questions, cuz peens and peen happenings are terribly interesting...

do you know if the doctor will take more off the outside skin or more off the inside skin? can you ask for the cut to be as loose as possible? or tight if you prefer.

okay... this one is really stupid. have you looked at other peens and kinda thought you might want that cut?

all done.. will be under the rock.
:shysmile:

MC1000

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If I understand you correctly, I had the same problem 20 years ago. A ring of scar tissue had built up on the tip of the foreskin preventing it from retracting easily. This problem came on rather quickly. My doctor told me that if I only removed the affected portion, the scar from that incision would in time cause the same problem. The ring of scar tissue would close in again. I had a traditional circumcision. Later, I learned there are options to a circumcision. The least surgically invasive is a small v shaped notch cut into the tip of the foreskin. Next, the foreskin is slit from the tip back far enough past the head to allow it to retract. The third, and the one I wish I had known, is a stretching exercise and a steroid cream. Recovery for me was a long and painful process. I could not wear any type of underwear for six weeks. Even after the incision had healed, the penis head was so sensitive, the constant contact with underwear was painful. Life after circumcision will be full of new learning experiences from how you dress, pee, masturbate, oral sex, etc. You will adjust to the new norm in time. Just be patient, keep the incision clean and dry, and follow your doctor's advice. Most of all get rid of anything that might arouse you. Take my word on this. Erections and stitches do not mix! Good Luck!

S

SirConcis

Endued:

before the circ, trim your pubic hair short, and shave yor scrotum and any hair at base of penis. This is not "required", but makes it much easier to apply any bandage and more comfortable if wearing bandage (no hair stuck in bandage, no hair stuck in scar etc).

Follwo instructions from your doc on post circ healing. Don't apply any magic scar creams until after your scar has closed/formed all the way around and is strong enough to support full erection.

Many of those scar creams work by accelerating the destruction of collagen cells. Scar tissue constantly creates new collagen and destroys collagen. When destruction is higher than creation, the scar becomes less noticeable. It is part of a normal process, but can be accelerated, but only once scar has formed (otherwise those creams can interfere with the creation of the scar).

Vitamin E oil (pure) is said (but not proven) to help, as is Mederma.

Another aspect which is less discussed: scar healing requires lots of oxygen in the blood. So keep somewhat active to keep the blood loaded with O2 and flowing at good pace to bring the nutrients/enzymes to the scar site.

If you do get a partial circumcision, try to keep the remaining skin fully retracted for the first few weeks. If you let the scar over glans too long, it will heal at that narrower diametre and you'll have a temporary phimosis until the scar has gotten small enough that it has regained elasticity. Keeping remaining foreskin retracted helps (or retracting it often during the day).

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cheers for the advice (and the well-wishing!). Very much appreciated.

i keep flashing to a tailor measuring the inseam of your foreskin :redface:

maybe a resectioning of the scar?

so far, lots of rest. balanced diet. heaps of water. the wank induced coma *giggles* all sound really good.

hmm there are a couple threads about what to expect from recovery. folks recommended everything from salt soaks to positions to sleep in.

might be worth a read through.

more odd questions, cuz peens and peen happenings are terribly interesting...

do you know if the doctor will take more off the outside skin or more off the inside skin? can you ask for the cut to be as loose as possible? or tight if you prefer.

okay... this one is really stupid. have you looked at other peens and kinda thought you might want that cut?

all done.. will be under the rock.
:shysmile:

What's a resectioning? Sounds like it's being sent to a high-security criminal asylum in the future, which is probably a bit drastic for my needs.

Probably the inside, I think. The problem tissue is, I would say, about a centimetre inside, roughly in line with the tip of the head when flaccid.

Do you mean looked at a type of cut and though it would be suitable, or being cut in general? No to either though, really. Circumcision is not something that held any appeal for me as everything worked perfectly, and I couldn't really identify any different types. Should I take a picture in like at the barber's? "Make me look like that, cheers."

Last edited:

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If its only the tip of the foreskin that is tight, you should probably have the doc salvage whatever foreskin and frenulum. This is usually done by a style called High and Tight.

If you are not familiar, here is what it looks like:

http://www.circlist.com/styles/style-p6images/highscar-02.jpg
http://www.circlist.com/styles/style-p6images/highscar-04.jpg

A high and tight circumcision removes more outer foreskin and preserves the more erogenous inner foreskin and frenulum which contain most of the pleasure nerves and in the case of the frenulum, is responsible for triggering ejaculation. As in the picture above, the scar between the inner and outer foreskin is lowers down the shaft, closer to the balls. Most men who seem to be unhappy after a circumcision due to problems with decrease in sensation or delayed ejaculation seem to have what is called a Low and tight circumcision which is the opposite of High and Tight. Low and Tight can remove almost ALL of the inner foreskin and frenulum, some times as little as 1-2cm of foreskin is left.

http://www.circlist.com/styles/style-p6images/lowscar-09.jpg
http://www.circlist.com/styles/style-p6images/lowscar-05.jpg

Since this is a cut once operation, I'd suggest you attempt to map out the sensitive areas of your penis and attempt to masturbate as a circumcised man with your foreskin retracted lightly and with lube so you would to know what you should keep, or may be loosing after the cut. Pay special attention to the first 2-3 inches directly under your glans because this the part that will likely be removed. You can talk to your surgeon and tell him that you would like as much foreskin preserved as possible and to leave your frenulum intact.

As long as you know what you're going into, you should be able to have your issue resolved and a fully functioning and enjoyable cut cock coming out.

Sogious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorry to hear that. My doctor said I should have it done at my last visit. I asked what was wrong, but she said that it's just a preference to her medical profession. I remembered that this was the USA and that most men are cut here. I asked if there was more to go on. She said I had a condition known as phimosis, that is if I spelled it right. It's where the opening is smaller so that the foreskin can't pull back. I was kind of hesitant to her suggestion. I just showed her that I could pull it back and cleaning wasn't difficult. She just insisted and scheduled an appointment next month to have me cut. I said no and that if there's a problem I'd find an alternative treatment. Someone suggested earlier in the thread about a cream. I did research it. It's a Betamethasone cream 0.05%, again check the spelling. I never used it, bit kept it an alternative just in case. I just did what someone online told me and slowly stretched the opening of the foreskin to the point where it retracted without using my hands. It took two weeks surprisingly. Difference in diameter was noticable. Apparently, it was because of the smooth muscle within the foreskin constricted over time and the skin adapted. Coming that next appointment where the doctor was ready to do the surgery, I showed her and the nurses. They were quite impressed and took down the information about the cream. The doctor was all but pleased though. You'd think that a patient coming up with a better alternative would be met with a pat on the back. I don't get why she was so adamant about the surgery. She still suggested it because there was more skin on the front side and on the underside of the foreskin. I explained that that's the way the penis is designed and that it feels good for my girlfriends when it slides over the glans during intercourse. She said it was gross. I'm now looking for a different doctor. Just a suggestion before you rush into it. Don't know how it's affecting you, only what's happened in my case. I hope all goes well.

Last edited:

bbjj_789

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i got cut about 2 months ago. the only advice i got from my doctor is to stay away from sexual activity or about a month after the surgery...in reality...i needed a bit longer about 6 weeks. i did jack a lot before my surgery to get all the sexual tension out. after the surgery..i was in no mood to jack maybe at about on the 3rd week...i was starting to get horny again. loose underwear after the surgery worked best for me. i couldn't handle any support or close contact with my dick after the surgery..it hurt too much. morning wood didn't happen at all until the 2nd week. when i hit this mark...erections in the morning were too much pain. when i started to fell the pain from erection...i lost my erection quickly cuz of the pain. get used to seeing your dick all swollen...especially after the surgery. you little buddy will look like a dog shewed it up. don't jump the gun by playing with your buddy early...i did that mistake thinking that it was ok and my dick became all swollen afterwards. this will be a test of control...you'll feel really horny after not ejaculating for 4 weeks...you'll want to play with it..take it for a test drive...get your sexual tension out...but don't...you'll just make the healing process slower. now, my dick works normal...but healing doesn't stop until a year after. you won't see the final product until a year later. i still have some slight swelling around my scar and inner foreskin (or what i have left of it). thats all i can say to expect. if you have any more questions PM me...or anybody else...if you have any questions...just send me a PM...i'm pretty cool at answering anything. cheers...and good luck.

Reactions: CJF88

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
They were quite impressed and took down the information about the cream. The doctor was all but pleased though. You'd think that a patient coming up with a better alternative would be met with a pat on the back. I don't get why she was so adamant about the surgery. She still suggested it because there was more skin on the front side and on the underside of the foreskin. I explained that that's the way the penis is designed and that it feels good for my girlfriends when it slides over the glans during intercourse. She said it was gross. I'm now looking for a different doctor.

Sounds like she either wasnt able to separate her personal biases/preferences against the uncut penis or she simply wanted $$$. Either way, both are terrible qualities in a doctor who has sworn to do no harm and she was completely unprofessional.

Run, don't walk away from this woman. She doesn't have your best interests at heart.